Mihajlovic vs Ngannou - One of the biggest size differences in recent memory?

bubbleboyjones

Belt Purple
@Silver
Reaction score
My initial thought when I fight started was "either Ngannou is the biggest human in the world or Mihajlovic is tiny".

Seriously though this fight had to be one of the biggest mismatches in size that I can think of in the UFC. Mihajlovic was one of the weakess 228lbs i've seen. He has the frame of a midsize middleweight. Almost like a fatter/more muscular version of Chris Leben. Contrast that with Ngannou who is a big HW and its like this is a throwback to UFC 1.

9398563.jpg

Yeah. Ridiculous mismatch. Looked like Rumble/Yoshida.

body like Tim Sylvia except smaller and literally afraid of his opponent. that guy was a fucking disgrace yesterday

Isn't the size difference about the same as DC vs Jones?

He was an overweight LHW, or possibly even a middleweight. He was a can brought in for Ngannou to smash.

He was an overweight LHW, or possibly even a middleweight. He was a can brought in for Ngannou to smash.

Really no way around that assessment either. Mihaljovic beat absolutely no one of note in his fights before this and generally had trouble finishing the cans with losing records he was fighting. Not sure why they made this fight. What does Ngannou learn from destroying a guy so clearly beneath him?

Really no way around that assessment either. Mihaljovic beat absolutely no one of note in his fights before this and generally had trouble finishing the cans with losing records he was fighting. Not sure why they made this fight. What does Ngannou learn from destroying a guy so clearly beneath him?
To build up a hype train just like they did with sage northcutt and whoever else. Half of these people on sherdog buy into it and think he's the next best thing. I guess we'll see

Fedor - Rogers
JBJ - Shogun
Fedor - Bigfoot
Lesnar - Couture

This was a mismatch. Check out Ngannou weight though. He really stepped up a few divisions.
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Francis-Ngannou-152341

This is awesome...he must have been cutting height early in his career.

Also Mihajlovic failed in the can role so miserably I was angry, I don't even think Ngannou landed one clean shot. Nothing for the highlight reel there which is really disappointing considering that was the whole point of the match-up.

Back