Mighty Mouse's flying armbar is still the greatest submission i've seen in the UFC

Nah dude it was pretty f'n great. Anderson had shown some pretty sweet ground skills by that point and was training with Nogueria. While I'm aware Anderson got better, this was still a near prime version of one of the best fighters of all-time. Beyond that, just look at it. It's gorgeous.

It is gorgeous and I'm a huge Anderson fan, (have his entire career on a flash drive aside from 1 early fight I couldn't find)

He was never really terrible on the ground because he knew how to use his long limbs for his lock down defence but he didn't have the greatest submission awarness and defence.

I may be mistaking here but I thought he didn't start working with Nogueria until after the Chonan fight.

Edit: Just looked it up and yeah, you're right. It was after the Takase fight he switched over to Nogueria.

Anderson tapped so quickly

It is gorgeous and I'm a huge Anderson fan, (have his entire career on a flash drive aside from 1 early fight I couldn't find)

He was never really terrible on the ground because he knew how to use his long limbs for his lock down defence but he didn't have the greatest submission awarness and defence.

I may be mistaking here but I thought he didn't start working with Nogueria until after the Chonan fight.

Edit: Just looked it up and yeah, you're right. It was after the Takase fight he switched over to Nogueria.
Yeah Nogueria's the guy who took Anderson on his tour across promotions outside Japan, including Lee Murray @ cage rage, which, when I watch that, I'm seeing Anderson at his near best, ready to enter UFC. And Ryo Chonan was after that.

Last edited:
This is the best sub in UFC history.
Watch that video. Mir was basically OUT. He escapes a guillotine attempt by Big Nog while being out of it and is able to roll out, get side control and break Big Nog’s arm with a kimura.

That’s Big freaking Nog he just did that to. Who would have thought we’d see somebody break Big Nog’s arm with a sub moments after almost being stopped with strikes. GOAT sub in UFC history.

Loses it's impact since it only happened because shit reffing forced Nog to stop throwing punches.

Big ass asterisk on that one.

Yeah Nogueria's the guy who took him on his tour across promotions outside Japan, including Lee Murray @ cage rage, which, when I watch that, I'm seeing Anderson at his near best, ready to enter UFC. And Ryo Chonan was after that.

Yeah got my timeline messed up, Thought Murray was after Chonen. He had a lot of fights between 03 and 05

Loses it's impact since it only happened because shit reffing forced Nog to stop throwing punches.

Big ass asterisk on that one.

I don't remember the shit reffing part, just remember Not hammering on him and then switching to the I'll advised submission attempt.

What happened with the ref?

For a very faint moment right after the slam, you can see Ray Borg's face thinking "wtf is dis... fockkk dis shit is happenin!!! MUST ESCAPE, CANNOT TAP TO THIS SHITTTTTTTTTTTT" before he wiggles around, then taps.
I've gone frame by frame to see the moments where

a) DJ officially has Borg trapped.
and
b) the moment Borg realizes it.

It's amazing.

It is, but expect the haters to flood your thread TS.

lol

I'm really starting to wonder if I have multiple personality disorder and your account is me as another personality. If so our family needs to do an intervention and keep us away from Sherdog. We spend way too much time on here.

Yeah got my timeline messed up, Thought Murray was after Chonen. He had a lot of fights between 03 and 05

Edit: On an unrelated note I always get a kick out of listening to the commentators in the Murrey fight. They are so biased and it's hilarious how they keep trying to build him up and excuse the fact that he is being dominated and acting like he will end the fight at any second.

I don't remember the shit reffing part, just remember Not hammering on him and then switching to the I'll advised submission attempt.

What happened with the ref?

Mir was pretty much out. That fight could have been waved off with no complaint whatsoever, and the got Nogs attention and told him to stop hitting the back of the head. Like I said, Mir was basically out, and there was like one questionable shot. So, instead of finishing the fight, Nog dove on a submission on Mir who had a bit of time to clear some cobwebs and defend. This lead to the scramble in which Nog got his arm snapped. If Nog wasn't interrupted, he would have won the fight. It was over.

Edit: On an unrelated note I always get a kick out of listening to the commentators in the Murrey fight. They are so biased and it's hilarious how they keep trying to build him up and excuse the fact that he is being dominated and acting like he will end the fight at any second.
One of the funniest commentaries ever along with Fedor/Fabio. For different reasons but both great.

Mir was pretty much out. That fight could have been waved off with no complaint whatsoever, and the got Nogs attention and told him to stop hitting the back of the head. Like I said, Mir was basically out, and there was like one questionable shot. So, instead of finishing the fight, Nog dove on a submission on Mir who had a bit of time to clear some cobwebs and defend. This lead to the scramble in which Nog got his arm snapped. If Nog wasn't interrupted, he would have won the fight. It was over.

I agree it looked like it was over just didn't remember the refs warning. Thought he dove on the sub attempt in a fool Hardy attempt to prove a point to Frank by subbing him and it backfired.

You seem pretty passionate about it though so I'll take your word for it. Thanks for the explanation

Read again what I wrote
You said Borg became pro 4 years ago when it was actually 6.

That's before Cody Garbrandt, so I guess we got to not dismiss Dillashaw's last win too.

Last edited:
Back