• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Michael Gerson on rightwing Evangelicalism

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
You do realize that there's a religion hidden in plain sight that controls those nations and many more? Who do you think is allowing Islam in? Who would love it so much if people became Atheists amongst the chaos?

Fuck me, I must be an idiot to not see the troll job. Good job.
<[analyzed}><[analyzed}><[analyzed}><[analyzed}><[analyzed}><[analyzed}>

<23>

Loyal followers all throughout entertainment, businesses, governments and organizations. Their religious symbols are everywhere.
tenor.gif

You do realize that there's a religion hidden in plain sight that controls those nations and many more? Who do you think is allowing Islam in? Who would love it so much if people became Atheists amongst the chaos?

It's right in their faces and they can't see it

Creighton University, a Christian school, did reports on quality of life throughout the last decade. Their findings showed the higher religiosity goes, the higher human dysfunction pervades within a given society.

That study actually shows that the poorer a country is the more religious it is. ie if all you have is religion then you will hold on to it tightly.

To be more precise they've defined social dysfunction thusly:
sociologists have quantified that dysfunction using indices like average income, income inequality, homicide and incarceration rates, longevity, and so on

You mean to tell me poorer people have less avg income? Suffer from income inequality? They have higher incarceration rates? And they don't live as long as people with money? ----- I'm shocked, totally and completely shocked.

Once again, you made the positive claim about the money changers being corrupt. The burden of proof relies upon you, and using the bible as some sort of corroboration is absurd.

And I posted evidence; you've posted squat.

That study actually shows that the poorer a country is the more religious it is. ie if all you have is religion then you will hold on to it tightly.

To be more precise they've defined social dysfunction thusly:
sociologists have quantified that dysfunction using indices like average income, income inequality, homicide and incarceration rates, longevity, and so on

You mean to tell me poorer people have less avg income? Suffer from income inequality? They have higher incarceration rates? And they don't live as long as people with money? ----- I'm shocked, totally and completely shocked.

And yet, poverty was not the only metric they utilized. Go figure. Good job completely glossing over the fact that where there are poor gullible people, the faithful will always hold sway. Great advertisement for the faith impulse.

<Fedor23>
It's their choice, can't let it get you down.

Pray tell me humility, but I happen to be on a mission for God.

something tells me you laugh at this arrogance when it is demonstrated by people who trot forth a religion not your own, while seeing none of the irony.

But since you oddities seem to think you are superior to others based upon your faith, tell me, is it moral to love some and fear them? What kind of humans do this, and what do we call them?

Pray tell me humility, but I happen to be on a mission for God.

something tells me you laugh at this arrogance when it is demonstrated by people who trot forth a religion not your own, while seeing none of the irony.

But since you oddities seem to think you are superior to others based upon your faith, tell me, is it moral to love some and fear them? What kind of humans do this, and what do we call them?
<{vega}>

Satan has all the religions in his pocket. I don't think I'm superior because I can see what's happening. I don't even know why I care so much and feel so compelled to show people. If you're implying that I fear people or the evil beings we can't see, I don't. Only God. His power is unfathomable.

It's good to love everyone and refrain from dumb hatred and abominable acts.

giphy.gif

Noah Webster (Evangelical) -All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible.

Benjamin Rush - (Evangelical) Domestic slavery is repugnant to the principles of Christianity… It is rebellion against the authority of a common Father. It is a practical denial of the extent and efficacy of the death of a common Savior. It is usurpation of the prerogative of the great Sovereign of the universe who has solemnly claimed an exclusive property in the souls of men.”

John Brown - (Evangelical) believed he was the instrument of God's wrath in punishing men for the sin of owning slaves.

William Lloyd Garrison (Evangelical) -My crime is that I will not go with the multitude to do evil. My singularity is that when I say that freedom is of God and slavery is of the devil, I mean just what I say

William Wilberforce (Evangelical) - God Almighty has set before me two Great Objects: the supression of the Slave Trade and the Reformation of Manners

John Wesley (Evangelical)-
In returning I read a very different book, published by an honest Quaker, on that execrable sum of all villanies, commonly called the Slave-trade

Charles Spurgeon -
I do from my inmost soul detest slavery . . . and although I commune at the Lord’s table with men of all creeds, yet with a slave-holder I have no fellowship of any sort or kind. Whenever one has called upon me, I have considered it my duty to express my detestation of his wickedness, and I would as soon think of receiving a murderer into my church . . . as a man stealer
If a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod and he dies at his hand, he shall be punished. 21If, however, he survives a day or two, no vengeance shall be taken; for he is his property.

If his master gives him a wife, and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall belong to her master, and he shall go out alone.

- God

Slaves, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ; 6not by way of eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart. 7With good will render service, as to the Lord, and not to men, 8knowing that whatever good thing each one does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether slave or free.

All who are under the yoke as slaves are to regard their own masters as worthy of all honor so that the name of God and our doctrine will not be spoken against. 2Those who have believers as their masters must not be disrespectful to them because they are brethren, but must serve them all the more, because those who partake of the benefit are believers and beloved. Teach and preach these principles.

- Jesus Fuckin' Christ

<{vega}>

Satan has all the religions in his pocket. I don't think I'm superior because I can see what's happening. I don't even know why I care so much and feel so compelled to show people. If you're suggesting that I fear people I don't, only God. His power is unfathomable.

It's good to love everyone and refrain from dumb hatred and abominable acts.

Satan does not exist, bro. Satan is not even a unique deity, or an original one from the time. Dumb hatred and abominable acts are done incredibly often by the faithful, seeing as faith requires no justification whatsoever.

It's far easier to take the risks of viewing this world in it's actual splendor, and far more pleasurable, than bringing out manufactured supernatural entities that seem a tad less creative than Lovecraft.

If a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod and he dies at his hand, he shall be punished. 21If, however, he survives a day or two, no vengeance shall be taken; for he is his property.

If his master gives him a wife, and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall belong to her master, and he shall go out alone.

- God

Slaves, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ; 6not by way of eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart. 7With good will render service, as to the Lord, and not to men, 8knowing that whatever good thing each one does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether slave or free.

All who are under the yoke as slaves are to regard their own masters as worthy of all honor so that the name of God and our doctrine will not be spoken against. 2Those who have believers as their masters must not be disrespectful to them because they are brethren, but must serve them all the more, because those who partake of the benefit are believers and beloved. Teach and preach these principles.

- Jesus Fuckin' Christ

Nope. Jesus wanted slavery so bad, he waited 1800 years for a secular republic to do so. Makes so much sense.

Satan does not exist, bro. Satan is not even a unique deity, or an original one from the time. Dumb hatred and abominable acts are done incredibly often by the faithful, seeing as faith requires no justification whatsoever.

It's far easier to take the risks of viewing this world in it's actual splendor, and far more pleasurable, than bringing out manufactured supernatural entities that seem a tad less creative than Lovecraft.

<Fedor23>
Looks like you've got your mind all made up.

<Fedor23>
Looks like you've got your mind all made up.

I don't have faith. My mind does not need to be made up. But if you are going to talk, here in the real world, about cosmic entities, you should probably try to bring truth, or admit you suffer from some deficiency in capability.

Back