Michael Bisping Trashes Nate Diaz for Early Retirement

Is it too soon for Diaz to retire?

• Total voters
Ping should have retired after the Hendo “win”. He was damaged goods going into the GSP/Gas fights after getting his chin wrecked by old man Silva/Hendo
He was Chinny his whole career

“Listen, I love to watch Nate fight and I love to watch Nick fight,” Michael Bisping said. “I am a huge fan of both of them, I really am. There was no way I was missing that fight on Saturday. There was no way I was missing the Pettis fight. They’re great fighters. They bring excitement every time.

And you’re right there is that aura, that element of there’s a wildness. You don’t know what they’re gonna do and what they’re gonna say, and that’s part of the attraction. I get that, but by losing this fight and then saying, ‘Okay, I’m gonna retire,’ because it didn’t go his way, and then to start coming out with conspiracy theories and things like that. It’s wholly unattractive.”

“For him to say, ‘I’m gonna retire,’ he’s only hurting himself. He’s in his mid-30s. I don’t know what is he -- 32? 33? 34 -- something like that. This window doesn’t last forever. I don’t know what he got paid in New York, but it would’ve been a lot of money. I guarantee you that. It was probably in the region of a couple million dollars, I would assume. The window of a fighter doesn’t stick around forever. That window does not stay open. Get in, make as much money as you can while you can. He’s only hurting himself.”

“Having one setback getting beaten in a fight, and then saying, ‘Man, f*ck it. That’s it. I’m retired.’ I’m sorry, to somebody like me, I have zero respect for that.”

- Believe You Me podcast

I doubt he cares about your respect me ping.

I've always enjoyed watching the Diaz Bros fight but they always pull this shit when they lose. Blame the judges. Blame USADA. Blame the doctor. It gets old after a while. Maybe the problem is they're just not good enough to beat the elite level competition?

No I guess it's all just a conspiracy. The Diaz Bros aren't B-level fighters, they're victims.

Yeah, right, Diaz should have waited until he was blind in one eye before retiring.

$10 million can't buy back Michael's eye, and he's always risking losing sight in the other one. That risk is why he retired. Then he'd be completely blind for the rest of his life. Bisping runs a very real risk of being alive, having lots of money, but never being able to see his grandchildren.

I understand Michael's view. I also understand Nate's view. He still his health -- if he already has money, why risk his health for anything but big money fights?

He's not wrong. It's one thing if Nate retired because he's taken a lot of damage over the years, but his biggest complaint about this fight was that the doctor wouldn't let him take more damage, so that obviously isn't the reason. He took 3 years off at his peak popularity because he lost and was chasing a rematch, now he loses again and wants to retire because they don't want to give him a rematch. Just seems like he's missed a lot of opportunities over pouting.

I hope Nates reads this and listens to Bisping. Hell Bisping has 1 eye and won a title. Come Nate with your little cut

10215138.jpg

Listen up Buddeh,

Nate ya bloody poofter, I kept one eye on the title and one eye was stuck on the bottom of Vitor's foot, my point is right.. ya can't be complaining all the bloody time mate.
<28><28><28>

Has Bisping not heard his punch drunk voice? He's already too late for retiring.

All Mike is proving is that the Diaz brothers pull the strings. They know everyone wants to see them fight.

Ping should have retired after the Hendo “win”. He was damaged goods going into the GSP/Gas fights after getting his chin wrecked by old man Silva/Hendo
He should have retired afther the GSP fight, not before. I'm pretty sure he made good retirement money out of that.

He should have never taken the Kelvin fight.

yea every1 says they are a fighter to the core but only a few really are. The true fighters never have enough and always want that next fight until the business is done with them. I really think nate is 1 of those guys and once he realizes that fighting is his identity he will come back around. Once he realizes worrying about money and contracts etc isn't his true self

Call me Lucky Larry!

He is the Matt Serra of MW. Except he lost to GSP

Nah, Bisping was a very solid B-tier fighter. Not elite, but very good nontheless.
Rockhold win was super lucky no doubt.

Serra's career aside from GSP on the other hand literally had nothing going for it.
Make's GSP tapping to him (to strikes!!!) all the more pathetic.

Bisping has really grown on me. His podcast is decent too.

Diaz needs to get after the Bisping on the mic and in the Cagie.

Luis J Gomez is a good mid tier comedian and cohost.

Is he trying to morph physically into Rogan plus?

Back