Michael Chandler is anti-lockdown

Literally who cares? The US has delivered the world a vaccine in record time. They can thank us later, I guess.

"thank us"

You personally did not do a single thing though.

Well actually that is not true tbf... you spent months downplaying the whole thing and also embarrassingly pumped a drug that doesn't work. That was very helpful of you lol.

Besides that though... BioNTech is a German company.

Closing down businesses trying to make a living and infringing on peoples right to associate, private property rights, etc while allowing hundreds of thousands of people to riot in the street for months are examples of downplaying the risk and turning it into a political issue.

We have this virus... it's pretty bad. It's mainly going to kill older people, it's not very dangerous to everyone, but it is very infectious and will be very bad for a lot of older Americans and many will die.

Infection rate is bad. Ebola is deadlier, but they die very quickly. They die so quickly that it's hard for them to infect a lot of other people. This is not the case with China virus. It takes a while so people spread it alot. I'm not saying China designed it this way. I don't know that yet, we will find out, believe me.

They think we're going to spread it everywhere. They think we're too spoilt to do what we have to do! But this is America and we are making it great again! They underestimate us! They underestimate our patriotism! They underestimate how much we love our country! What lengths we will go to to make our country great again!

If he'd just used a bit of nationalistic rhetoric rather than playing victim the anti maskers would be wearing buttplugs to fight the virus if he asked.

1. You said record setting numbers. Europe is made up of country’s much smaller than the US. Their record numbers are based on their respective populations.

2. Almost every European nations is less than a week off from their respective record day.

3. France is within a week of a single day with over 86K cases. Comparing that to the US on a per capita basis, that would be the equivalent of over 420,000 cases in a single day
Ok then I'll stand corrected.

Literally who cares? The US has delivered the world a vaccine in record time. They can thank us later, I guess.

Umm what vaccine is that? The one not available yet? If delivery meant promise, I'd never eat a Seamless meal in my life lmao

If we took better precaution the way other countries did, we'd be a better place. Instead we waited until the last min, lifted earlier than other countries and now refuse to lockdown. Can't be coincidence that we're getting record numbers.

Bail out the workers, not the corporations (who got richer over the pandemic)

hiya Peli,

i don't think its possible for the US to take better precautions.

*muses*

once, years and years ago, there was a gun-control thread and i mentioned that the Japanese seemed to have a good grip on topic. i was told that "this is America, not Japan", or something to that effect.

i think Americans are very capable at some things, and not-so-good at others. obeying and respecting expertise isn't a strength of Americans. in this country, expertise is often looked down upon, you know?

if Mr. Biden was POTUS at the dawn of the outbreak, and his administration came out with a list of recommendations, its very easy for me to picture 72,907,488 Americans just not having it.

- IGIT

religion is so powerful it can make you believe in the invisible man in the sky who will get you if you're bad or the invisible cold in the sky who can get you if you're bad

If we took better precaution the way other countries did, we'd be a better place.

What fucking countries? Are you paying attention right now? Everywhere is spiking. Jesus Christ, quit thinking any country had a magic solution to this shit, and if only Trump had listened to experts...blah, blah, blah. Some Island nations have it somewhat under control, because, well, obviously. Everywhere else is spiking.

You're not gonna be able to put the blame on Trump forever, so you better get a new talking point.

What fucking countries? Are you paying attention right now? Everywhere is spiking. Jesus Christ, quit thinking any country had a magic solution to this shit, and if only Trump had listened to experts...blah, blah, blah. Some Island nations have it somewhat under control, because, well, obviously. Everywhere else is spiking.

You're not gonna be able to put the blame on Trump forever, so you better get a new talking point.
I blame trump for his response. But its fair to concede that other countries are getting record numbers too. And Yes, there are examples of countries handling the virus better than america or brazil.

I blame trump for his response.

His response is what the world will eventually agree with, since their relief funds are running out. Live with it.

Our super leftist Prime Minister is already sounding the alarm that the COVID relief money isn't infinite. What do you think happens then?

Spoiler Alert: Get back to work and deal with it.

I'm so tired of you fucking idiots living your life around Trump. Get a clue already, and get ready to come out from under your bed.

His response is what the world will eventually agree with, since their relief funds are running out. Live with it.

Our super leftist Prime Minister is already sounding the alarm that the COVID relief money isn't infinite. What do you think happens then?

Spoiler Alert: Get back to work and deal with it.

I'm so tired of you fucking idiots living your life around Trump. Get a clue already, and get ready to come out from under your bed.
Sounds like you don't even live in the US.

