Economy Microsoft Reportedly in Process of Buying TikTok as Trump Administration Mandate Sale

China has successfully export its political system to the US. Making America becoming more and more like China.

"if you can't beat them, join them"
-US government

Lmao we're buying it

Nice thread bro

It should get banned. I mean why not? Failbook and Youtube is banned in China.

So why should western aligned countries tolerate Chinese social media?
This is such a weird argument. You have to copy authoritarian regimes because tit for tat?

It should get banned. I mean why not? Failbook and Youtube is banned in China.

So why should western aligned countries tolerate Chinese social media?
So other countries should ban tik tok because you're a butthurt loser?

I am very excited to hear what the free market capitalist conservatives have to say about this.

Dude wants to strip away all environmental regs, allows business dinners to get tax deductions, but wants to ban a millennial app. lol

TikTok sucks and is evil, but an outright ban is stupid. An actual diplomat would require some sort of oversight of the app or say that the gov wont award contracts to google or apple until they either remove the app from their store or make them change the code.

I think the ban has to do with the fact that it’s owned by a Chinese company and there are hacking and privacy concerns - it’s a national security issue NOT an economic one

I’m going to reframe from passing judgement on if that’s true or not because I don’t have enough information But it’s definitely concerning

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...retly-spying-on-millions-of-iphone-users/amp/

Why help an Authoritarian regime sell more stuff?
Why make other countries becoming more Authoritarian?

I mean you're literally arguing that we should censor tik tok and other apps because China Authoritarian government bad.

I mean you're literally arguing that we should censor tik tok and other apps because China Authoritarian government bad.

I don’t agree with him per say, but there is some logic in what he’s saying

why allow a Chinese media company to get rich in the US when China bans American media companies from making money in their country ?

Yes they are bad and we have already purchased to much of their products.

I think the ban has to do with the fact that it’s owned by a Chinese company and there are hacking and privacy concerns - it’s a national security issue NOT an economic one

I’m going to reframe from passing judgement on if that’s true or not because I don’t have enough information But it’s definitely concerning

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...retly-spying-on-millions-of-iphone-users/amp/
This is old news. And has already been debunked multiple times.

reddit, and tons of others popular apps also copy users clipboard after the ios update. So it's not exclusive to tik tok.

This is old news. And has already been debunked multiple times.

Also reddit, and tons of others popular apps are also copy user clipboard after the ios update. So it's not exclusive to tik tok.

There still is a ton of distrust about the app and it’s origin - We don’t have a lot of information but to dismiss the concerns based on what we know about the Chinese government wouldn’t be smart

just google “tik tok spying” and a ton of shit goes up from reputable sources - don’t care enough to go through them tbh

Right, their government bad but we should also make our government more like them.

the Chinese government is attacking google and YouTube in an effort to suppress free speech and information

Not what’s going on with this app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back