Media Michael Bisping Calls out Suredawgers.

Crazy Librarian

僕は神だ
Banned
Reaction score

"MMA fans, for some reason they are so fickle."

Not many interesting points in the interview, so no full notes.

“The 2019 run of Jorge Masvidal was incredible. He knocked out Darren Till. He knocked out Ben Askren and scored the quickest knockout ever in UFC history, and then beat down Nate Diaz (and) became the BMF. But then he lost three in a row."

“(He lost) two to Kamaru Usman, one to Colby Covington, and for some reason, MMA fans – they are so quick to write people off. They are so fickle. Granted, we are only as good as our last fight inside the octagon, but come on. He only lost to Kamaru and Colby, the two best fighters on the planet in welterweight until Leon Edwards came along.”

“The thing about Masvidal and the thing that everyone respects is that he’ll fight everybody,” Bisping said. “He will. He tried fighting me. He’s a natural fighter and he’s one of those guys that’s cut from that old-school mentality. He’s not an athlete, he’s not one of the best wrestlers, he’s not one of the best kickboxers – but he’s one of the best fighters. He has got fighter’s heart and mentality and brain. He’s as game as they come.”

I think MMA fans are citicizing Jorge more for his attitude in calling Burns pooosay while not accepting the fight, and sucker punching Colby after he lost rather than just because of his losing streaks.

What do my sherbros think?

Masvidal didn’t lose fans because they’re fickle; he lost fans because he lost decisively three times in a row, and was only humble in defeat once. Barking behind a keyboard and avoiding actual fights might work for some people (cough*Conor*cough), but it’s tough to take Masvidal seriously when he keeps losing one-sided fights yet acting like he’s the hardest dude out there.

And by the way, for those keeping score, he hasn’t won a fight in 3+ years.

“The 2019 run of Jorge Masvidal was incredible. He knocked out Darren Till. He knocked out Ben Askren and scored the quickest knockout ever in UFC history, and then beat down Nate Diaz (and) became the BMF. But then he lost three in a row."

“(He lost) two to Kamaru Usman, one to Colby Covington, and for some reason, MMA fans – they are so quick to write people off. They are so fickle. Granted, we are only as good as our last fight inside the octagon, but come on. He only lost to Kamaru and Colby, the two best fighters on the planet in welterweight until Leon Edwards came along.”

“The thing about Masvidal and the thing that everyone respects is that he’ll fight everybody,” Bisping said. “He will. He tried fighting me. He’s a natural fighter and he’s one of those guys that’s cut from that old-school mentality. He’s not an athlete, he’s not one of the best wrestlers, he’s not one of the best kickboxers – but he’s one of the best fighters. He has got fighter’s heart and mentality and brain. He’s as game as they come.”

I think MMA fans are citicizing Jorge more for his attitude in calling Burns pooosay while not accepting the fight, and sucker punching Colby after he lost rather than just because of his losing streaks.

Bisping trying to brow-beat us into supporting Masvidal is not working , and will only back fire.
Bisping even sounds disingenuous here as he tries to support to Masvidal.
we do not owe masvidal our support, just like he doesn’t owe us the fans any fights.

Here is Sherdog’s take:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/why-did-fans-turn-on-masvidal.4209305/

Last edited:
Tbf while Jorge has only lost to two of the top guys who are very difficult matchups for him in his current losing streak, he hasn't won since 2019(three years ago) and overall hasn't been that active since then.
He was very good when he's on point, but now at 38 years old with a ton of career mileage I doubt he has much for the top ten anymore.

The reasons Leon and Burns want that fight is because it brings money, attention and it's an easier matchup compared to who else is at the top.
Jorge only wants to fight Leon because he has the belt now(pretty much begged him for that fight after the Usman win) and Burns because that'll most likely lead to him getting another TS with a win there.

Last edited:
Bisping is a clickbait merchant, he's worse than Chael he sounds like he's just reading a script some intern wrote for him on whatever topic is in the MMA headlines.

He's right. Losing to Usman and Colby is not really a diss, most fighters in the division would lose to them as well. He just made the mistake of losing too many fights in a row. He strategically needed to put a W in there somewhere to keep his hype going. It's hard to keep the hype and attention of the casuals if they keep tuning in to a loss. 2 losses max and you need a W. He needed to study Conor's career trajectory more. He shouldn't have done the Colby fight before getting a W, he should've fought a more favorable match-up first.

