Economy Microsoft Reportedly in Process of Buying TikTok as Trump Administration Mandate Sale

Maybee an open source non profit can make a rival to TikTok?
Difficulty with open source solution is you need the infrastructure to go along with the software example evil empire Facebook spends billions each year building state of the art data centers around the world. Data centers are a massive expense that need to handle the massive amounts of servers and data storage. The only way you maybe able to do it is using ethereum backbone and distributed networking across thousands to hundred of thousand PC's.. Ethereum unlike Bitcoin has an actual programmable API to build social networks or TikTok like photosharing type of functions "Just spit balling" but I know the developer of ethereum specifically said he designed ethereum to build social networks on as well as cryptocurrency and thought that people could pass money or data securely.

Difficulty with open source solution is you need the infrastructure to go along with the software example evil empire Facebook spends billions each year building state of the art data centers around the world. Data centers are a massive expense that need to handle the massive amounts of servers and data storage. The only way you maybe able to do it is using ethereum backbone and distributed networking across thousands to hundred of thousand PC's.. Ethereum unlike Bitcoin has an actual programmable API to build social networks or TikTok like photosharing type of functions "Just spit balling" but I know the developer of ethereum specifically said he designed ethereum to build social networks on as well as cryptocurrency and thought that people could pass money or data securely.

Leasing servers and paying it off with ads ? The TikTok alternative can still be a non-profit.

?
Leasing servers and paying it off with ads ? The TikTok alternative can still be a non-profit.
You do know that advertisers pay for user data to target their ads right? How is that going to be non-profit when you're selling data?

Reactions: lsa
Maybee an open source non profit can make a rival to TikTok?

No one but a mega Corp, or one with a major country’s backing, can afford that much says storage of video with on demand call back

No one but a mega Corp, or one with a major country’s backing, can afford that much says storage of video with on demand call back
It won't work. No country will tolerate that kind of corporation with the backing of a major foreign power. It's the same reason China won't let in Murican social media (FB, Twitter, Instagram) while Murica is now banning TikTok. Personal data is the new oil, and it's way too valuable and dangerous to be concentrated in one hand.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/31/tech/tiktok-trump-bytedance-sale/index.html

President Donald Trump said Friday night that he will ban the popular short-form video app TikTok from operating in the United States, rejecting a potential deal for Microsoft to buy the app from its Chinese-owned parent company.
"As far as TikTok is concerned, we're banning them from the United States," Trump said to reporters while aboard Air Force One.
Trump said he could use emergency economic powers or an executive order. It was not immediately clear what such an order would look like.
"Well, I have that authority," he said.

Luckily I live in Europe and I can express myself freely through choreography and lipsyncing.

I think Indira will ban Tok too.

Or they have banned it already.

Is Mobile legends popular in the USA? Should get banned too.

US military banned it awhile ago, good thing it's being banned.

I think Indira will ban Tok too.

Or they have banned it already.

Is Mobile legends popular in the USA? Should get banned too.
I think most country's will ban it soon except Iran (if they can even get it).

I am very excited to hear what the free market capitalist conservatives have to say about this.

Dude wants to strip away all environmental regs, allows business dinners to get tax deductions, but wants to ban a millennial app. lol

TikTok sucks and is evil, but an outright ban is stupid. An actual diplomat would require some sort of oversight of the app or say that the gov wont award contracts to google or apple until they either remove the app from their store or make them change the code.

Yes, everyone knows. Ffs can't people look at the front page, never mind going to the deep web of the second page?

Yes, everyone knows. Ffs can't people look at the front page, never mind going to the deep web of the second page?
I didn't see it on the front page. I am so very sorry to everyone who expected more of me. I'll do better.

Back