Sounds like you don't even live in the US.

No, I live in one of those countries morons like yourself point to for doing a good job with COVID...even though our case numbers are setting records every single day...

hiya Peli,

i don't think its possible for the US to take better precautions.

*muses*

once, years and years ago, there was a gun-control thread and i mentioned that the Japanese seemed to have a good grip on topic. i was told that "this is America, not Japan", or something to that effect.

i think Americans are very capable at some things, and not-so-good at others. obeying and respecting expertise isn't a strength of Americans. in this country, expertise is often looked down upon, you know?

if Mr. Biden was POTUS at the dawn of the outbreak, and his administration came out with a list of recommendations, its very easy for me to picture 72,907,488 Americans just not having it.

- IGIT
You're right. Americans have a hard time respecting expertise. But I do think it would look a little different, I don't think we'd have the numbers we have now. I mean there's evidence of countries handling the pandemic by the numbers by capita. So, its not unimaginable that a better response could have lead to lives being saved and just a better overall response in terms of the economy response as well.

No, I live in one of those countries morons like yourself point to for doing a good job with COVID...even though our case numbers are setting records every single day...
Mate, why are you getting emotional?

I bet your country is doing a better job than the united states and will continue to do a better job than the united states. I'm sure you're getting record numbers, I can concede that but I still don't think its anyway near the level of the united states, nor the response of the united states to covid. If you think covid the mitigation efforts of all countries are more or less the same, you're only fooling yourself. If you want to get emotional about it, go right ahead.

Mate, why are you getting emotional?

I bet your country is doing a better job than the united states and will continue to do a better job than the united states. I'm sure you're getting record numbers, I can concede that but I still don't think its anyway near the level of the united states, nor the response of the united states to covid.

Canada.

We've shut down, implemented mask mandates, and are social distancing most of the time. Amazingly, it hasn't done shit like the "experts" said it would. In fact, we're worse off than we were when this shit started...like everyone else.

And of course we have less cases than you. Our population is less than that of California. If you think comparisons of raw case numbers between countries mean anything, you're very dim.

Didn't really help that the government tried to downplay the risk or turn masks into a political issue.

Especially with his cult like appeal.
Did you just say that Trump was the entire government?

You're right. Americans have a hard time respecting expertise. But I do think it would look a little different, I don't think we'd have the numbers we have now. I mean there's evidence of countries handling the pandemic by the numbers by capita. So, its not unimaginable that a better response could have lead to lives being saved and just a better overall response in terms of the economy response as well.

hiya Peli,

you could be right.

then again, like i said, its easy for me to picture GOP voters not believing any of it. you have to remember that in 2016, roughly 70% of the GOP electorate still believed that the outgoing POTUS was probably a citizen of Kenya.

*sighs*

its hard to reason with some folks.

- IGIt

Canada.

We've shut down, implemented mask mandates, and are social distancing most of the time. Amazingly, it hasn't done shit like the "experts" said it would. In fact, we're worse off than we were when this shit started...like everyone else.

And of course we have less cases than you. Our population is less than that of California. If you think comparisons of raw case numbers between countries mean anything, you're very dim.
I didn't say raw case numbers. I've already conceded that to another poster. We can talk about the per capita numbers.

I just find it weird you'd think canada and the us are in the same boat when it comes to the coronavirus. This entropic view of we're all going to land at the same place whether we control it or not.

I didn't say raw case numbers. I've already conceded that to another poster. We can talk about the per capita numbers.

I just find it weird you'd think canada and the us are in the same boat when it comes to the coronavirus. This entropic view of we're all going to land at the same place whether we control it or not.

They aren't in the same boat, for obvious reasons. Yet, you and your ilk love to compare us at favorable times, or when you simply haven't kept up with the case numbers of said countries.

Tell me, what failures did Trump make that would've avoided these spikes that damn near every nation is experiencing right now? Masks? Nope. Social distancing? Nope. Lockdowns? Nope.

So what was it?

They aren't in the same boat, for obvious reasons. Yet, you and your ilk love to compare us at favorable times, or when you simply haven't kept up with the case numbers of said countries.

Tell me, what failures did Trump make that would've avoided these spikes that damn near every nation is experiencing right now? Masks? Nope. Social distancing? Nope. Lockdowns? Nope.

So what was it?
So nothing works in your estimation? There's nothing anything any government can do to mitigate covid 19? Nothing? Its all useless to mitigate. Is that what you're saying?

Back