Mighty Mouse UFC 1

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How do you guys think Demetrious Johnson would do in UFC 1? That is, if present day DJ was teleported to 1993 to compete in the first UFC.

Obviously mixed martial arts had evolved so far. Royce was able to own everyone because the sport was a bit archaic and other fighters didn't have an understanding of BJJ. Mighty Mouse is well-rounded and is one of the top pound for pound fighters.

With that said, would a 5'3 135 lb Mighty Mouse demolish Ken Shamrock (or for that matter a
Kimo Leopoldo in UFC 3?)

He would get smashed, size matters.

He would get smashed, size matters.

Maybe I'm doing MMA math (which is a cardinal sin) but I'm sure he'd own Royce who was the superior fighter.

He probably wins it. That said, Ken would absolutely demolish and finish him in the rematch.

I'm having a tough time seeing him overcome the size difference but he'd clearly be the most skilled fighter in that event.

I could see MM "bulking up" to 150 or even 155 lbs. Not sure if he would take any PEDs, but considering I don't know if there was any testing for it back then, he could have a good shot at winning based on his skills if he did whatever it took to get bigger.

Size matters - Most all those guys were 6'3 + except for Gracie

How do you guys think Demetrious Johnson would do in UFC 1? That is, if present day DJ was teleported to 1993 to compete in the first UFC.

Obviously mixed martial arts had evolved so far. Royce was able to own everyone because the sport was a bit archaic and other fighters didn't have an understanding of BJJ. Mighty Mouse is well-rounded and is one of the top pound for pound fighters.

With that said, would a 5'3 135 lb Mighty Mouse demolish Ken Shamrock (or for that matter a
Kimo Leopoldo in UFC 3?)
Royce would choke him with his fucking gi.

Kimo Leopoldo in UFC 3?)
He would have absolutely dominated the scene. Size stops mattering that much when you have such a huge skill gap.

Good point, I forgot that they didn't have weight divisions (crazy). He'd still be small regardless, whatever his walking weight is.

CA weighed him at 142lbs when he was fighting at 125lbs so that was almost 14% which is a lot. He would probably be close to 150lbs.

You would favor '93 Royce over him?

It's a big weight, strength and height advantage and the guy actually knew what he was doing in terms of grappling. I see it as very hard for MM to overcome that.

Back