Social Microsoft workers shared dozens of sexual harassment stories on an internal email chain

I own 2000 shares of Microsoft. This is going to hurt. The PC police will team up with the SJWs and DEMAND resignations.

You'll be fine though I would take some profits anyway because it is at highs. Then buy back on dip.

Calling someone a bitch is not sexual harassment.

If you proposition someone for sex, they deny you, and then you retaliate by calling them a bitch, it could very well be sexual harassment depending on the degree to which you badger them.

So no, that's not something i'm going to dismiss offhand if i'm part of Microsoft's HR division.

If you proposition someone for sex, they deny you, and then you retaliate by calling them a bitch, it could very well be sexual harassment depending on the degree to which you badger them.

So no, that's not something i'm going to dismiss offhand if i'm part of Microsoft's HR division.
The proposition lady and the lady who was called a bitch are separate ladies

The proposition lady and the lady who was called a bitch are separate ladies

That was posed as a hypothetical. The point was to say that depending on the context surrounding the incident can determine whether or not it constitutes sexual harassment.

If you fire me with no cause, you're within your rights. If you fire me with "no cause" after I report a widespread incident of corporate wrongdoing, it looks a whole lot like retaliation, and would be worthy of investigation.

No change in your actions, but the circumstances reveal your motivations. That's the point.

That was posed as a hypothetical. The point was to say that depending on the context surrounding the incident can determine whether or not it constitutes sexual harassment.

If you fire me with no cause, you're within your rights. If you fire me with "no cause" after I report a widespread incident of corporate wrongdoing, it looks a whole lot like retaliation, and would be worthy of investigation.

No change in your actions, but the circumstances reveal your motivations. That's the point.
I have friends that work in the tech industry cause I live in Washington. A couple guys as sub contractors for MS, one or two for Facebook, and at least one for Nintendo and another for Google and 3 for Amazon.

The thing they ALL say about working in those environment is they said it feels like the office is a mini version of high schools with cliques and shit and lots of backstabbing.

So, it wouldn't SURPRISE me if someone propositioned someone for sex, got shut down and called the person that shut them down a bitch but it ALSO wouldn't surprise me if the person that was called a bitch did something fucked up and sold someone down the river/threw them under the bus and they were then called a bitch either.

Look at everyone trying to justify this. Disgusting!!

I have friends that work in the tech industry cause I live in Washington. A couple guys as sub contractors for MS, one or two for Facebook, and at least one for Nintendo and another for Google and 3 for Amazon.

The thing they ALL say about working in those environment is they said it feels like the office is a mini version of high schools with cliques and shit and lots of backstabbing.

So, it wouldn't SURPRISE me if someone propositioned someone for sex, got shut down and called the person that shut them down a bitch but it ALSO wouldn't surprise me if the person that was called a bitch did something fucked up and sold someone down the river/threw them under the bus and they were then called a bitch either.

I'm insulated from it largely because my title allows me to dictate to people, but you see it even outside of the large tech organizations.

People don't understand that "IT" as a concept exists as multiple different silos, many of which may be actively antagonistic toward one another. Our devs hate me right now because I ripped them a new one for hardcoding passwords into our applications. Implementing a new solution is going to cost them a lot of manpower, hence their ire.

So I believe it. You get all these different groups with their specialized knowledge, but they can't keep it to themselves because everyone else has a stake in the game too. People feel some kind of way about you "undercutting" them when they have to play ball with your group as well. Thankfully, can't nobody tell me nothing.

I'm insulated from it largely because my title allows me to dictate to people, but you see it even outside of the large tech organizations.

People don't understand that "IT" as a concept exists as multiple different silos, many of which may be actively antagonistic toward one another. Our devs hate me right now because I ripped them a new one for hardcoding passwords into our applications. Implementing a new solution is going to cost them a lot of manpower, hence their ire.

So I believe it. You get all these different groups with their specialized knowledge, but they can't keep it to themselves because everyone else has a stake in the game too. People feel some kind of way about you "undercutting" them when they have to play ball with your group as well. Thankfully, can't nobody tell me nothing.
I think the best example is when you see big video game developing teams blow up and then a bunch of people leave and form their own studio.

Casey Hudson leaving BioWare with a ton of the original DA and ME staff is a big example as is when the guys left Infinity Ward and made Treyarch.

These bitches need to stay home and stop fucking up the works. Raise your damn kids instead of shipping them to daycare everyday. You're not needed in the workforce, men can do everything you can do, much better and more efficiently. Quit playing this game. Serve your family instead of serving a corporation. Leave the real work to the men.

Not a good take brother.

I've worked with plenty of women that would legitimately be able to hack it at the Fortune 10 level, absolutely brilliant. Can't disregard someone's knowledge just because of their gender. You can soak them for that knowledge and then kneecap them when it comes to promotion time, but you can't just disregard it.

<JonesLaugh>

Not sexual, but could be gender based harassment depending on the context. If this employee was in a position of power over women and was shown to be insulting and treating them differently compared to males colleagues simply because women are “bitches” than that’s something a company like Microsoft needs to address.

Interesting how incredibly triggered so many posters got over this “bitch” accusation when they have zero context to what the situation was, how it was used, who used it,
where, and all the other details that make all the difference. Just skipped all that and jumped right to bitching about it.

Not sexual, but could be gender based harassment depending on the context. If this employee was in a position of power over women and was shown to be insulting and treating them differently compared to males colleagues simply because women are “bitches” than that’s something a company like Microsoft needs to address.

Interesting how incredibly triggered so many posters got over this “bitch” accusation when they have zero context to what the situation was, how it was used, who used it,
where, and all the other details that make all the difference. Just skipped all that and jumped right to bitching about it.
"Bitch likes to talk the walk. But if you put a boot on his throat his eyes tear up like a little bitch. And bitches, they give up their buddies. That's what makes them bitches."
--Antwon Mitchell

maxresdefault.jpg

People shouldn't be calling each other nasty names like that regardless if it is sexual harrassment. Not a good work environment.

Back