Michael Johnson vs. Gleison Tibau @ UFC 168

Does Tibau actually have a fan base?

I wouldn't say he's disliked. He actually seems like a really nice guy from the interviews I've seen. I think people just know how his fights will go and they're not the best. He's just pretty vanilla. So fan base? ehh not really, but I would NOT say he's disliked in anyways.

Last edited:
Tibau is huge and Johnson has god awful tdd for someone who has a wrestling background. I see it going same way as Tibau's last fight.

Crazy how he immediately went for TDs and top control on TUF to being a striker.

Not bad. You could argue that Tibau could be on an 8-fight winning streak with some of his losses being controversial (some of his wins as well).

He's also likely the most active fighter in the UFC.

Does Tibau actually have a fan base?

What do you care if someone has fans? Are you just butthurt that nobody gives a crap about you? xD

Here's a real question, shouldn't even the lowliest fighter at least have a fan?

Tibau is gonna have 30+ UFC fights by the time his career is over.

Every time he loses he'll get a lay up on the Prelims of some Brazilian card against some guy the UFC wants to get rid of.

I like the guy though hes the perfect gate keeper.

I think even Tibau at his absolute worst would have a hard time getting Johnson to engage in a not wacky fight. Dude is just a magnet for "WTF?" type performances.

Eh, I don't really mind some Tibau fights that much. I feel like if he was a little bit sharper/more accurate standing and a little more active on the ground he could put on some really good fights and perform better but I suppose you can say that for a lot of fighters. Tibau just seems to miss so many punches.

I like watching Johnson fight though. He's become a pretty good kickboxer since TUF.

Michael Johnson is hot right now I think he's gonna finish tibau in the first. His speed is going to catch tibau off guard I think

I hope Johnson lands something early. Otherwise this is gonna be a long and frustrating bout.

Honestly an easy fight for Tibau IMO. Johnson was consistently taken down and controlled by Roller, who had a better pedigree than Tibau, but never really showed it in the cage. Tibau is obviously strong as a bull and explosive as hell. I think Tibau gets him down early and often for a UD

I wouldn't say he's disliked. He actually seems like a really nice guy from the interviews I've seen. I think people just know how his fights will go and they're not the best. He's just pretty vanilla. So fan base? ehh not really, but I would NOT say he's disliked in anyways.

Yeah I think the only people who really dislike Tibau are guys who oppose big weight cuts. The rest of him find him dull and think he's kind of getting by using the least amount of his actual abilities. Kind of like Danny Castillo.

Ill go with johnson ..his striking is better he might stun tibau and latch on something

Wow, full on Tibau hatred in that thread.

Johnson is so inconsistent it's ridiculous. I think Tibau may take it.

He's not inconsistent at all. All his UFC fights have played out the same.

Fight stays standing = Johnson wins
Fight goes to the ground = Johnson loses

Back