Mike Arnaoutis vs Lanardo Tyner plus Devin Vargas Tonight on ESPN2

I didn't like how Mike looked in this fight, honestly. The guy he was Fighting looked like the good Gym "tough guy." He'll kick your ass for 4-5 rounds, especially with the gear on, but take the gear off and put him under the big lights, make him go more than 6 and he has troubles.

Tyner was all but BEGGING to be knocked out in the 7th and 8th, and Mike let him off the hook. He could have ended the fight like 10 different times between then and the final bell, but chose not to. I think he's capable of better physically, but perhaps has become a little complacent to out-point a guy he should KO stunningly to get back into contention.

As of now he's a slick Southpaw who can make you look bad more than kick your ass, that's the kind of guy who gets avoided.

I know what you mean. Tyner wore down in the second half of the fight. It was a decent win for Mike, but if he wants to make a statement and fight people like Urango and Holt again, he needs to look better.

I didn't like how Mike looked in this fight, honestly. The guy he was Fighting looked like the good Gym "tough guy." He'll kick your ass for 4-5 rounds, especially with the gear on, but take the gear off and put him under the big lights, make him go more than 6 and he has troubles.

Tyner was all but BEGGING to be knocked out in the 7th and 8th, and Mike let him off the hook. He could have ended the fight like 10 different times between then and the final bell, but chose not to. I think he's capable of better physically, but perhaps has become a little complacent to out-point a guy he should KO stunningly to get back into contention.

As of now he's a slick Southpaw who can make you look bad more than kick your ass, that's the kind of guy who gets avoided.

i think mike didn't want to go all out for fear of giving up his advantages, namely mobility, reach and technique; if he really sat down and went for broke he would give tyner the opp to do what he does best, load up and throw.

i think he made a concious decision to play it safe, instead of closing the show, he got the win; i think when mike tasted tyners power he decided to outbox him and win by wider margin rather than put something on him nd go for the stoppage.

Meh, Tyner didn't ever really have Mike in any trouble. He got a couple good licks in and it looked bad because Mike's feet were moving at the time, I don't think he was ever seriously hurt by anything other than a head-butt by Tyner.

Mike's punch-output slowed, and in the best round he had he lit Tyner up like an Olympic Torch. I agree he "played it safe" but not because he had to, because he wanted to.

He also stopped hitting Tyner to the body, despite OBVIOUS signs it was doing serious damage. Instead he took to peppering Tyner's gloves from the outside.

Meh, Tyner didn't ever really have Mike in any trouble. He got a couple good licks in and it looked bad because Mike's feet were moving at the time, I don't think he was ever seriously hurt by anything other than a head-butt by Tyner.

Mike's punch-output slowed, and in the best round he had he lit Tyner up like an Olympic Torch. I agree he "played it safe" but not because he had to, because he wanted to.

He also stopped hitting Tyner to the body, despite OBVIOUS signs it was doing serious damage. Instead he took to peppering Tyner's gloves from the outside.

Yeah. I remember Atlas talking about how the early body work seemed to be paying off but that he went away from it.

well if it wasn't tyners work that made mike gun shy, then ur boy has a mental issue that a)is gonna make him unattractive to fans and b)get him in trouble when he faces the top guys and titleholders.

a mobile efficient tech, who plays it safe and doesnt like to finish; i can see the title shots and tv spots and huge paydays now..lol

well if it wasn't tyners work that made mike gun shy, then ur boy has a mental issue that a)is gonna make him unattractive to fans and b)get him in trouble when he faces the top guys and titleholders.

That's exactly what I was saying with my initial post. I think he's become complacent.

a mobile efficient tech, who plays it safe and doesnt like to finish; i can see the title shots and tv spots and huge paydays now..lol

Seems to work for Cory Spinks to some degree.

Back