Mickey Gall is a god damn mastermind.

Yes calling out safe fights within his skillset that won't raise eyebrows is genius....

200w.gif

I don't know about being a mastermind, but I enjoy watching him fight. Grappling heavy style always hunting for submissions.
<mma4>

He said he wants to fight at LW and then he called out Hardy. Does he want Hardy to cut to LW for him?

I think that was a bit weird.

Call out a couple more chumps and he is gonna get fast tracked to a title shot.

This guy is making ALL the right moves.

Calls out CM Punk, TAPS HIM. Calls out Sage, TAP TAP TAP.

Let's dispel with this fiction that Mickey Gall doesn't know what he's doing. He knows EXACTLY what he's doing. Mickey Gall is undertaking a systematic effort to take over the UFC, dude is carefully PICKING opponents that people think will make it competitive, but he KNOWS that he can beat, and the UFC brass is being PUPPETED by this well chosen strategy.

Which other fighters get to choose their fights when they yet have no star power. This guy is building a name for himself, he knows EXACTLY what he's doing.

I am not sure I agree with ALL your points...however, let's dispel once and for all with this fiction that Mickey Gall doesn't know what he's doing. He knows EXACTLY what he's doing. Mickey Gall is undertaking a systematic effort to take over the UFC.

I absolutwly dont understand calling out Hardy

He is a known name and a veteran of the sport, who even challenged for a UFC strap. He would be coming off a 5 year hiatus and will obviously not be the same as before. If ever the stars aligned for Gall to beat a UFC vet so soon from his pro debut, now is that time.

Joe Rogan predicted this perfectly when he was talking about Punk in UFC (pre-Gall), that UFC will match him against an up and comer who might be a young, hungry and talented fighter who will use CM Punk to springboard himself into stardom, rather than bowing down to UFC brass and help them push another "personality" into fame

There are two very smart things you can do in MMA. Call out people with big popularity, and get easy fights. He's doing both. He's going to be a big name without ever having a difficult fight, and then he'll be right in the title mix.

Advertising for Gracie BJJ one post fight interview at a time.

Seems like he thinks in short term and long term goals. I respect that he is realistic in his abilities, saying that in 2 years he could be LW championship material.

He's green and he knows it. That shows good self awareness for his age. He got to the UFC quicker than he would have because of the Punk fight, and he is interested in longevity, not burning out quick. This is how stars are developed. You don't throw them to the wolves.

I can't believe some of you expect him to call out the top of the division, but then again this is Sherdog, so maybe I should believe it.

lol you guys are pro wrestling fans who hate the pro wrestling.

If he truly believed in his abilities he would want to fight ranked fighters. Instead he calls out 38 year olds with 0 professional fights and 34 years olds who haven't fought since 2012 and would need to come out of retirement to fight him.
Sage was the first person Gall fought with any wins or professional MMA experience. He's nowhere near fighting ranked opponents at this point in his career, and to call one out would be ridiculous.

I'm a fan of Gall taking the ball and running with it. He's one of the few guys that has a plan every post fight and it's getting him places. He's also not unrealistically calling out guys above his level. He's picking guys he can use as stepping stones.

Every MMA fighter with a bit of skill should be doing exactly what Gall is doing.

At the very least he's orchestrated the UFC to make him into a main card name.

I think he should start at the bottom now. Put him on main cards against the low level vets, failed TUFers, guys on losing streaks, etc. Have him hopefully tap the lower end out of the UFC, go on a long undefeated streak.

Back