Michael Bisping Trashes Nate Diaz for Early Retirement

Is it too soon for Diaz to retire?

• Total voters
There's no reason to be sorry, nothing happened. I just thought someone might be interested. People tend to talk about stuff like that every now and then.

If I remember correctly, Nick had deftones as walk in music in fights of his btw.

This is why I preach timing and circumstances are paramount in this sport :
Ironically, before he caught lightning in a bottle ( title)- I agree - tough as nails ...
The rest we can debate.

I do like him as a commentator.
I think that’s a fair point. I think there’s another world where wonderboy is a champ with like 5 title defenses

michael-bisping-eye-injury.jpg

Looks ready to take the Ping challenge and pop his eye out

lol. I still remember when Bisping was trying to get a fight with Nick and Nate straight up told him he wasn't a big enough name. I don't think the Count ever got over that. Still sounds salty.

Bisping and Nick were close to signing a fight. Except Nick required the bout be at a catchweight of 175 or something.

In other words....Nick ducked Bisping at 185.

I agree and disagree with Bisping on this.

On one hand, he's right. Diaz is like 32 years old or something, looks to be in the prime of his career, his interest stock is at an all time high and he could definitely make plenty more millions then retire.

On the other, he has taken multiple whoopings through his career and if he takes many more his brain will be mush and most of his money will be going to medical bills later in his life if he doesn't watch it.

I think anyone should have the right to retire anytime they want.
That said, Bisping's argument is logically sound. Diaz just beat an ELITE striker (Anthony Pettis). I don't think that just because he got the living shit beat out of him by Masvidal (who's now probably top tier at Welterweight), that he should just exit the game like that. I'm not even a huge fan of Diaz but I logically think that he could beat lots of people still. And because Diaz is so PPV friendly, he could make enormous amounts of money if he fights smart.

Also, I don't how how much weight he cuts, but if he can, I think he should probably go to Lightweight. Then again I really don't know how heavy he is.

Bisping retired with one eye, for now on fighters should only be allowed to retire when they lose both eyes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back