Mighty Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only pic I see of him post fight he looked Vitor juicy.
Maybe he had perfect down lighting and a vascular pump

That one's touched up. They forgot to blend his bug bites.
one-anewera-demetrious-johnson-yuya-wakamatsu-18-1.jpg
I'm not saying he's clean, or dirty for that matter, but doesn't ONE basically not test for PEDs?

Mighty Mouse was a female featherweight? Or you mean he used to fight at 265?
The people that discredit mighty mouses skill have likely never trained any martial arts a day in their life. Your favorite fighters favorite fighter is probably Mighty Mouse. He's arguably the perfect fighter in terms of skill. I especially love his clinch work.
Would like both responses if i could.

125 is super underrated, the only reasom this division is so often shit on is because it's horribly bad marketed and people love to spew BS.

Also fully agree that DJ is super close to being the perfect fighter, he's elite everywhere and imo he's probably the best or second best fighter of all time.

He wouldn't even agree to fight Dillashaw at 125 without him having a fight there first.
That had more to do with Johnson wanting the fight to count as a title defense, as he was trying to break the record, and if Dillashaw missed weight it would've been a non-title fight. Furthermore, Dillashaw wasn't even champion at the time.

Not even going to mention he threw out a number he knew he wasn't going to get when asking for 2million when inclusive of win bonuses he topped out at what around 440-500k in his last couple of fight. Guy would have got creamed at 135 and he knew it, no wonder he was content beating lesser opponents at 125.
He was open to as little as $1 million for a total purse; if Dana and the UFC thinks that was too hefty of a price, then Johnson against the Bantamweight champion was never the "super fight" they kept claiming it to be in the first place.

"Mighty Mouse" said he ran into Dillashaw in Las Vegas over the weekend during UFC 183 fight week and told him the plot.

"I was like, 'Hey, I told everybody that I'll fight you,'" Johnson said. "He was like, 'You did?' I said, 'Yes and I told everybody we gotta get paid. I said $2 million.' He goes, 'Eff, yeah. I'm down with that.'"

Johnson (21-2-1) conceded that it wouldn't take quite that much. But close.

"I guess not," he said. "Maybe one million if Dana wants to come out with that."

https://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/...-down-for-superfight-with-t-j-dillashaw-for-2

Last edited:
I think they're on the trust system where they call and ask if you're clean or not. Just a yes or no update.
The thing is, when PEDs aren't banned, it's not cheating. Same with PRIDE or RIZIN or whatever. If those guys are on all the steroids, that's their choice.

But the UFC does in fact test, so either don't cheat or be good enough to not get caught. It's just part of the game

I believe heyis fighting at 135 over there but it's called fw

Think we'll ever see MM back?
Still can't believe they shipped him off to the Philippines and we got Ben Askren in exchange.

Still can't believe they shipped him off to the Philippines and we got Ben Askren in exchange.
Mighty mouse would have fucked up Brandon Moreno and would fuck up figgy
It's all about marketability.
You can't have your dominant champ be a poor draw. That's bad for business. And that's all the UFC is. So he got shit canned for a guy who they thought would bring in higher numbers. Him leaving was technically good for the division in a business sense, but in a sport sense it was disgraceful.
Super cool guy too, he lives like 35 mins away from me.

Flyweight in ONE is 135...
I believe heyis fighting at 135 over there but it's called fw
The weight cutting rules are completely different though. Flyweights in ONE Championship aren't the same size as bantamweights in the UFC.

https://www.onefc.com/martial-arts/

Weight Classes
Heavyweight
102.2 kg – 120.2 kg
Light Heavyweight
93.1 kg – 102.1 kg
Middleweight
84.0 kg – 93.0 kg
Welterweight
77.2 kg – 83.9 kg
Lightweight
70.4 kg – 77.1 kg
Featherweight
65.9 kg – 70.3 kg
Bantamweight
61.3 kg – 65.8 kg
Flyweight
56.8 kg – 61.2 kg
Strawweight
52.3 kg – 56.7 kg
Atomweight
47.7 kg – 52.2 kg

ONE Championship’s weight classes are unlike any other martial arts organization in the world. ONE leads the global martial arts industry by banning weight-cutting by dehydration, choosing instead to implement a revolutionary system that ensures athletes are fully hydrated, fit, and healthy ahead of their bouts.

The new program, which is the first of its kind for combat sports, is focused on athlete safety by introducing “walking-weight” competition via multiple weigh-ins and tests before and during fight week, including three hours before an event begins.

An athlete’s “walking-weight” will be determined by a robust system that will track his/her weight on a regular basis throughout the period that the athlete is contracted to ONE.

The revolutionary weigh-in program was established after thorough discussions and recommendations by ONE Championship’s medical and competition team, consisting of Vice President of Medical Services Dr. Warren Wang, Chief Medical Advisor Dr. James Okamoto, Vice President Rich Franklin, and Vice President of Operations & Competition Matt Hume.

General Regulations & Policies Related To Athletes’ Weight

1. Athletes must submit their current walking weight and daily training weight regularly. Athletes will input and track their daily weight online via a dedicated web portal.
  2. Athletes will be assigned to their weight class based on collated data and random weight checks. Athletes are not allowed to drop a weight class less than eight weeks out from an event.
  3. During fight week, weights are checked daily. Urine specific gravity will also be checked the day after arrival and three hours prior to the event. Athletes must be within their weight class and pass specific gravity hydration tests all week and up to three hours before the event. If an athlete falls outside the weight, or fails a test, they are disqualified from the event. Doctors may request additional testing at their discretion.
  4. Catchweight bouts are allowed. However, the athlete with the higher weight will not be heavier than 105% of the lighter opponent’s weight.
  5. ONE will conduct random weight checks on athletes at its discretion.
  6. Athletes may petition to change weight classes outside of the eight-week competition zone and must be within their new desired weight at that time. In addition, athletes must pass a specific gravity urine test when their weight is within the limits of the newly petitioned weight class. ONE doctors can request additional testing to determine the amount of weight drop allowed over a specific time.
  7. The usage of IVs for the purpose of rehydration will not be allowed.

That's a big win, Ben gave the UFC the greatest highlight ever, and the income from Masvidal stardom has been huge.

Mighty mouse would have fucked up Brandon Moreno and would fuck up figgy
It's all about marketability.
You can't have your dominant champ be a poor draw. That's bad for business. And that's all the UFC is. So he got shit canned for a guy who they thought would bring in higher numbers. Him leaving was technically good for the division in a business sense, but in a sport sense it was disgraceful.
Super cool guy too, he lives like 35 mins away from me.
Mouse was ko'ed stiff his last fight no reason to assume he could win these anymore.

Think he could win the belt but holding it would be tough given how stacked a division 135 is. We got to remember MM is coming off a loss in ONE.

Back during the TJ/Cody era no doubt he could win the belt and reign for awhile. But the level of difficulty at 135 has dramatically increased.

If DJ were to come back to the UFC could he take the 135 title?
he owns 135.
CCC maybe would be a challenge, but that's because of his amazing wrestling.
But I don't see anyone else beating him...

He said TJ needed a fight at 125 first before a title shot. Considering how weight drained TJ was he was right

DJ outboxed Cruz that fight and he was a part time fighter back then.

Alot of the flyweights Mighty Mouse dominated (JoeB, Cejudo, Kyoji had much success @ BW). Cejudo won a controversial and highly disputed decision meanwhile was cowering and crying in their first fight after being finished in the 1st

GettyImages-523605110.jpg

Mighty Mouse is the 2nd best fighter in the world to Khabib
I thought that was Cejudo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back