Social Microsoft workers shared dozens of sexual harassment stories on an internal email chain

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I own Microsoft stock.

Microsoft employees have been sharing stories of sexual harassment and discrimination in an internal email chain that exceeds 90 pages, as first reported by Quartz. Many say that they had brought up initial complaints to HR, but no action was taken. Now that the email chain has taken off, senior human resources employees say they will look into it.

Beginning on March 20th, one employee sent out an inquiry to other women at Microsoft about how to tackle the glass ceiling, and stories about demeaning behavior and sexist comments came pouring out. “This thread has pulled the scab off a festering wound. The collective anger and frustration is palpable. A wide audience is now listening. And you know what? I’m good with that,” one employee wrote in an email response to the chain, as seen by Quartz.

Another Microsoft employee said she had complained to HR about an employee of a partner company who asked her to perform sex acts, but no action was taken. A third woman said she had worked at engineering teams at Windows, Azure, and Xbox and had been called a bitch by other colleagues. She said that other women at Xbox shared that they had also been the target of such demeaning language.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/4/1...exual-harassment-stories-internal-email-chain

MSFT stock is up btw and recently hit 52 week highs.

A third woman said she had worked at engineering teams at Windows, Azure, and Xbox and had been called a bitch by other colleagues.
I guess she doesn't want to say why she was called a bitch.

Big Tim supports the rights of all Americans to express themselves sexually.

Big Tim supports the rights of all Americans to express themselves sexually.
tumblr_odu6ymtSKU1qd4esao1_400.gif

I guess she doesn't want to say why she was called a bitch.
Yeah i cant see why thats allowed into a list about sexual harassment , guess its the #metoo era!
Now if its a case of ' you wont blow me? You bitch !!!!' I understand but otherwise it aint sexual harassment

Looking forward to the Trump Incels bashing women in this thread .

A third woman said she had worked at engineering teams at Windows, Azure, and Xbox and had been called a bitch by other colleagues. She said that other women at Xbox shared that they had also been the target of such demeaning language.
I'd argue it's only demeaning if that only the women on the team were called "bitches".

It's weird that language is used to describe coworkers in an office setting but you go to any manual labor type job or like bar/restaurant job and everyone is called a bitch no matter male, female, something in between as it's a catch-all insult nowadays.

I'd argue it's only demeaning if that only the women on the team were called "bitches".

It's weird that language is used to describe coworkers in an office setting but you go to any manual labor type job or like bar/restaurant job and everyone is called a bitch no matter male, female, something in between as it's a catch-all insult nowadays.
Bitch please.

Bitch please.
Shut up gunt.

See, self censorship.

Part of me wants to tell that third lady whining about being called a bitch to sack up. That shit's tame compared to the stuff we call each other at the bar. Case in point, our Greek ancestry bartender after shift asked our East Indian bouncer (let's call him, Jimmy) to go get him some beer from the walk-in to restock for the next night. Jimmy starts taking his sweet ass time to which the bartender yells some random gibberish and claims it was Greek for "Jimmy, hurry up you mountainous goat fucker". You put that description of an East Indian guy in ANY OTHER context and people would claim the bartender was ripping on him for being an Arab cause white people can't tell the difference between Arabs and like Sheiks.

The amount of times I've been told to go get the "tropical fruit mix and shit cause you're from the Islands" as a joke (everyone knows I'm half Japanese at work) is pretty high up the list too. The door guy was a Ranger and tells another bouncer who was a Marine almost nightly to go eat a box of crayons and suck a Navy boys dick.

Compared to what I see nightly... being called a bitch is damn near polite.

Microsoft employees have been sharing stories of sexual harassment and discrimination in an internal email chain that exceeds 90 pages, as first reported by Quartz. Many say that they had brought up initial complaints to HR, but no action was taken. Now that the email chain has taken off, senior human resources employees say they will look into it.

Beginning on March 20th, one employee sent out an inquiry to other women at Microsoft about how to tackle the glass ceiling, and stories about demeaning behavior and sexist comments came pouring out. “This thread has pulled the scab off a festering wound. The collective anger and frustration is palpable. A wide audience is now listening. And you know what? I’m good with that,” one employee wrote in an email response to the chain, as seen by Quartz.

Another Microsoft employee said she had complained to HR about an employee of a partner company who asked her to perform sex acts, but no action was taken. A third woman said she had worked at engineering teams at Windows, Azure, and Xbox and had been called a bitch by other colleagues. She said that other women at Xbox shared that they had also been the target of such demeaning language.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/4/1...exual-harassment-stories-internal-email-chain

Being called a bitch isn't sexual harassment. I've had women, who were basically trying to bully me, call me an assshole for literally no reason on more than one occasion. Not sexual harassment.. But abusive under certain circumstances.

All I'm going to say is that when the roles reverse women pick people out of the group to treat poorly and harass as well. They aren't any more innocent than guys at work, and they stir the pot in a negative way probably more, on average.. Although guys have adopted that bitch way of existing at work over the last 20 years or so out of necessity, because if they didn't they would have got steamrolled by women's family style politics that they introduced to the work environment. Men behaving like bitches actually bothers me more.

Did they say that to her face or did she hear about it from someone eavesdropping on private(or what they believed to be private) conversations?

I've been to Seminars that mention how many lose their jobs just because SOMEONE overhears them saying something like this away from the workplace (ie a restaurant, club, etc.).

Now while I despise assholes who say shit like this, I am of the belief that once you leave the workplace (after-hours) where you're employed, anything said while not on-the-clock is not HR's business to get involved.

It's one thing if it's said during work-hours (and THAT....I can understand going to HR) but I feel that once your shift ends and you exit the building, you're no longer bound by Company Policy as far as this goes.

That's outrageous! A Microsoft employee was called a bitch???!!!! How can Bill Gates look at himself in the mirror anymore?
<30>

Last edited:
I own 2000 shares of Microsoft. This is going to hurt. The PC police will team up with the SJWs and DEMAND resignations.

. A third woman said she had worked at engineering teams at Windows, Azure, and Xbox and had been called a bitch by other colleagues. She said that other women at Xbox shared that they had also been the target of such demeaning language.

Being called a bitch is not sexual harassment and if she thinks it is, its because she actually is a bitch. Also, demeaning language is not sexual harassment.

Fuck those bitches, the more this shit happens the more I question if "equality" was a good thing or not because those bitches are ruining life all the normal, sane women.

Back