Michael Bisping Is Now In My Eyes One of the Great Middleweights

You cant be called one of the greats after you beat a fighter passed his prime. If that is the case, then there are a lot of greats around. I feel he could be a great for his longevity and amount of wins in middleweight but not for beating a fighter past his prime especially when you took the grunt of the damage.

Michael Bisping has been a MW staple for like almost 9 years. Future hall of famer.

You cant be called one of the greats after you beat a fighter passed his prime. If that is the case, then there are a lot of greats around. I feel he could be a great for his longevity and amount of wins in middleweight but not for beating a fighter past his prime especially when you took the grunt of the damage.
I understand. I feel the context of this win is special. To get that W... however contentious... through sheer grit, through adversity... this puts him over the top for me. Granted I've always picked against Bisping. But his record is solid. Wins over Silva, Cung Le, Sexyama, Leites, they add up. I was really impressed, what can I say.

First thread title on Sherdog that made me laugh out loud before I even clicked on it. And that's a lot of years into Sherdog. Thanks man.

well how many middleweights have wins over Anderson Silva? Weidman and Bisping

he's a legend, end of story
How many MWs fought 41 year-old, post-leg-break Anderson? Context matters dude. Anderson will rack up losses if he keeps fighting.

How many MWs fought 41 year-old, post-leg-break Anderson? Context matters dude. Anderson will rack up losses if he keeps fighting.
keep making excuses

Bisping beat Anderson Silva, end of story

Was never a Bisping fan but tonight he earned my respect, I thought Silva won but gutsy performance by Michael, great fight.

keep making excuses

Bisping beat Anderson Silva, end of story
I'm not making excuses, or even disputing the win. I'm simply pointing out the obvious. Did Bisping beat the Anderson that ruled the division for all those years? Of course not. And you know that.

well how many middleweights have wins over Anderson Silva? Weidman and Bisping

he's a legend, end of story

You forgot..

Yushin Okami
Daiju Takase
Ryo Chonan (WW)
Luiz Azeredo (LW)

I'm not making excuses, or even disputing the win. I'm simply pointing out the obvious. Did Bisping beat the Anderson that ruled the division for all those years? Of course not. And you know that.
could he have? we'll never know

but he beat the current version, and going by the damage the current version is still a bit of a bad ass

Give me a break. He might be "England's finest", but that's a pretty low bar.

Rashad Evans
Dan Henderson
Wanderlei Silva
Chael Sonnen
Vitor Belfort
Tim Kennedy
Luke Rockhold

He's got a big fat "J" on his forehead for journeyman.

You forgot..

Yushin Okami
Daiju Takase
Ryo Chonan (WW)
Luiz Azeredo (LW)
I was meaning in the UFC, I know Anderson has lost before that lol

could he have? we'll never know

but he beat the current version, and going by the damage the current version is still a bit of a bad ass
Well any knowledgeable fan can tell you that no, he could not have. But what we can say for an absolute fact is that he was never even able to make it to the point where we could find out. So it's irrelevant.

The current version is 41 years-old and hasn't won a fight in 3 1/2 years.

He's a plodder, journey man with a good chin. A 40+ yr old Silva danced around him, made him look like a 90 yr old.

nahh dude he proved that he's not a plodder tonight.

Belfort got ko'd by Anderson because he would block his head with his hands instead of stepping back and that didn't happen to Bisping tonight because he understands the value of distance control.

no plodder can keep that kind of pace against Anderson and not get ko'd.

Well any knowledgeable fan can tell you that no, he could not have. But what we can say for an absolute fact is that he was never even able to make it to the point where we could find out. So it's irrelevant.

The current version is 41 years-old and hasn't won a fight in 3 1/2 years.
those same knowledgable fans said he would lose tonight as well, so this conversation is pretty pointless

those same knowledgable fans said he would lose tonight as well, so this conversation is pretty pointless
Most agreed it depended on how Anderson looked, which was impossible to predict. Don't play stupid. If they fought in their primes(Bisping is not in his either) Anderson would've been a 10/1 favorite. There's a reason he was only 3/1 for this fight.

Most agreed it depended on how Anderson looked, which was impossible to predict. Don't play stupid. If they fought in their primes(Bisping is not in his either) Anderson would've been a 10/1 favorite. There's a reason he was only 3/1 for this fight.
that doesnt necessarily mean that the result wouldve been any different, styles make fights. Maybe Bisping is just a bad match up for Anderson's style

why dont you just quit hating and discrediting Bispings win?

Michael Bisping has been a MW staple for like almost 9 years. Future hall of famer.

Ranked in the Top 10 for almost all of it as well. Unprecedented and definitely a HOF worthy career.

Back