Michael Johnson landed a good punch on Khabib

Gervais

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes another conor/khabib thread. But its so weird this is all we have against this guy. In all of his fight 1 guy landed a good punch on him. Its like before this fight people thought no one can even land anything on him. While Conor has been finished 3 times, he has fatigued and he has been broken down before by Nate. But yeah MJ landed one good punch on khabib so he is vulnerable

wold-war-2-ends.jpg

OMG you're totally right TS my mind is blown how can we be so fucking blind all this time Conor has shown 100x more vulnerability than Khabib he stands no chance thanks for enlightening us you should probably make a YouTube channel I think you're the best fight analyst I've ever seen this is scintillating stuff.

Raging Al hit him a few times as well. It is not really how much he has been hit. It is the bad striking his shows along with the lackluster level of competition faced. Conor is another level. Especially on the feet.

Raging Al hit him a few times as well. It is not really how much he has been hit. It is the bad striking his shows along with the lackluster level of competition faced. Conor is another level. Especially on the feet.
bad striking...I thought he dominated Al in the standup?

bad striking...I thought he dominated Al in the standup?

He did. But did you watch it? Chin up hands low, slow as can be and awful punching technique. Rogan was dead on calling him out for it on the commentary. Also his wrestling got worse late in the fight. Whiffing on TD's in rounds 4 and 5. Khabib is no GSP as an athlete. He is pretty slow actually. At times plodding. Conor will have openings. Trust me they will be there..

Yes another conor/khabib thread. But its so weird this is all we have against this guy. In all of his fight 1 guy landed a good punch on him. Its like before this fight people thought no one can even land anything on him. While Conor has been finished 3 times, he has fatigued and he has been broken down before by Nate. But yeah MJ landed one good punch on khabib so he is vulnerable

Not to mention it was his best punch (same shot that KOed Poirer) and Khabibs only reaction was making a weird face while being otherwise unphased and not even taking a backwards step. Glass jaw detected for sure, lol

He did. But did you watch it? Chin up hands low, slow as can be and awful punching technique. Rogan was dead on calling him out for it on the commentary. Also his wrestling got worse late in the fight. Whiffing on TD's in rounds 4 and 5. Khabib is no GSP as an athlete. He is pretty slow actually. At times plodding. Conor will have openings. Trust me they will be there..
I felt like Rogan sometimes go in there to look flaws in fighters and exaggerate them. Conor doesnt have nowhere near the wrestling Al does. Aldo khabib was striking with no fear of Al, so yeah his hands were low to invite him in. I really felt Rogan was way over the top. He made him sound like the guy was a bum from the streets who couldnt strike at all. His striking is actually underrated

Khabib is absolutely sloppy on everything he does.

It wasn't even that good of a punch. Khabib made a face like he noticed it, stopped movement for two seconds and then came again with forward pressure and destroyed MJ.

I felt like Rogan sometimes go in there to look flaws in fighters and exaggerate them. Conor doesnt have nowhere near the wrestling Al does. Aldo khabib was striking with no fear of Al, so yeah his hands were low to invite him in. I really felt Rogan was way over the top. He made him sound like the guy was a bum from the streets who couldnt strike at all. His striking is actually underrated

Al wrestled in Community College. He is not some elite wrestler. Conor has fought an elite wrestler with a bad knee. And yes he got taken down and took some damage, but he still finished the fight inside of 2 rounds..

wow, what a crazy discovery TS, it's insane after almost 2 years of that fight nobody noticed it until now, do you think he got rocked ?

Conor is guilty of the same shit people want to diss Khabib for. Hands low, chin up. The difference is his footwork and headmovement. But boxing is only a part of it and Khabib is looking to take people down. His defense is very underrated too.
I honestly think the possibility of khabib knocking out conor is much bigger than people think. I think he will have to take massive chances in the standup and will feel pressure to land big before getting taken down.

yet absolutely effective with everything he does.

Against inferior fighters. Step the level up and lets see. Tony was going to beat him IMO. I also like Lee to beat him if he makes the weight comfortably. Beating Al for the belt? Come on..

I honestly think the possibility of khabib knocking out conor is much bigger than people think. I think he will have to take massive chances in the standup and will feel pressure to land big before getting taken down.
Totally agree. I see him getting the finish on a tired battered fighter who's been out of the game partying it up. Conor will pressure and throw strikes and that creates openings for Khabib.

Totally agree. I see him getting the finish on a tired battered fighter who's been out of the game partying it up. Conor will pressure and throw strikes and that creates openings for Khabib.

Conor is never out of shape. And he spent a year sharpening his already lethal hands. Plus working with a world class grappler.

It wasn't even that good of a punch. Khabib made a face like he noticed it, stopped movement for two seconds and then came again with forward pressure and destroyed MJ.
According to Conor fans he was “almost knocked out.” <45>

Conor is never out of shape. And he spent a year sharpening his already lethal hands. Plus working with a world class grappler.
That why he's a professional fighter that gasses in the second round. 4 in boxing. He'll becoming into this fight with a 2 year lay off.

The last fighter I saw that came in from a long layoff was viciously KO'd and ended up in the hospital needing surgery.

Back