Michael Myers Returns in ‘Halloween Kills’ Trailer

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Sickness1, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Sickness1 Sickness Belt

[​IMG]
    Blumhouse/YouTube
    Laurie Strode, the teen-babysitter-turned-avenging-grandmother portrayed by Jamie Lee Curtis, is back with a vengeance in “Halloween Kills,” the latest sequel in the slasher franchise.

In a new clip released Thursday, Strode is seen battling Michael Myers as her family is forced to confront the psychotic and murderous masked serial killer yet again. John Carpenter’s original 1978 movie introduced audiences to Michael Myers, a lethal mental patient who wrecks havoc on the fictional town of Haddonfield, Ill., after escaping from prison on Halloween night.

“Next Halloween, when the sun sets and someone is alone, he kills,” Strode ominously says over footage of Michael picking up his infamous white mask.
    Halloween Kills” picks up following the events of 2018’s “Halloween,” which saw Laurie dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder 40 years after surviving Michael Myers’ original murder spree. “Halloween,” the 11th movie in the franchise, was a huge box office hit in 2018, earning $255 million globally and solidifying its place as the highest-grossing installment in the series. The movie also ranks as the highest-grossing slasher film, not adjusted for inflation. The franchise has collectively generated $640 million in worldwide ticket sales.

David Gordon Green directed “Halloween Kills,” having previously directed “Halloween.” Nick Castle is returning as Michael Myers, while Judy Greer, Andi Matichak, Kyle Richards, Nancy Stephens and Charles Cyphers are reprising their roles from previous franchise entries. Anthony Michael Hall and Robert Longstreet are joining the cast.“Halloween Kills” is slated to release in theaters Oct. 15, 2021. A direct follow-up, “Halloween Ends,” is scheduled to debut a year later on Oct. 14, 2022.
    What are your thoughts on the 2018 version of Halloween too

2. Rocco Siffredi Yellow Card Yellow Card

OMG there are some ugly ass motherfuckers in this movie....

Sickness1 likes this.
  3. Sickness1 Sickness Belt

jamie was hot back in the day though

Lovestorm and Rocco Siffredi like this.
  4. Heart Break Kid Brown Belt Platinum Member

Looks like Michael will kill a lot of dudes then lose to women again. I'll watch but will probably not enjoy it

Sickness1 likes this.
  5. FléauDeDieu Le Parrain

Is that Captain Kirk mask wearing Psycho still killing people?

6. Sickness1 Sickness Belt

They wouldn't allow him back on the star ship enterprise and he still upset.

FléauDeDieu likes this.
  7. Rocco Siffredi Yellow Card Yellow Card

if a dude killed him he would be very homosexual

8. zapataxiv Red Belt

I am hyped always down for a slasher and halloween is my favorite franchise.
    18 was not my fav and i havent had a hankering for a rewatch, but i love that the series will have big budgets a stable team and writing staff that cares for the lore behind it. So, i will be making body ready for it and hoping for the bests

dogboy and Sickness1 like this.
  9. Mike RIP Frankie

10. loyalyolayal Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

11. Philo-Publius Gold Belt

I don't like the mask they use now that has clearly artificial aging. The original mask was creepier.

Confucamus, Kal-El, Badger67 and 2 others like this.
  12. Sickness1 Sickness Belt

I agree

Philo-Publius likes this.
  13. Sickness1 Sickness Belt

so That's a Nah?

14. Mike RIP Frankie

It's gonna be a no for me dog

Sickness1 likes this.
  15. RedFoxOne Green Belt

Originally they were going to have Donald Pleasence’s character get killed. And I thought, ‘That’s a mistake. The audience won’t like that. That’s a revision I don’t think we should do.’ So that was my one big contribution… I thought the fans are gonna get pissed off at that. - John Carpenter on David Gordon Green changing the original ending of H'78 before Carpenter intervened.

David Gordon Green, ladies and gentleman. Hack personified. H'18 was shit and so too will this film be.

*triggered*

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    DiarrheaPerlmans and Plissken like this.
  16. Lights Out 101 Brown Belt

I watched Halloween (2018) the other night and was pleasantly surprised, so I’ll definitely check this one out.

dogboy and Sickness1 like this.
  17. Brofessor Blue Belt

Come on, man...they death trapped his ass pretty good in the last movie. There was no way of getting out.

18. UberKneeOf209 Brown Belt

the last one wasnt bad, but man....come on. it didnt need to go on.

I thought it was gonna go the grand daughter would then turn into the killer...but no. hes back...again...after getting burnt the fuck alive in a burning house. trapped in a basement.

19. Plissken Gold Belt

"He always returns from the grave. If they blew him up, put his head in a blender and mailed the rest of him to Norway, he would still return from the grave!"

Anyway I saw the previous teaser a couple of months back and these barely expand on that, at least the cinematography is better in these without that omnipresent amber lighting that H:40 had.

20. Plissken Gold Belt

Dr. Loomis stopped him in 1, 2, and 5, a firing squad of men in 4, Paul Rudd as Tommy in 6, and then you have the firing squad in RZH2, and Busta Rhymes helped in Resurrection (I think getting the final attack in). A girl may be the main survivor but it's usually a guy that ends up stopping him (albeit temporarily); only in H:20 and H:40 was he stopped by the girl, in the others he was just softened up by them or was caught chasing them. It's the Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street movies where the girl usually gets the final attack in (and even then in Friday the 13 IV, V, VI, and the remake a male was the hero, and a co-hero in Jason Goes to Hell).