• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Michael Myers vs Jason Voorhees

Who is the best Slasher Movie Big Bad?

• Total voters
I don't quite follow all their stories. I was under the assumption Michael Myers is a human being that can't feel and Jason has R word strength. I am actually not sure if they are supernatural or not.

Best Slasher

Freddie Krueger...Hold my beer

Freddy_Krueger_(Robert_Englund).jpg

A topic near and dear to my heart, but ultimately I must refrain from voting.

Halloween only had one legitimately great film, the original. But it is without a doubt the greatest slasher film of all time.

No single film in the Friday franchise can stack up to the original Halloween, but the franchise itself was remarkably consistent in quality for the first 7 films.

Michael Myers was throughly humiliated and embarrassed in the Halloween sequels in a way that Jason never was. The Jason character grew and became more powerful as the films progressed. The Shape, Michael Myers, was deconstructed more and more with each subsequent film, becoming a lesser and lesser being.

Taken at their peaks, Michael Myers is the undisputed champion of the slasher universe. In totality, Jason reigns supreme.

I wish there would be some backstory to why michael myers is so tough.

Was he pushin' them big-ass weights in the mental institution?

Is it just retard strength?

I get him being super aggressive, and that answers for some of his power. But, c'mon, I just watched Rob Zombie remake and he was pretty much super-naturally strong in it.
No. Jesus. This is everything wrong with modern audiences and modern filmmaking. And everything wrong with every Halloween sequel that followed.

Michael Myers was pure evil. The boogeyman. There was nothing more, nothing deeper. There was no tragedy, no trauma. Just a pure personification and manifestation of evil, evil for its own sake.

Poll question is "best." That's Michael Myers. Over Freddy, Jason, anyone. This is Daniel Day-Lewis vs Al Pacino.

No. Jesus. This is everything wrong with modern audiences and modern filmmaking. And everything wrong with every Halloween sequel that followed.

Michael Myers was pure evil. The boogeyman. There was nothing more, nothing deeper. There was no tragedy, no trauma. Just a pure personification and manifestation of evil, evil for its own sake.
It's the thing I appreciate the most about the character: the ambiguity.

Is there anything supernatural going on? Is he a murderous autistic savant? What's going on there?

I liked the Rob Zombie remakes but his dive into Michael being from a dysfunctional background was unnecessary and took away some of that element just like the Thorne thing from the original sequels.

friday-the-13th-the-game-uber-jason-x-19fei6j897.png

Michael has the only good slasher film out of the two. Jason has a lot of shitty movies and more super powers.

Also what was Jason doing before the first Friday the 13th? Just hiding in the lake? The entire series could have been avoided if he had just gone back to his mom. She turned into a homicidal maniac because she thought he was dead and then he turned into a homicidal maniac because she got killed. You'd think if he cared about her that much he would have paid her a visit at least between his "drowning" and her death.

Nah, man. Nothing wrong with asking questions as to the hows and whys.

You are alluding to him being super-naturally strong and that's fine.

But really he's just a man and there are plenty of purely evil men that would get their shit pushed in by good men.

Nah, man. Nothing wrong with asking questions as to the hows and whys.

You are alluding to him being super-naturally strong and that's fine.

But really he's just a man and there are plenty of purely evil men that would get their shit pushed in by good men.
I’m not alluding to anything. I am summarizing the character as he appeared in the original film. None of the sequels were written or directed by Carpenter, who said he never planned for a sequel and that there never should have been a sequel.

He didn’t see Myers as a man, but as a force of nature, evil personified. That’s the character. Creating a backstory for Myers is like creating a backstory for the wind.

Now obviously, If either one is the “Supernatural” version and the other is not, the supernatural version will always win. So for the sake of argument we are going with a level playing field.

As mortal humans in the early films, Michael wins. Both had crazy strength, but Michael always lurked in the dark, and used stealth to rack up his body count. Jason, he just kinda pursued and used his brute force to stack the bodies. Wouldn’t be hard to imagine Michael lurking behind Jason and come from the shadows to run a knife through his neck before Jason even realizes what happens. Even if this tactic doesn’t quite work, Michael is strong enough to handle his own against a mortal Jason Vorhees. Michael fights smart, Jason is not smart.

As super natural monsters….this one is tricky. We have to consider that both are Zombies. If they are both Zombies, then the conventional manner of killing would be to destroy the head. So again, despite Jasons advantage of size and strength, all Michael has to do is cut his head off. With the advantage of stealth and a more intelligent fighting style, I see Michael sneaking up on Jason with an axe, and using his own brand of super strength to cut Jason’s head off from the cover of darkness with an axe. If Michael doesn’t kill Jason on the first swing, he’s in for a long night because now Jason has every advantage.

Point being, in a head to head cage match Jason takes it. In a real scenario where Michael has perfected the art of being a Boogeyman, he takes it.

Now obviously, If either one is the “Supernatural” version and the other is not, the supernatural version will always win. So for the sake of argument we are going with a level playing field.

As mortal humans in the early films, Michael wins. Both had crazy strength, but Michael always lurked in the dark, and used stealth to rack up his body count. Jason, he just kinda pursued and used his brute force to stack the bodies. Wouldn’t be hard to imagine Michael lurking behind Jason and come from the shadows to run a knife through his neck before Jason even realizes what happens. Even if this tactic doesn’t quite work, Michael is strong enough to handle his own against a mortal Jason Vorhees. Michael fights smart, Jason is not smart.

As super natural monsters….this one is tricky. We have to consider that both are Zombies. If they are both Zombies, then the conventional manner of killing would be to destroy the head. So again, despite Jasons advantage of size and strength, all Michael has to do is cut his head off. With the advantage of stealth and a more intelligent fighting style, I see Michael sneaking up on Jason with an axe, and using his own brand of super strength to cut Jason’s head off from the cover of darkness with an axe. If Michael doesn’t kill Jason on the first swing, he’s in for a long night because now Jason has every advantage.

Point being, in a head to head cage match Jason takes it. In a real scenario where Michael has perfected the art of being a Boogeyman, he takes it.

<mma4>

In a fight? Jason no doubt unless its at a water park then Michael may get the upset.

Movie wise? Jason 100%. Halloween 1 is the greatest slasher horror movie ever but after that F13 4,3,2 are right behind it.

In a fight? Jason no doubt unless its at a water park then Michael may get the upset.

Movie wise? Jason 100%. Halloween 1 is the greatest slasher horror movie ever but after that F13 4,3,2 are right behind it.

Sea Level Michael makes Jason tap to strikes;)

Back