Mighty Mouse is the most skilled fighter of all time.

The main reason I disagree is because he has been fighting lesser competition than all other champs, and had to drop down a class after getting handled by Cruz
DJ is a flyweight. He was fighting up in weight at 135.

The fighter who actually did drop a weight class after getting handled was Dominick Cruz.

Who has he beat that's impressive?

He is the champion of the most irrelevant weigh class ever.

You can not take seriously some tiny tiny dude, regardless of how skilled he is.
Life is unfair, deal with it.

physics is not any different in the beetles case, it just happens that the beetle body is developed differently than that of a human. If humans had stronger bone/muscle structures and exoskeletons and the like Obviously we would be alot stronger. But just because a creature is smaller does not mean that gravity/inertia etc are not working. They're just strong for their size.

Yes the physics is indeed very different. It's basic mathematics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square-cube_law#Biomechanics

A beetle has far larger surface area relative to volume. It experiences the world completely differently from humans: it experiences much more drag, way more surface tension, has much greater relative strength etc.

Human sized insects wouldn't survive unless if you change the earth's atmosphere significantly. They wouldn't be able to breath with their current mechanism because their relative surface area would be significantly reduced due to the aforementioned square-cube law.

Saying that "IF humans had different bone structure" is a completely moot point - we don't, and to do that would involve changing our fundamental biomechanics.

Plus that's a poor comparison because size/strength are not as important in fighting as skill/technique.

Then why isn't Mighty Mouse fighting at higher weight classes against vastly more famous opponents to raise his own stock? Is he not skilled enough?

He's the second most skilled behind Aldo imo.

I think he's easily one of the most complete fighters currently in MMA. He has aggression, but strings technique together that is very low risk to him. And he keeps improving, which I love seeing from a belt holder. The best of all time label is too subjective, all a fighter has to do is be the best of their time, which I think he very well may be overall.

The main reason I disagree is because he has been fighting lesser competition than all other champs, and had to drop down a class after getting handled by Cruz

you mean dillashaw?

and yeah, cruz is a lot bigger than him

I always tell people, if you're a young fighter and you want to emulate a fighter, watch Mighty Mouse, because he does everything right.

If that was true he wouldn't have lost to the champ 10 pounds above him.

I remember back when skilled fighters had so much skills that they could take on the best competition, even heavier. Not saying he should fight Stefan Struve, but y'know, TJ?

By your reasoning TJ shouldn't fight DJ because he isn't heavier than TJ. I'm suprised if you can remember your morning let alone some long lost time that never existed. You're a troll and a shitty one at that.

It's unfortunate that he has the personality of a clipped toe nail and has a very short stature, but literally everything about him is good. I think he absolutely out classes Dodson on Sep 5th.

If my MMA math is correct, would completely out class any fighter in any weight class.

original.gif

(Slightly trolling, but I do believe he is one of the best right now)

That GIF is like street fighter esque victory pose. He is like doing the huricane Kick then raising his arm like Ryu's or Ken Victory pose in SFII

Who has he beat that's impressive?

Benavidez, Dodson? come on frank

the dude is VERY skilled, even his bigger haters should recongize that. He's skilled in every area of MMA. You can say he's a boring midget, but at least concede his skillset is great even if you dont enjoy watching him fight

Nobody can transition from striking, wrestling, clinch to BJJ as well as Mighty Mouse can.

No he's not. When you're that small compared to the average fighter, physics work significantly in your favor due to the square-cube law (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square-cube_law#Biomechanics), and your biomechanics is fundamentally different from normal-sized fighters.

That's why cats can fall 5 stories and land on their feet uninjured. That's why if you look at any "P4P" list of fastest, strongest, highest jumping etc. animals, you'll find that they're dominated by insects, and the gap is ridiculous. That doesn't mean they're better at any thing, it just means that physics work differently for them.

Mites for example, can have an equivalent speed (relative to normal sized human) of 1,300 mph. Are they better runners than cheetahs? No, they're just tiny and the physics for tiny things are way different, that's all.

Mighty Mouse would get destroyed by a bigger guy that "looks" less skilful but is in actuality a much better fighter than he is, just like cats would get destroyed by tigers even though "P4P" their stats are way higher.

In reality, Mighty Mouse is one of, if not the least skilled male champion in the UFC, for the simple fact that every other champion would most likely beat his ass in a fight.

Haha, the effect on him compared to a tall human would be considerably insignificant. Bio-mechanics is applied to exponentially smaller or larger animals.

Comparing a 5 pound cat to a 600 pound tiger is laughably different than comparing two men that might have a 100 pound weight difference.

Also, your evidence is actually talking about making a specific animal bigger, (ie making a dove the size of a rhino would mean it would need to fly significantly faster to maintain itself. It actually cites King Kong in the example, as a Gorilla that size could not support itself and would collapse.

You need to do more homework on this, you have a some misunderstandings on the fundamentals

Imagine if Jon Jones or Fedor was 100 pounds? People would be hailing them as Demigods. Sherdog logic= big is skill-less, small is skillful. MM is great but no where near the most skilled of all time. He has been beat, dominated, had close fights with mediocre competition but somehow the folks drink the kool aid, Rogan propaganda and buy the wolf tickets, hoping that they will come across as smarter and perceptive to a degree that normal fans are not. Sadly, it is all too apparent what their shtick is and repeating propaganda does not turn a falsehood into fact.

MM is very good, great in fact, but falls victim to the same circumstances that Ronda and Anderson did: he is competing in a woefully underdeveloped division, albeit not nearly as bad as Rousey, and as a result we cannot see him pushed to his true potential. As soon as he is able to dominate a fighter like Dom Cruz, then we can start making such bold statements and comparing skill sets to all time greats like Fedor and JBJ, but certainly not before and not with tangible proof that supports the opposite of said claims.

Back