Michael Chandler’s first fight in the UFC should be against...

FrankDux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Islam Makhachev
islam-makhachev-1.jpg

Your thoughts?

Huge Chandler fan, would absolutely love to see him fight Islam. But with Chandler's style he can fight anyone and match up well for it to be an exciting fight

Ppl sleep on Chandler, has legit KO power, great wrestling and explosivness

I am a huge Chandler fan, but he deserves nobody in the Top 10. These guys all worked their way up, which is the hard part about even becoming Top 10 in the UFC.
Askren would've never even been ranked in the UFC if he had to work his way up instead of being gifted a fight with Lawler that he did not deserve. Fact.

Give Chandler a Top 15 or unranked guy and make him prove he deserves that high-profile fight.

Last edited:
I know he's jockeying for someone in the upper Top 5 (i.e. immediate title contenders), but I don't think he deserves anyone higher than Dan Hooker at the very most. And honestly I feel that would be pretty generous. I think Paul Felder (currently #7) would be a great measuring stick for him, honestly. Robbie was #7 at Welterweight when they threw Ben Askren to him and I would argue Ben had a bigger head of steam behind him than Chandler does (I realize this point is arguable).

Felder has expressed mild interest in this fight and is semi-retired, saying he would only come back for fights that interest him, i.e. basically big-money fights against a high-profile opponent. Welcoming a promotional newcomer that was a long-time champion at the UFC's primary domestic rival with a fair amount of hype behind him would qualify.

But honestly, I wouldn't raise an eyebrow at them matching up Chandler with anyone from Islam (#12) all the way up to the aforementioned Hooker (#5). Realistically, however, I think he's going to get at least a Top 10 guy, if not Top 5.

Last edited:
Feed him to Justin who will end the hype. He was just knocked out by a FW from 2nd tier org two fights ago.

Chandler can do better

While I agree but there's no way the UFC is gonna waste a big signing like him on anything past a #6 guy in the rankings. It's too much of a risk, I honestly think Islam and Do Bronx both starch him

I am a huge Chandler fan, but he deserves nobody in the Top 10. These guys all worked their way up, which is the hard part about even becoming Top 10 in the UFC.
Askren would've never even been ranked in the UFC if he had to work his way up instead of being gifted a fight with Lawler that he did not deserve. Fact.

Give Chandler a Top 15 or unranked guy and make him prove he deserves that high-profile fight, just like every other guy who came from other organizations into the UFC had to prove he deserves a ranked opponent.
Lol this is so incredibly false. Alvarez got Cerrone. Melendez got a title shot. Condit got Kampmann. Sonnen got Maia. Diaz got Penn. So many examples to choose from lol.

Lol this is so incredibly false. Alvarez got Cerrone. Melendez got a title shot. Condit got Kampmann. Sonnen got Maia. Diaz got Penn. So many examples to choose from lol.
Yep, and Gaethje got #5 ranked Johnson. Chandler should get one of Gaethje, Ferguson, Oliviera, or Hooker.

Back