Michael Ping RESPONDS - Calls Tim Sylvia 'Unathletic Weird Looking Motherf*cker'

His fight with randy was awesome. A fight i wanted to see for ages.

Agree...

While some think it’s cliche, I guess the word would be, to want certain matchups with Randy...

But I always thought it would be a solid fight... kinda wish it happened a little sooner.. but it was a very very good HW fight, even with them both a little bit past their primes..

Always thought Randy vs Kharitonov would have been an interesting matchup...

Also, wanted to see Nog vs Kharitonov II once Sergei had a bit more mma experience...

Agree...

While some think it’s cliche, I guess the word would be, to want certain matchups with Randy...

But I always thought it would be a solid fight... kinda wish it happened a little sooner.. but it was a very very good HW fight, even with them both a little bit past their primes..

Always thought Randy vs Kharitonov would have been an interesting matchup...

Also, wanted to see Nog vs Kharitonov II once Sergei had a bit more mma experience...

Sooner would’ve better but at the same it was still cool to see two aged legends fight after they’d both accomplished so much in the sport. Younger versions would’ve been awesome but they both still had enough left to put on a solid fight. I always thought Fedors hands would be too much for Randy and CroCop would’ve probably starched him stylistically but Nog was someone that I felt matched up better with randy in a way that allow both to showcase their skillset. Glad it happened in the ufc because I think it would’ve been even more lopsided for Nog in a Pride ring.

Sooner would’ve better but at the same it was still cool to see two aged legends fight after they’d both accomplished so much in the sport. Younger versions would’ve been awesome but they both still had enough left to put on a solid fight. I always thought Fedors hands would be too much for Randy and CroCop would’ve probably starched him stylistically but Nog was someone that I felt matched up better with randy in a way that allow both to showcase their skillset. Glad it happened in the ufc because I think it would’ve been even more lopsided for Nog in a Pride ring.

It was the proper way for two old legends to draw down their careers.

Too bad Nog kept fighting after though :(

Tim Sylvia was basically a knuckle dragging ogre who benefited from an immature era of this sport. I doubt anybody in that class would survive in today’s class. The sport is way more refined now. I really appreciate how much it’s evolved. I know this sounds disrespectful but when I watch fights during predevelopment it’s hard not to smirk does anyone agree.

Anyways I’m surprised Bisping seemed to take way more umbrage to his comments than they really deserved. Sylvia was freakish but that didn’t hide the fact the guy has the fighting style of a Pez dispenser toy. I would be very disappointed to learn Tim Sylvia ever got inducted in the HoF.

He was a circus freak show and that’s how he was marketed.

What a comically bad post, especially in the age of the current, laughably old and washed up HW division.

It was the proper way for two old legends to draw down their careers.

Too bad Nog kept fighting after though :(

It would’ve been the perfect swan song for both. Both legends of their respective leagues.

Tim Sylvia was basically a knuckle dragging ogre who benefited from an immature era of this sport. I doubt anybody in that class would survive in today’s class. The sport is way more refined now. I really appreciate how much it’s evolved. I know this sounds disrespectful but when I watch fights during predevelopment it’s hard not to smirk does anyone agree.

Anyways I’m surprised Bisping seemed to take way more umbrage to his comments than they really deserved. Sylvia was freakish but that didn’t hide the fact the guy has the fighting style of a Pez dispenser toy. I would be very disappointed to learn Tim Sylvia ever got inducted in the HoF.

He was a circus freak show and that’s how he was marketed.

Tim was a deserving and justified UFC champion and proved it after his title days were done. Brandon Vera was murdering everyone and had nothing for Timmy. Was beating the breaks off of Nog until getting subbed. Arlovski was likely a top 3 HW when Timmy finished him to regain the title. Outclassed him again in a rematch. That’s not even touching on his wins prior. His size, TDD and striking ability would’ve been problematic for a lot of top HWs today. He wasn’t very flashy but he was affective with what he had.

You either weren’t watching then or didn’t comprehend what you were watching.

Tim was a deserving and justified UFC champion and proved it after his title days were done. Brandon Vera was murdering everyone and had nothing for Timmy. Was beating the breaks off of Nog until getting subbed. Arlovski was likely a top 3 HW when Timmy finished him to regain the title. Outclassed him again in a rematch. That’s not even touching on his wins prior. His size, TDD and striking ability would’ve been problematic for a lot of top HWs today. He wasn’t very flashy but he was affective with what he had.

You either weren’t watching then or didn’t comprehend what you were watching.

See my sig. The new Breed argument in terms of HW has been disproved so many times its laughable. You get the same every 5 year cycle, but this time around its worse than EVER. You don't even have a sprinkle of really good new fighters (like say Cain or JDS) and the old guard, be they PRIDE or UFC are truly ancient at this point and finally have fallen out of the top 10 despite lingering on for an absurd time.

Stipe beats a bunch of guys pushing their late 30s and suddenly he is GOAT lmao.

Tim also owned Ricco, who was very good at the time.

According to wikipedia Miletich is in the HOF though.

I'm pretty sure Tim as it stands is still the most dominant UFC HW champion in history. Tim is right to a degree, but Bisping changed the game a bit more for UFC being the first British champion and star. His fights & career were much more memorable.
The dude fought like 10 times in the UFC and majority of them were against arlovski.

The dude fought like 10 times in the UFC and majority of them were against arlovski.

Arlovski was a top 5 if not 3 HW at the time of the first Timmy fight. It’s a compliment to own two victories over him. 10 fights in the ufc because he didn’t get along with Dana. Not the first fighter to dip early because the Koolaid man didn’t like him.

Tim deserves to be in the HOF based on he went way farther than anyone else would have with similar talent.
Timmeh also has more title defenses than Bisping
<BC1>

<28>

yeah Sylvia getting lucky asf against Arlovski back when the division was absolute garbage makes him the UFC's greatest champion lmfao
only a moron like you would call Timmah the greatest ufc champ. We just stated that he had a better career than bisping because he got gold twice and defended twice in his second run. Bisping did not. Its not even debatable.

only a moron like you would call Timmah the greatest ufc champ. We just stated that he had a better career than bisping because he got gold twice and defended twice in his second run. Bisping did not. Its not even debatable.
Sylvia is one of the best UFC HW champions of all time.

woah goober taylor no need to resort to name calling over a little sarcasm

either way the point is that not all belts are created equal, Bisping toppled the undisputed #1 MW in the world to get his strap while neither Arlovski nor Sylvia were top 3 HWs

and a career encompasses not just the highest of highs but the lowest of lows

tim-sylvia-in-a-wheelchair.jpg

Ping was shot dead on Magnum PI on the season finale. Why does he get so many more acting roles than other UFC fighters?

Back