Michael Chandler’s first fight in the UFC should be against...

Yep, and Gaethje got #5 ranked Johnson. Chandler should get one of Gaethje, Ferguson, Oliviera, or Hooker.
Oliviera is probably the most winnable fight for him on that list. Well maybe Hooker as well.

I am a huge Chandler fan, but he deserves nobody in the Top 10. These guys all worked their way up, which is the hard part about even becoming Top 10 in the UFC.
Askren would've never even been ranked in the UFC if he had to work his way up instead of being gifted a fight with Lawler that he did not deserve. Fact.

Give Chandler a Top 15 or unranked guy and make him prove he deserves that high-profile fight, just like every other guy who came from other organizations into the UFC had to prove he deserves a ranked opponent.

Give him #10?

Lol this is so incredibly false. Alvarez got Cerrone. Melendez got a title shot. Condit got Kampmann. Sonnen got Maia. Diaz got Penn. So many examples to choose from lol.

To compare those guys to Chandler is pretty far-fetched, my man. Also to compare the LW division of right now to those divisions back then is far-fetched. The depth is different and you know that.
But yeah my statement was inaccurate, I meant more like the guys from low profile feeder organisations nowadays, and Bellator is just that nowadays in my opinion. It's not comparable to Strikeforce or Bellator 5 years ago.

Alvarez beat Chandler to become champ before he came into the UFC.
Melendez was on a 7 fight winstreak AND had 4 or arguably more title-defenses when he came to the UFC.
When Sonnen came into the UFC, there were no official rankings yet afaik?
Diaz had 3 title-defenses and was a huge star when he came into the UFC.

Last edited:
To compare those guys to Chandler is pretty far-fetched, my man. Also to compare the LW division of right now to those divisions back then is far-fetched. The depth is different and you know that.

Alvarez beat Chandler to become champ before he came into the UFC.
Melendez was on a 7 fight winstreak AND had 4 or arguably more title-defenses when he came to the UFC.
When Sonnen came into the UFC, there were no official rankings yet afaik?
Diaz had 3 title-defenses and was a huge star when he came into the UFC.
Moving goalposts now huh? You made it sound like guys coming over and fighting ranked guys doesn't happen or is rare. It happens all the time. The ufc had him ready to fill in for a title shot, and are trying to set him up with top 5 guys.

Ergo, that's the value he has to them. Yet all these people on the forums have been complaining about how he doesn't deserve it. Well his employer says he does.

{<shrug}

Islam Makhachev
islam-makhachev-1.jpg

Your thoughts?

<Dany07><YeahOKJen>

Lol this is so incredibly false. Alvarez got Cerrone. Melendez got a title shot. Condit got Kampmann. Sonnen got Maia. Diaz got Penn. So many examples to choose from lol.

funny you mention those names cause all of them lost with the exception of Diaz .. even though he won a decision not all that great

will brooks and if he loses for the third time just cut him.
he can go back to being knocked out by some bellator or one fc featherweights.

But Alvarez, Condit, Melendez, and Diaz were current champions and I assume ranked in the major MMA rankings at the time. Sonnen should have been WEC champion if Filho hadn't missed weight.

Id be happy to see him fight anyone , he coming across with a great rep, lets see how that equates with the UFC roster..

But Alvarez, Condit, Melendez, and Diaz were current champions and I assume ranked in the major MMA rankings at the time. Sonnen should have been WEC champion if Filho hadn't missed weight.
Ok and Chandler is a former champ and clearly the ufc values him as a guy deserving a top 5. Why take less than what your employer says you're worth?

Why does Islam deserve that? The UFC specifically brought Chandler in to exploit by falling gloriously or profit by shining.

I've not seen much of Chandler, I find it surprising how many folks think he's top 5 quality though.. Who's he beat that warrants that Eddie Alvarez, Patricky, Old Benson? When I look at his record those two losses to massive flop Will Brooks look awful..

Depending on whether the UFC want to back him or fuck him, I think we'll either see a lower ranked opponent to test the waters and maybe gift him a likely win, or a massive top 5 test to try and expose Bellator's quality.. I guess we'll see.. Does he have a huge fan base? or is he just liked on Sherdog?

NUe3nN0I.jpg

feed him to the goat

True. Jiri getting Volkan is maybe the most recent example.

It coukd work. I know a lot of people say he deserves a higher ranked opponent but look at Will Brooks. He got Cowboy Olivera. Lombard got I forget his name.
Not diaparaging Bellator fighters but they dont have a good track record comung to the UFC.
Brooks, Lombard, dude tgat got head kicked by Dillashaw. They have yet to perform.

Back