Media Michelle Waterson and Marina Rodriguez shares a photo after their fight at UFC Vegas 26

I really like the idea of Joanna vs Marina. Should be a great stand up war.

Reactions: Gio
Waterson made her look like she had a stroke.

whats funny is how much that picture was photoshopped. I don't think its possible to stop or even reduce the swelling of hematoma that quickly especially given the fact it was on her jaw and they didn't allow her to even conduct an interview because of that

Winner of Yan Xiaonan Vs Esparza

Both are ahead of her I'm the rankings

Or Gadelha?

Waterson was way too small, either way. She should try to transition into some sort of commentary role.

Or maybe just stick to her weight class?
She's obviously a great fighter, while I have no reason to believe she'd be a good commentator.

At the Post.

Waterson isn't even fighting to win anymore. Showing up for a paycheck and having a good time.

Waterson is tough as nails. She's a 105 pound figher who took shots from a big 115 pound and never quit. Imagine Usman take Adesanya's shots for 5 rounds. Or Jan taking Francis shots for 5 rounds and never folding. Okay Rodgriguez is not that big a puncher but you get what I mean.

Her ground game isn't ready for Weili.
Has Weili really displayed a better ground game than Waterson has? Imo Waterson is the much better BJJ practitioner, although Weili probably had better takedowns.

They had a good fight despite of it being on short notice. Nothing but respect.

Who should be their next opponents?

She got the same thing as Dan Hooker

Attachments

• hookercheek.png
    hookercheek.png
    367.3 KB · Views: 3
Someone want to remind Michelle she lost? I like her as a fighter but she's oddly content in defeat.

Waterson isn't even fighting to win anymore. Showing up for a paycheck and having a good time.

Yeah? Fighters who show up for a paycheck don't endure a manhandling over several rounds and then commit to finding the KO late. Rodriguez was punishing Waterson for the first three rounds. If Waterson was only there to get paid, she could have found a way out easily. Instead, Waterson won the fourth via grappling, then landed heavy shots in the fifth that hurt Rodriguez to the body and caused her jaw to swell up.

Waterson was definitely going for the win. She just isn't good enough. Her problem is really poor boxing and being undersized. She can get through the bottom of the top ten with grappling and kicks, but the top girls are always going to beat her.

Back