Mike Oliver vs Reyaldo Lopez Tonight on ESPN2 from Boston

damn that punch was wiiiiide. oliver should've went for the decision instead of swinging for the fences.

That's exactly my point. Castillo & 3K were less worthy of challenging for the title.

Oliver is a victim of circumstance and that it that he posed to be an unexciting fight and could've possibly caused some problems. To think that the IBF saw something in him that was suddendly exposed in his fight tonight is a joke.

I agree. Oliver just got caught and while he should've had his title shot before now, circumstances and boxing politics dictated otherwise.

Oliver was getting caught regularly when he would come in.
Great ending.

You slowing down, Boston. This should have been posted a while ago.

Slowing down? I started this thread 12 hours before it started. Had comp issues last night so I couldn't bump up the thread from the bottom of the first page.

The knock out was great, Oliver never saw the punch coming. And the stoppage was just. I always thought that Oliver was a little overrated and John Scully has an ego that is way too big. All an all a decent night of fights even with a crappy undercard.

Slowing down? I started this thread 12 hours before it started. Had comp issues last night so I couldn't bump up the thread from the bottom of the first page.

The knock out was great, Oliver never saw the punch coming. And the stoppage was just. I always thought that Oliver was a little overrated and John Scully has an ego that is way too big. All an all a decent night of fights even with a crappy undercard.

Didn't like the undercards.

Ward's nephew was frustrating to watch.

damn that punch was wiiiiide. oliver should've went for the decision instead of swinging for the fences.

Looked like an MMA haymaker. Lopez had been beating him to the punch pretty much that whole fight, don't know what the hell he was thinking. Lopez looked pretty sharp though, props to him. "El Dentista...." lol.

Looked like an MMA haymaker. Lopez had been beating him to the punch pretty much that whole fight, don't know what the hell he was thinking. Lopez looked pretty sharp though, props to him. "El Dentista...." lol.

Exactly. That wasn't the 1st time Oliver got caught coming in. And the punches landing were clean and hard.

Not a good year for some prospects.... all on WNF and FNF. Joe Greene looked slow and clumsy in his win. Didn't see Quillan but I heard he didn't impress too much. Lee got TKOd and Oliver got KOd. Kingpin drew boos and Witherspoon* looked in effective.

*However, I thought Witherspoon did pretty good. Showed he could take a punch and give a punch. And threw his punches in combos.

keep busy fights almost always end this way...unless you are truly an elite fighter.

His interview was based on why Molitor is a punk and not what problems his opponent could give him.

Always a sign of an over confident fighter.

big LOL at anyone who thinks this guy had shit for Molitor.

Molitor would have wasted that kid, it was his fault he lost his mandatory status in the fist place fighting for the IBO title, but who gives a shit, just another easy fight for the Canadian kid Molitor.

Exactly. That wasn't the 1st time Oliver got caught coming in. And the punches landing were clean and hard.

Not a good year for some prospects.... all on WNF and FNF. Joe Greene looked slow and clumsy in his win. Didn't see Quillan but I heard he didn't impress too much. Lee got TKOd and Oliver got KOd. Kingpin drew boos and Witherspoon* looked in effective.

*However, I thought Witherspoon did pretty good. Showed he could take a punch and give a punch. And threw his punches in combos.

What are you talking about? WNF and FNF only puts on mismatches where other dudes dont stand a chance. :icon_chee

man oliver blew it, he isn't gonna get that fight w/molitor now; its back to the end of the line, an this might be it as far as him getting a title shot.

oliver is a tough conditioned awkward and tech fighter, i.e. the type noone wants to fight an w/out that 0 on his record he gonna have a hard time forcing the big names to fight him.

its times like this i really respect hopkins, cus he had to win and never slip up for years or he would have been written off in boxing; an he never slipped got caught or was unprepared.

oh well, still a oliver fan; but know he has alot of work to do.

man oliver blew it, he isn't gonna get that fight w/molitor now; its back to the end of the line, an this might be it as far as him getting a title shot.

oliver is a tough conditioned awkward and tech fighter, i.e. the type noone wants to fight an w/out that 0 on his record he gonna have a hard time forcing the big names to fight him.

its times like this i really respect hopkins, cus he had to win and never slip up for years or he would have been written off in boxing; an he never slipped got caught or was unprepared.

oh well, still a oliver fan; but know he has alot of work to do.

What are you talking about? WNF and FNF only puts on mismatches where other dudes dont stand a chance. :icon_chee

I for one think ESPn does a decent job of matchmaking and think they've had some pretty good fights of late.

Back