Mighty Mouse vs. Joseph Benavidez II OFFICIAL for TUF 18 Finale.

DJ is underrated in terms of excitement level. His last two fights delivered big time. on the whole, you're probably not going to see many finishes from flyweights outside of Joe B. Wan and Dodson in the UFC.

Finishes don't always equal excitement. I'd rather watch Condit/Hendricks than Hendricks/Kampmann.

they seriously put a title fight on a finale card...theydont take flyweight serious haha

Finishes don't always equal excitement. I'd rather watch Condit/Hendricks than Hendricks/Kampmann.

agree completely. we've seen absolutel snoozefests that happen to have an awesome finish (Mir vs. Cro Cop) and we've seen foty type matchups that went to the judges (Condit/Kampmann I, Edgar/Maynard I, Bendo/Pettis I, etc--a lot of Is).

DJ is underrated in terms of excitement level. His last two fights delivered big time. on the whole, you're probably not going to see many finishes from flyweights outside of Joe B. Wan and Dodson in the UFC.

And his two fights with McCall were great.

I was pretty excited to see both live. Place went nuts both times, but yes Condit/Hendricks got the bigger reception

And Moraga, Lineker, Ali, etc.

Also, Benavidez winning the polls? People must forget how well MM adjusts mid-fight. When he was having issues with Dodson's power and speed, he altered his approach and made it a dirtier fight. I understand that Benavidez and Alpha Midget has looked unstoppable since Ludwig came to town, but MM is incredibly diverse and I think he's going to push the pace physically on Joe who probably won't be able to catch him.
Joe b wan is equally diverse in his game, if not more so considering his highly adept submission game.

And Moraga, Lineker, Ali, etc.

lol yea i stand corrected. Linekar and Moraga are killers. Just on average there will probably be fewer finishes at flyweight than the weight classes above 170 but who gives a shit. as Substance said, the quality of the fight isnt determined by the finish.

i thought MM vs. Torres was awesome to watch too.

Great fight. Very hard to call, but I think this is the fight that gives Ludwig-based Alpha Male their first loss.

Lol being at the Tuf Finale.

Stupidity if you ask me. Gives them absolutely no time to hype a fight that needs the UFC promotional machine (see Road to Octagon effect)

Joe b wan is equally diverse in his game, if not more so considering his highly adept submission game.

yea they match up against each other very well. Joe B. has far more power but MM is faster with a higher workrate. Joe B. has very good ground but MM has insane submission defense and great wrestling.

The core is that Joe has very good takedown defense and scrambles but MM showed that he could overwhelm those abilities in his last fight. I was surprised that when he managed to ground Benavidez deep in the fight, he kept him grounded.

I don't know how I feel about this. I wanna say its too soon, but then again there is no one else and these guys need fights. Flyweight is moving too fast for its own good. I understand their isn't a lot of talent yet, but this whole division seems rushed. How many times can Benavidez fight for the title?

lol yea i stand corrected. Linekar and Moraga are killers. Just on average there will probably be fewer finishes at flyweight than the weight classes above 170 but who gives a shit. as Substance said, the quality of the fight isnt determined by the finish.

i thought MM vs. Torres was awesome to watch too.

Yeah, it's pretty impressive actually how many guys have good KO power in the division considering how tiny the divison is and it's fighters lol

I think the rematch makes sense, Benavidez lost clearly in the first fight but it wasn't like he was destroyed. He had a few good moments. And you could argue he's improved under Duane Ludwig.

I don't know how I feel about this. I wanna say its too soon, but then again there is no one else and these guys need fights. Flyweight is moving too fast for its own good. I understand their isn't a lot of talent yet, but this whole division seems rushed. How many times can Benavidez fight for the title?

It buys them some time considering a) Benavidez is a legitimate contender and b) he's on a hot streak that helps justify his title shot. Now at the same time, Benavidez is only fighting for the title because Lineker missed weight.

Chances are by this time next year, they'll have about 3-4 guys who can challenge for the belt (Lineker, Tim Elliot, the winner of Dodson vs Montague and potntially possibly Jose Maria).

Yeah, it's pretty impressive actually how many guys have good KO power in the division considering how tiny the divison is and it's fighters lol

I think the rematch makes sense, Benavidez lost clearly in the first fight but it wasn't like he was destroyed. He had a few good moments. And you could argue he's improved under Duane Ludwig.

yea i dont know if its cause i really like Joe and picked him to win first time out but i actually thought that was quite a competitive fight. it wasnt like Mighty Mouse shut him out completely like he was doing with Moraga up to the stoppage. I think you could have scored that one three rounds to two, with joe edging one of the first three (cant remember which) and taking the fourth narrowly due to the knockdown (MM acquitted himself nicely dominating the end of the round).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back