Michael Myers Returns in ‘Halloween Kills’ Trailer

• Thread starter Deleted member 579584
  • Start date
Dr. Loomis stopped him in 1, 2, and 5, a firing squad of men in 4, Paul Rudd as Tommy in 6, and then you have the firing squad in RZH2, and Busta Rhymes helped in Resurrection (I think getting the final attack in). A girl may be the main survivor but it's usually a guy that ends up stopping him (albeit temporarily); only in H:20 and H:40 was he stopped by the girl, in the others he was just softened up by them or was caught chasing them. It's the Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street movies where the girl usually gets the final attack in (and even then in Friday the 13 IV, V, VI, and the remake a male was the hero, and a co-hero in Jason Goes to Hell).

I was talking about the last film that came out Halloween (2018)

Err, yeah, all this promotional hype for a film delayed a year.

See you again in 11 months.

Halloween 2018 was about as good as one could expect it to be; a good nostalgia ride but couldn't possibly capture the authenticity of the original series.

Great to see JLC, though

Dr. Loomis stopped him in 1, 2, and 5, a firing squad of men in 4, Paul Rudd as Tommy in 6, and then you have the firing squad in RZH2, and Busta Rhymes helped in Resurrection (I think getting the final attack in). A girl may be the main survivor but it's usually a guy that ends up stopping him (albeit temporarily); only in H:20 and H:40 was he stopped by the girl, in the others he was just softened up by them or was caught chasing them. It's the Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street movies where the girl usually gets the final attack in (and even then in Friday the 13 IV, V, VI, and the remake a male was the hero, and a co-hero in Jason Goes to Hell).
Looks like this one will be regurgitating Michael as a bullet proof Jason. Wouldn't be the first time

Err, yeah, all this promotional hype for a film delayed a year.

See you again in 11 months.

Halloween 2018 was about as good as one could expect it to be; a good nostalgia ride but couldn't possibly capture the authenticity of the original series.

Great to see JLC, though
I am surprised by other's reaction to the 2018 picture ITT.

I found it very mediocre.

Beware it shows alot but apparently this movie is loaded.

tenor.gif

Most definitely in for this. Liked the callback of Laurie being in the hospital like Halloween 2.

Just saw the new trailer. I mean it doesn't really look like a Halloween movie, but it looks better than H:40 and is doing something a bit different (minus the good 'ol boys hunting The Shape on the streets in Halloween 4, the police trying to ambush him in 5, and the townspeople trashing the Myers house in 2; well...this one has it happen throughout the whole film).

Jesus Christ this looks awful. As a huge Halloween fan I am disgusted. I never thought it a million years I would say this but I would gladly accept Rob Zombie back over this absolute dogshit we're getting.

Looks like this one will be regurgitating Michael as a bullet proof Jason. Wouldn't be the first time
He's never been just a dude in a costume, like the Scream killers. He's always had a hint of supernatural mystique to him. And I happened to like it when he became more unstoppable in the later films.

I am surprised by other's reaction to the 2018 picture ITT.

I found it very mediocre.

I agree with you there. I didn't just find it mediocre, I found it to be straight up trash. And this new one looks just as bad.

The only thing worthwhile from all of this is new John Carpenter music.

Otherwise, this should be relegated to Sharknado status were it not for the name recognition of the franchise and main baddie.

Looks fine for a modern horror movie. At least they got the mask right. Still, they gave away too much in the trailer.

Looks like it will have that nurse from the first one.

Fills hackey to keep replaying the ebst moments from a 40 yo film.

c46d42c2945e7864218890b68e5073fc.jpg

"The more he kills, the more he transcends" reminds me of Red Dragon and Dolarhyde's attempt to become the Dragon of Revelation by murdering whole families.

I agree as well. But still love me some Michael Myers and will see it opening day. I didn't dislike the last one but some of parts annoyed me. For example when the babysitter checked the closet for the little kid and Myers busted out and kid was like "Oh Shit!" Any kid that saw that would be paralyzed with fear imo. But I'm hoping the new one is better.
At 3:30 just cheesy and pisses me off for some reason.

My first impression of the trailer was 'Woah, this looks pretty good' but then I realized Hollywood employs the best marketers in the world that know how to make awesome trailers for shitty movies.

This would be the 10th Halloween movie, right? Or 11th? And the 6th one with Jamie Lee Curtis?

When has there ever been a movie series that goes for this long, over 4 decades now, and makes a sequel anywhere close to being as good as the original or even be decent?

For me, my canon Halloween movies are the original, Halloween 2, and H20 with Michael dying at the end.

Back