Crime Miami: kids set off fireworks, police thinknit is shooting, internet decides it is 8 foot aliens

PBAC

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The take away is one bit of miscommunication leading to another leading to others creating an irrational theory not remotely grounded in reality to spread rumours and sow more cover-up stories. The guy who originally started the rumours admitted he was joking and now there are others taking it seriously. This is another example of how things like q anon and the flat earth theory started.

The teens were setting off fireworks, which led to a panic as some assumed there was a shooting, said Miami Police Department public information officer Michael Vega. Four teens were arrested.

Police were dispatched “for crowd control due to the juveniles refusing to leave,” Vega said in an email to NBC News. “Some businesses were temporarily closed to allow us to clear the area.”

In the days after the incident, users on social media launched a speculation frenzy, homing in on what they described as “Miami Mall Aliens.” Some suggested police were responding to aliens, not teenagers. Several people reviewed video of the incident circulating online and claimed they could see an alien figure in the grainy footage. Others quickly posted memes.

Last edited:
I've seen some "alien" vids about this and I smell a smell. I can tell when it's fake or not.
This time we have some cgi type manipulations.

No possible way they thought it was a shooting in progress and responded accordingly.

How do we know it wasn't really aliens and they're not ridiculing the idea as a cover up. <seedat>

Happened in Florida so probably was a wild big foot on the loose again, this tends to happen occasionally.

Where's the evidence that the rumour came from this guy who claims "he started it and it was a joke", and where is the interview of him coming out about the whole thing.

And why is there not footage of the kids fighting when it was a big enough deal to get 100 police cars sent down.

Just curious, as I don't trust the media at all.

Anything, ANYTHING, to do with this kind of thing that has been proven to be credible, they have the same trivialise with 'little green men in flying saucer', coupled with disinformation (it was a weather balloon, etc), playbook response.

Although I've never heard anything as wild as this; for sure most likely total BS, but curious to where the actual proof is re kids fighting & a guy who is proclaimed to be the instigator of the "conspiracy", actually evidenced as making the first posts on it.

Where's the evidence that the rumour came from this guy who claims "he started it and it was a joke", and where is the interview of him coming out about the whole thing.

And why is there not footage of the kids fighting when it was a big enough deal to get 100 police cars sent down.

Just curious, as I don't trust the media at all.

Anything, ANYTHING, to do with this kind of thing that has been proven to be credible, they have the same trivialise with 'little green men in flying saucer', coupled with disinformation (it was a weather balloon, etc), playbook response.

Although I've never heard anything as wild as this; for sure most likely total BS, but curious to where the actual proof is re kids fighting & a guy who is proclaimed to be the instigator of the "conspiracy", actually evidenced as making the first posts on it.
The lack of footage is weird, ill give this that much

Back