Most fans aren't really fans of the fighters in general or of the martial arts, they are just fans of seeing people getting beat down and they fancy they are part of the beat down if they add to it with their own perceived verbal beatdowns of the guys who got beat down, or they want to see beat down. They see the fighter more as a conduit for their own emotions, rather than actually a real person.

Last edited:
If Khabib or Jones lost 1 match they would be 'never was good anyways'. People still bring up GSP losing to Serra even after he mauled Serra in the rematch.

Beating Till, Askren and Diaz is not that impressive in hindsight to be fair.

Till is hasn't won in 30 years, Askren got knocked out by a youtuber and Diaz while fun to watch is the definition of a journeyman.

Bisping can relate because he is a an overachieving journeyman himself.

Nothing wrong with it, but it is what it is.

He's right. Losing to Usman and Colby is not really a diss, most fighters in the division would lose to them as well. He just made the mistake of losing too many fights in a row. He strategically needed to put a W in there somewhere to keep his hype going. It's hard to keep the hype and attention of the casuals if they keep tuning in to a loss. 2 losses max and you need a W. He needed to study Conor's career trajectory more. He shouldn't have done the Colby fight before getting a W, he should've fought a more favorable match-up first.

If I'm Jorge I'm looking at Luque as a winnable stylistic fight.

Beating Till, Askren and Diaz is not that impressive in hindsight to be fair.

Till is hasn't won in 30 years, Askren got knocked out by a youtuber and Diaz while fun to watch is the definition of a journeyman.

Bisping can relate because he is a an overachieving journeyman himself.

Nothing wrong with it, but it is what it is.

People on Sherdog really have no idea what a journeyman is.

I love Bisping but I always laugh at how hard he shills

Does the UFC have anyone on their payroll who is not a total shill?

1. I don't think he will fight everybody. And Bisping's point about Jorge trying to fight a one eyed man doesn't add credibility.

2. Bisping talked about Askren getting beat by Jorge. Askren had already retired once before the fight happened and had a bad career after the fight happened.

3. Bisping talked about the Till knockout, but Till hasn't exactly been that relevant of a fighter in recent years.

4. The Nate win was tarnished by the stoppage and was more hype than quality.

5. It wasn't just the sucker punch from Jorge, but the fact that he had 25 minutes to do whatever he wanted before that. He got beat and then acted like a bum afterwards.

There's nothing fickle about MMA fans in this case. But, Bisping is failing as an analyst with those kind of comments.

People on Sherdog really have no idea what a journeyman is.
Maybe Bisping is a gatekeeper, Mas and Nate are good but they have two dozen losses between them.

Who would you say is a popular or famous journeymen in MMA?

Askren - 8 out of 10 Askren wrestles him. Great KO, but come on... is not something you can do once in a while
Till - Till can easily be 0-6, if you discount his Wboy and Gas wins
Nate - Nate would lose badly to all ranked WWs

Great finishes, but it's not like he finished the top guys at WW. He didn't finish Wboy!

Now, given the fact that WW is full of wrestlers and good strikers, and given the fact that Masvidal is kind of old, yeah, I write him off...

Nothing is sure, but Usman, Colby and Wboy already beat him badly. Shavkat and Chimaev can grapple him easily. Same for Belal & Burns. Neal & Luque are top strikers, both young and in shape.

So, you have Chiesa, Brady, Magny, Pereira and D-Rod... and I think he losses to some of these guys too

Maybe Bisping is a gatekeeper, Mas and Nate are good but they have two dozen losses between them.

Who would you say is a popular or famous journeymen in MMA?

Pretty sure Bisping is a retired, former champ, bud.

Well, he's certainly not a can.
But since the american justice system is what it is, and probably won't lay out a case against Boi Jorge for the next 5 years, we, the people, have to give some sort of feedback to show that such behavior is unacceptable.
Besides that, 'journeyman' seems a decent enought description of his mma career. I feel like he's in a way in a similar state of mind as Jon Jones regarding competition. He fights out of greed. That's where I disagree with Mikey Mike. He's got a fighters heart only to the degree that he does not enjoy getting beat up and refuses to give up. But there's that on one side and on the other side there's guys who will actually go forward no matter what and show an unbreakable will to win, like Geathje, Islam or Felder. I hope the difference is understandable.

So to sum it up: No he doesn't suck, but he's not a great fighter either, plus major personality flaws.
So probably still a home run for UFC events in Florida, until he's 45.

Back