Michael Bisping Is Now In My Eyes One of the Great Middleweights

that doesnt necessarily mean that the result wouldve been any different, styles make fights. Maybe Bisping is just a bad match up for Anderson's style

why dont you just quit hating and discrediting Bispings win?
You're too emotionally invested in this to have an objective discussion. It's not hating to point out the obvious. The Anderson that Bisping beat is clearly a shell of his former self. If Bisping had fought Chris Camozzi tonight and lost would you be talking about what a big win it was for Chris, or pointing out that Bisping is 37 and past his prime?

You're too emotionally invested in this to have an objective discussion. It's not hating to point out the obvious. The Anderson that Bisping beat is clearly a shell of his former self. If Bisping had fought Chris Camozzi tonight and lost would you be talking about what a big win it was for Chris, or pointing out that Bisping is 37 and past his prime?
Id be saying thats a massive win for Camozzi. as Bisping usually dominates fighters of his calibre. I dont like to make assumptions, from what I seen tonight Anderson is still dangerous as fuck, its people that dont want to give Bisping credit that are saying that Anderson is past it etc

Id be saying thats a massive win for Camozzi. as Bisping usually dominates fighters of his calibre. I dont like to make assumptions, from what I seen tonight Anderson is still dangerous as fuck, its people that dont want to give Bisping credit that are saying that Anderson is past it etc
Anderson is certainly still dangerous, but he's declined significantly. Just to be clear of your position, do you think this win is basically just as meaningful as it would've been if it'd happened 5 years ago?

Anderson is certainly still dangerous, but he's declined significantly. Just to be clear of your position, do you think this win is basically just as meaningful as it would've been if it'd happened 5 years ago?
of course not, he's not champion. But its a massive win whichever way you look at it

Of course he is. It's unlikely he'll ever hold the belt, but the amount of time he's spent at the top of MW is very impressive.

of course not, he's not champion. But its a massive win whichever way you look at it
Well, I agree that it's a great win for him to add to his resume, I just don't see that it means all that much in the current MW landscape. Does it change how we see Bisping faring against the elites of his division? Does it truly raise his stock in any way? I don't see that it does. Great accomplishment for him though on a personal level.

I appears that Bisping lost some punching speed. Maybe it is age or him focusing more on NOT being hit instead of fully committing to the attack.
Nonetheless, Bisping has always had good hands and excellent body movement.
Great Fight!

Then you need to have your vision checked by a professional.

If he had a title shot earlier in his career he might have been champ.............................

keep making excuses

Bisping beat Anderson Silva, end of story

Bisping never won a number one contender fight. Never beat a top five opponent. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Bisping never won a number one contender fight. Never beat a top five opponent. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
well he did tonight, Anderson is ranked 5th

well he did tonight, Anderson is ranked 5th

Context matters dude, and that's nice.

He still beat an over-the hill champion who Bisping could never get near in his Prime.

Congrats to Bisping for the win but Bisping is still the same journeyman he was.

I've long considered Michael Bisping a good martial-artist. Maybe very good. Tonight I think we all witnessed him level up. I will never doubt Bisping's talents again.

I scored the fight a draw myself (I had the 4th round even) and anticipated Bisping getting the nod in London. I have no complaints really: both guys won in the overall scheme of things. That was an amazing display.

I say bring on Bisping-Romero or Bisping vs. the Belfort/Jacare winner. Maybe Silva vs. Gegard Mousasi?

Bisping is the definition of a journeyman.

He could have lost this fight and it wouldn't be a robbery.

The only thing remotely great-ish about his career is that is has some longevity.

Put the fucking pipe down, he gets slaughtered in any of those fights you mentioned.

Silva beat Nick Diaz after losing to Weidman, Silva still has enough skill to compete at the highest level. That kick knocked him back but it didn't knock him out I think you're speaking of the knee.

The WW who was on a two fight losing streak, and his best career win is paul daley? Silva boringly getting by him while on steroids, means he can now compete at the highest levels of MW a year later without steroids and turning 40?

lol..

Back