Michael Bisping on Jon Jones' arrest ''he's a good person...''

Ask Bisping about Belfort and he'll call him all the worst things imaginable, but Jon (who's also a PED cheat), is a good guy
Lol they should ask him if he considers Belfort as a good person in the same regard.

Bad is a very vague term. To be more precise Jones is a narcissist/very selfish person.
Yeah it’s kinda weird to just label someone a bad person. I think his main problem is drinking/drugs, I don’t think he would have any issues if he was sober, but until he gets sober he is what he is.

Last edited:
Yeah it’s kinda weird to just label someone a bad person. I think his main problem is drinking/drugs, I don’t think he would have any issues if he was sober.m, but until he gets sober he is what he is.
I have to disagree there. I think Jones is a moron when it comes to anything outside fighting. Couple that with his sociopathic and narcissistic personality and you just have a rolodex of terrible decisions which catch up to him eventually.

Not saying that drinking/drugs don't bring out the worst in him, but even without those he is a pretty shitty person.

I have to disagree there. I think Jones is a moron when it comes to anything outside fighting. Couple that with his sociopathic and narcissistic personality and you just have a rolodex of terrible decisions which catch up to him eventually.

Not saying that drinking/drugs don't bring out the worst in him, but even without those he is a pretty shitty person.
Neither of us know him, and every time he has done something he was arrested for he was drunk or high.

Bad people intentionally try to harm others. Everything "bad" that Jon has done was the result of an accident. It was just bad luck on his part. The real bad people are those trying to tarnish Jon's reputation.

Neither of us know him, and every time he has done something he was arrested for he was drunk or high.
We only know about the times he was arrested or caught. Statistically he would've gotten away with things more often. Maybe not as serious as a car crash.

Of course none of use here know him personally, but we can form some judgement based on how he acts and the information available to us. The same way we think that guys like GSP, Whittaker, Fedor etc are genuinely nice people. It's possible they are serial killers or rapists in reality and have never been caught.

Bad people intentionally try to harm others. Everything "bad" that Jon has done was the result of an accident. It was just bad luck on his part. The real bad people are those trying to tarnish Jon's reputation.

Assaulting women is bad luck?

Although, yeah it is actually. As everything is luck. I mean everything. The word shouldn't even exist as it just describes reality. Free will makes no sense at all and everything you are and do is the result of a reaction to something you had 0 control of - be it your genes, your upbringing or things which occur in the world and your reaction to them which is limited and dictated by < back to point 1 - your genes + environment. Everything is luck.

We only know about the times he was arrested or caught. Statistically he would've gotten away with things more often. Maybe not as serious as a car crash.

Of course none of use here know him personally, but we can form some judgement based on how he acts and the information available to us. The same way we think that guys like GSP, Whittaker, Fedor etc are genuinely nice people. It's possible they are serial killers or rapists in reality and have never been caught.
That's irrelevant, every time he has done something he was drunk or high. I think people with substance abuse problems can do things as he has done without being narcissists, or sociopaths

Neither of us know, and like I said, he is what he is until he gets sober

Didn't Jones stop looters in his home town or something. it was on video

then there was the story where he chased down some purse thief. that one might have been made up.

I'd say Jones is just a person. He's not good nor bad. He's done both good and bad things. He's just another human like the rest of us. Not to mention, I don't know the context of any of the situations he's been in and know of similar situations occurring with "good" people. Plus, I don't know him in real life, so it's impossible to judge whether he's a "good" person or not (which is also subjective and vague, IMO). "Good" and "bad" are weird words to describe people. Most are too complicated and complex to be painted with such a broad brush. This isn't a movie where there's clear-cut mustache twirling bad guys and Mary Sue level good guys. Most regular human beings fall somewhere in the middle.

That's irrelevant, every time he has done something he was drunk or high. I think people with substance abuse problems can do things as he has done without being narcissists, or sociopaths

There are also people with substance abuse issues who have never been in trouble with the law...

If Jones knows that he turns into a dangerous retard every time he goes on a binge, and still does it, it's bad.

Who are we to judge... it is only God who can judge other men.
:eek:
Sick quote, I need to tattoo it on my neck

Fuck that. He's a shit person. I always judge these things thusly: would the world be a better place without Jon Jones in it? I think yes.

Can you really trust the opinion of a man with half the perspective you have ?

Bwaaaahahahaha

He appears to have split personalities. One of them is a good person. One is a psychopath.
No, he’s just a psychopath who knows enough to pretend like he’s a good person, like psychopaths do.

Bisping and his wife probably throws down too. Those couples been together but not married since they were young. It's different than dating when you are ready to settled.

That is very relevant. Intoxication doesn't make you go from a saint to an asshole. It generally accentuates behaviours that you normally suppress due to societal norms.

If it was the first time that is happened when he was intoxicated, it would be understandable. But it's not the first time he has been intoxicated, or that he has been in a similar situation. So logic would dictate that a person would go 'hey I'm not in control of my emotions when I'm intoxicated, so I need to control my drinks or the amount of drugs I do'. He's not some dumb teenager, he's 35 man.

And him being a narcissist and sociopath isn't based on his felony incidents, that's just easy to read by his behaviours. That's just his personality.

I have to admit, embarrassingly, I have some of those tendencies too. I think a lot of people do. People just learn to hide it or work on it. It's just a matter of identifying them and constantly working to humble yourself. A big part of that is having people who will call you out on it. You can either ignore them and cut them off, or you can accept that there is work to be done. That's the part that Jones is missing. He has no interest in changing. He will do the bare minimum to get people or the law off his back and go right back to square one.

Jon Jones linked to Gabby Potato case!
Really though, I remember Jon’s run to winning the belt. Every asswhooping he provided he thanks God/Jesus but breaking Brandon Vera’s face was just brutal, and Vera is from my hometown, I got to meet him and Mackenz Semisar. Those beat downs on Shogun, Bader, dropping Machida on his head, kicking DC in the face and then giving him over 20 GNP punches with his face stuck in the cage
Could you really do all that, and be a good person?

There are so many people who don’t have a real purpose in life, just working 9-5. It’s almost like Jon found his purpose in life too early or quickly, substance abuse was supposed to be an excuse if he lost…except he just hasn’t lost, and I feel like losing might help him regain focus on being great. Don’t get me wrong I think Jon is the GOAT, but he’s relinquished his Belt and hasn’t fought in nearly two years. He gets into the hall of fame and it’s almost like he HAD to fuck up the good thing that just happened to him. It’s sad, I don’t hear anything like this about his brothers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back