Michael Bisping On A. Silva Fight: "I Wont Fall Down Like Some Of These Bums Have"

Sadly I don't think we're ever going to see Bisping face Silva, he loses every time he fights for number one contender.

Yeah, his kryptonite are powerful strikers (Wand, Henderson, very likely Belfort). The fact is, Bisping has never faced Anderson Silva so his prediction is very flawed--there's a very good chance he will choke against Anderson like everyone has.

Honestly, Silva HAS been getting noticably slower with his feet. And even if his hand speed wanes as well, his accuracy will save him.

That being said, I agree - I want Weidman v Silva ASAP so Weidman detractors/Silva crazies have less to bitch about.

Can you cite specific examples of this claim?

I think his last four or five fights have been the best i have ever seen him in the UFC.

Can you cite specific examples of this claim?

I think his last four or five fights have been the best i have ever seen him in the UFC.

You can't take a comment like that seriously.. Yes AS is getting slower that is why in his last four fights he drops his hands, let's them fire away at him, dodges their shots and KTFO of them.

Yeah, I'm just pointing out that he is staying busy, will fight whoever they ask him to.

He's not turning down fights because he thinks he deserves something.

Bisping is one of the more active fighters as of late ... since he's move down to MW, he's fought 12 times in 5 years spanning April 2008 to Sept 22, 2012

but the only issue I have, is even when Bisping put together a 4 fight winning streak, it wasn't over anyone of great quality .. Rivera, Dan Miller, Jason Miller, Akiyama .. none of those guys are anywhere near top 10 at MW

the best thing Bisping has going for him, is he's been very active inside the Octagon
but when it comes to beating the upper level fighters at MW, he comes up short .. see below

He's been consistently losing to top ranked fighters as well.

hopefully Bisping can right the ship vs Belfort .. as fun as it would be to see Vitor turn Bisping into a HL reel KO, I'd prefer to see Bisping win, and challenge for the belt.

Beating Brain Stann at MW has far more value than beating Vitor at this point. His last win in the division was a year ago, he has 3 total fights, and is yet to beat anyone in the top 10.

Surly nobody in their right mind would argue beating someone with these stats would lead one to a title shot....Add in some marketing and the name Vitor Belfort? Suddenly you can convince a number of fans it's legit.

I don't think there's a bigger win, barring Anderson of course, than Vitor at MW after Belfort is coming off of his impressive performance against Bones. Yeah, that was at LHW and not MW, but it gives Vitor a LOT of bonus points.

That doesn't mean it applies forever, Vitor may absolutely stink against Bisping and that erases the memory of the Bones fight and then some, but you've got to look at Vitor as dangerous right now considering he put the LHW champ in the tightest spot he's ever been in.

Did Dana really say "probably"?

Why "probably"? Belfort is the toughest guy in the division bar Silva, bar none. I know there are a lot of Weidman fans about but seriously, Belfort has had twice as many fights against the very best the last 16 years off MMA has had to offer. Weidman isn't even on the same page ... yet (i'll leave him the benefit of the doubt)
I dont thinjk he will like but if Bisping does beat Belfort he should absolutely get a title shot.

LMAO, that quote had me questioning if Hendo's super KO + elbow drop on Bisping was real. Yeah, it was real.

I don't think there's a bigger win, barring Anderson of course, than Vitor at MW after Belfort is coming off of his impressive performance against Bones. Yeah, that was at LHW and not MW, but it gives Vitor a LOT of bonus points.

That doesn't mean it applies forever, Vitor may absolutely stink against Bisping and that erases the memory of the Bones fight and then some, but you've got to look at Vitor as dangerous right now considering he put the LHW champ in the tightest spot he's ever been in.

He had one armbar attempt thats it. That was not an impressive performance.

Honestly, Silva HAS been getting noticably slower with his feet. And even if his hand speed wanes as well, his accuracy will save him.

That being said, I agree - I want Weidman v Silva ASAP so Weidman detractors/Silva crazies have less to bitch about.

I agree that his feet have looked slower but I don't think that is due to him declining physically, I think it was due to his gameplans against Bonnar and Sonnen, Anderson seems much better at defending takedowns with his back to the cage so he hasn't moved as much against those two because it helps him prevent the takedown, at least that is my take on why he wasn't moving as much against them.

Bisbing will pick apart Vitor, when he is not doing that he will take him down.
I expect a couple of times, Mike will get clipped and will get flustered though, but gets through it.
His cardio is prety good, 5 round fight..

UD for the count

dont see him beating Andy, but think he will have a better showing than most of Silvas last fights.
(thats not saying much)

Back