Mihajlovic vs Ngannou - One of the biggest size differences in recent memory?

brennemanjohnson.jpg

brenneman2.gif

what a massacre that was... one of the most brutal I can recall...

Anthony didn't give Charlie a chance to breathe in there. There was always a weapon being fired right into his face. If it wasn't a monster of a punch, a shin would be fired off right in time for Charlie to eat it

In former Soviet areas and central to Eatern Europe, having the muscle (or roydz) to look like a heavyweight is expected. Even little guys wanna look big. But when they get a big shot and are missing a test jab to the ass during testing - they turn to fat scared overblown welterweights.

Struve fought Barry a few years back... Tallest heavyweight on the roster vs the shortest heavyweight on the roster... If I remember correctly I think Barry threw a jumping left hook. It was awful.

But not as bad as Schilt vs Aoki in Pride...

I could see the UFC bringing in Mihajlovic if he were a younger prospect. But at 36 his career is on the tail end if being quite optimistic. This one was pretty ridiculous, no matter how desperate they may be.

If Mihajlovic went on a diet, he'd be somewhere around 200 lbs lean and could make an easy cut to MW. I will never understand why these ~225 lbs HWs wants to fight guys that are huge compared to them. DC I can understand because he's very skilled and also very strong (though he could also make MW) but this guy, not really a world beater and probably never will be. However, I guess it makes some sense considering how weak HW is and that he'd never get a contract to fight in the deeper MW/LHW division. I wonder if Ngannou can become an elite HW or if he'll just be another version of Kongo - black, superhero body and French.

If Mihajlovic went on a diet, he'd be somewhere around 200 lbs lean and could make an easy cut to MW. I will never understand why these ~225 lbs HWs wants to fight guys that are huge compared to them. DC I can understand because he's very skilled and also very strong (though he could also make MW) but this guy, not really a world beater and probably never will be. However, I guess it makes some sense considering how weak HW is and that he'd never get a contract to fight in the deeper MW/LHW division. I wonder if Ngannou can become an elite HW or if he'll just be another version of Kongo - black, superhero body and French.
Some guys are just not into cutting weight.

Mirko fought at HW at 213lbs. He would have been a small LHW but he decided to man up and fight big guys.

Struve fought Barry a few years back... Tallest heavyweight on the roster vs the shortest heavyweight on the roster... If I remember correctly I think Barry threw a jumping left hook. It was awful.

But not as bad as Schilt vs Aoki in Pride...

Schilt never fought Aoki ya goof!

I always wondered what would happen if Booker T was an MMA fighter and now I know...domination.

Back