Michael Kuiper and bad luck

Raziel82

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just wanted to check who he was facing next. His last fight was in August. This is what his WIKI said:
Kuiper faced Jared Hamman on August 11, 2012 at UFC 150. Kuiper defeated Hamman via second round TKO.
Kuiper was expected to face Thiago Perpetuo on January 19, 2013 at UFC on FX 7. However, Perpetuo suffered a injury and was replaced by Caio Magalhaes. On December 27, it was announced that Magalhaes had also pulled out of the bout and the Kuiper would be shifted to UFC on Fox 6 on January 26, 2013 to face Buddy Roberts. It was then announced on January 8 that Roberts was forced out of the bout with an illness.

Three fights cancelled in a row. How is that for bad luck? :icon_evil

That's pretty disappointing - was looking forward to his next fight. His kickboxing is decent, Hamman can take quite a shot, although he's been ko'd in 3 of his ufc losses

That's pretty disappointing - was looking forward to his next fight. His kickboxing is decent, Hamman can take quite a shot, although he's been ko'd in 3 of his ufc losses

His striking is not what you'd expect from a Dutchman, it'll be exposed soon.

But that's okay since he comes from a judo background.

His striking is not what you'd expect from a Dutchman, it'll be exposed soon.

But that's okay since he comes from a judo background.

yeah it's not great but it's decent though. He lost his debut so maybe he was fighting a bit more carefully when he fought Hamman, for all we know he's improved since then

his fight with Hamman was disgusting, they way Jared was falling around becasue of leg injury, and he's too tough to just go down, it was like watching a car crash.

yeah it's not great but it's decent though. He lost his debut so maybe he was fighting a bit more carefully when he fought Hamman, for all we know he's improved since then

He did manage to rock Natal pretty good though. Seems like he has decent power but technique wise he looks pretty rudimentary to me.

Theyll find a replacement for roberts....maybe a sf guy who would have been left aside will get his chance

Last edited:
oh my God POOR Kuiper, he was scratched today from UFC on FOX 6 because Janousek is out with injury!

Fourth opponent in a row that is injured for him!

-He was supposed to fight a brazilian guy on FX7, dont remember who...and this guy was injured and replaced by Caio Maghales I think

-Maghales also injured himself, and Kuiper was removed from FX7 and scheduled to fight Robert on FOX6

-Roberts injured, out of FOX6, replaced by Janousek

-Janousek OUT! Injured too, both fighters scratched from FOX6

I hope they still give Kuiper his fighter's pay!

Back