Michael Johnson landed a good punch on Khabib

Raging Al hit him a few times as well. It is not really how much he has been hit. It is the bad striking his shows along with the lackluster level of competition faced. Conor is another level. Especially on the feet.
lackluster level of competition? btw is dennis siver available?

Rogan's commentary was shit in that fight. Khabib was piecing Iaquinta up with his jab and showing good hand speed and movement, yet Rogan never acknowledged any of the positive things that he was doing. If he were really as terrible as everybody is making out, then Iaquinta, who is regarded to be a competent boxer, would have been able to do something.

Most guys in the sport have serious flaws in their stand up games. I've never heard anybody get nitpicked to that degree when they were actually dominating the stand up portion of a fight.

And RE his wrestling in that fight, the stats basically mirrored his career average.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fighter-details/032cc3922d871c7f

Khabib doesn't have a 90%+ TD rate. His career TD accuracy is below 50%. He often gets stuffed on the first attempt but continues chain wrestling until he can get the TD. In a lot of instances, he doesn't even care about completing the TD because he can beat guys up and wear on them once he has control on the fence.

No shit he's not GSP. He's a completely different fighter with a much more diverse TD game, and he cares more about getting a hold of his opponent than positional control on the ground.
Rogan came into that fight with one goal. To make khabibs standup look as bad as possible in order to build the conor fight. He has a form of this where he goes in with an agenda into a fight and never adjust to whats really happening and keep ramming his point. Most people when they keep hearing same thing over and over.....they will eventually believe it
Watched the fight in a bar.... couldn't hear rogan... striking was truly laughably bad in that fight.

Mj's boxing was laughably bad in the fight with Khabib and Khabib's was way worse than his.

The guys striking is not good by any stretch. Conor is a better grappler, IMO, than Khabib is a striker.

That why he's a professional fighter that gasses in the second round. 4 in boxing. He'll becoming into this fight with a 2 year lay off.

The last fighter I saw that came in from a long layoff was viciously KO'd and ended up in the hospital needing surgery.
I don't think conor is going to fair too well but gsp came back after 4 years and beat someone who was fairly active. Cruz came back after a long lay off. It can be done.

Holy shit TS thank you, didn't notice that.

No, he didn’t. He connected sure, but the vast majority were glancing punches that Khabib rolled or slipped. Watch the slow-mo.

Against inferior fighters. Step the level up and lets see. Tony was going to beat him IMO. I also like Lee to beat him if he makes the weight comfortably. Beating Al for the belt? Come on..

Conor's a great fighter and the best fighter khabib will fight. I'm not arguing that.

Khabib's perfect record isn't as shit as people make it out to be, though, and going through the guys he went through without being in much trouble at all is very impressive.

I don't think conor is going to fair too well but gsp came back after 4 years and beat someone who was fairly active. Cruz came back after a long lay off. It can be done.
GSP and Cruz have fought championship rounds, and won, many times before they made their return. In terms of cardio they are different animals than McGregor.

The one time we saw McGregor in a 5 round fight he turned his back and ran to burn time off the clock.

GSP and Cruz have fought championship rounds, and won, many times before they made their return. In terms of cardio they are different animals than McGregor.

The one time we saw McGregor in a 5 round fight he turned his back and ran to burn time off the clock.
Like I said, I don't think conor is going to fair too well at all. Taking 2 years off from the most competitive division in the sport while at the same time showcasing poor cardio in each of his last few fights is not a smart decision at all. Especially when you factor in Khabib has a seemingly limitless gas tank AND has been more active than he ever has been in the UFC. Khabib is in the best shape of his career and connor is coming in off a 2 year couch break. The other question about this fight is how does conor even match up as a LW? All we've seen of him is his alvarez fight and a gatekeeper at 170. We all know Eddie is elite but he's not at the level of dominance that Khabib has shown us time and time again.

I think khabib's most underrated attribute is his cardio. He is so efficient at grappling and G&P he puts a pace on his opponents that you don't really see from anyone else. Chael made a video about how khabib is one of the few guys he's seen who can blow through 5 sparring partners without getting tired.

I didnt realize how annoying joe rogan could be until johnson landed that one punch

People turning that punch into Khabib's downfall always makes me laugh. Did Lord Rogan mention it by any chance and make a thing about it? If that's all you got on the guy that's not good.

I didnt realize how annoying joe rogan could be until johnson landed that one punch

All I've heard from that punch is what I heard in the fight. I just got done mentioning Rogans echo chamber in another thread. Did he expand on it more on his podcast? That would explain a lot. It's bad enough after fights but when he won't let it go or make a thing about it you just know that's all you'll see in here.

World of difference between Conor’s striking and Michael Johnson’s striking. Manny Pacquiao’s sparring partner Dashon Johnson is on a plane right now to Dublin to trade hands with Conor. Khabib doesn’t finish guys and every round starts on the feet. He’s taking a clean shot on the chin sooner or later. Probably inside 2.

Yes another conor/khabib thread. But its so weird this is all we have against this guy. In all of his fight 1 guy landed a good punch on him. Its like before this fight people thought no one can even land anything on him. While Conor has been finished 3 times, he has fatigued and he has been broken down before by Nate. But yeah MJ landed one good punch on khabib so he is vulnerable
Kind of like Jon Jones, where everybody was celebrating, a punch landed or an armbar attempt.

The worst part is that he constantly references it. Of course its not a big deal if he makes a mistake live, there's a lot of shit to analyze and not always the best angles, but I have heard him repeatedly say khabib was rocked by michael johnson and hell, I bet he'll even say it before khabib walks into the octagon. Its like with all the time Joe spends doing shit on the internet, he couldn't bring up fight pass and watch the exchange in slo mo one time?

Rogan tends to set up long-term marriages to dumb ideas. Yesterday with Larry Sharpe he was having a hard time divorcing himself from the idea that throwing more and more money at a failing system isn't going to solve the problem. He's desperate to find a hole in Khabib's style.

The worst part is that he constantly references it. Of course its not a big deal if he makes a mistake live, there's a lot of shit to analyze and not always the best angles, but I have heard him repeatedly say khabib was rocked by michael johnson and hell, I bet he'll even say it before khabib walks into the octagon. Its like with all the time Joe spends doing shit on the internet, he couldn't bring up fight pass and watch the exchange in slo mo one time?
Rogan will say....mj had him in all kind of trouble. Conor would finish it from position

OMG you're totally right TS my mind is blown how can we be so fucking blind all this time Conor has shown 100x more vulnerability than Khabib he stands no chance thanks for enlightening us you should probably make a YouTube channel I think you're the best fight analyst I've ever seen this is scintillating stuff.
Should they cancel the fight?

MJ landed one good punch and Tibau defended his takedowns

He did. But did you watch it? Chin up hands low

15313ecd8a94600ea15ac097e8e12e50.jpg

Back