Michael Johnson calling out Kevin Lee at 155 lbs

I love Johnson. The dude is a fighter through and through..

This would be interesting because both guys' strengths are the other's weakness.

Kevin Lee - great takedowns and ground game but not so great striking defense

MJ - very fast hands and good striking but not so great takedown defense and ground game.

Kevin should be the favorite here. I could see him getting the takedown and some nasty elbows followed by an RNC but it is also very possible MJ sparks him out like he did Poirier.

When u get called out by MJ u know u ckearly have fallen a notch or 2

Nice to see that MJ ducked Kattar. Smart move. Kattar would have knocked him out.

Kevin shouldn't even acknowledge this.

It's below him in weightclass and in 155 rankings by a decent amount.

Disregard scales. Get in cage. Close the door and war.

my first thoughts exactly. this might be a bad match up for the chinny Lee. Actually I got MJ by KTFO. The shot that landed on khabib would have put him on skates.

Or that clean connect on Dustin

This is actually a good fight as MJ had scrambling ability at LW

"Ain't killed a muthafucka yet!"

I like this fight, should be enterteining

Michael Jonson's record: 19-13

Kevin Lee's record: 17-4

giphy.gif

it was so gratifying seeing Gaethje beat him after the cringiest smack talk of all time.

Lee shoots as soon as the bell rings and has his way with MJ.

MJ's too small to stay up the whole fight, sure he could ko MJ with a punch, but i don't see this fight staying on the feet.

Kevin shouldn't even acknowledge this.

It's below him in weightclass and in 155 rankings by a decent amount.
In an organization where Pettis who couldn't even do shit at 145 is fighting Wonderboy, MJ fighting Lee is a lot fairer in comparison.

Last edited:
If MJ gets taken down once he'll probably get submitted in short order. But if Lee stands for too long, he'll likely get knocked dead with that chin (or lack of) and bad striking defense.

All in all, actually a pretty compelling striker vs grappler fight. It's like a discount version of Khabib vs. Conor lol.

In an organization where Pettis who couldn't do shit at 145 is fighting Wonderboy, MJ fighting and in Lee is a lot fairer in comparison.

I agree. Compared to that weird fight, MJ vs Lee isn't a big deal.

I like MJ, but man he just got back on track after a really bad losing streak that almost saw him cut (though in his defense he kept facing top opponents).

And then he's a guy who has been at FW and has struggled with grapplers, against a very good grappler who can barely make a buck 55.

Back