Mexican Gloves - Review

Nice!!! After trying a lot of MX made gloves, I don't like Reyes as much anymore. Curious to hear what other gloves lovers think.
Reyes have excellent leather and I love the look of the glove. Even after a couple hundred rounds in mine, they still didn't sit right.

Fight gloves are perfect

Yeah, I'd always aspired to a pair of Reyes. Finally got some, persisted with them for over a year, probably 400 rounds...and they always made my hands ache. Just felt off.
Much prefer the New Sporting, Gil, Zepol, Everlast MX and Campeon gloves I've got.

Not being able to break in Reyes after over a year of use is a running meme at my gym.

I got a custom pair of New Sporting a few months ago. The metallic purple over the striking surface has looked like it was dulling from the 1st or 2nd session and both of the labels came off the first week. My biggest issue is that it's kind of hard to make a fist. It's like the foam doesn't want to bend for a fist - it tries to lay more straight. Does anyone know if the padding on New Sporting starts to shape? Or get easier to make a fist? Out of the box they were the nicest gloves I've ever gotten, and my opinion dropped off amazingly quick.

Heylo,

I finally pull the trigger on a pair of Angeles in MX color. Will do an initial impression + review of the gloves. I'm pretty excited about them as they seem nothing like the GiL, Campeon, NS, Classic, Reyes, and Boxeo that I have

PXL_20220615_061304082.jpg Mind if I post my review here? Salvador 14oz HF training gloves
Finally put a couple of hundred rounds on these on bags/pads.

Pros:
- Padding is great, no degradation it feels like.
- Punch impact feels great, definitely a feedback oriented glove but protective enough to let big punches go
- Thumbs are comfortable, break in took a while longer than expecting, but thumbs are great.
- Wrist support is nice, padding either side provides a nice firm fit for me
- Cuff is right length for me
- Wrist cinches up nicely at the hinge point
- Profile is relatively compact

Cons:
- Grip bar is strangely long. Where the split in the palm is, the grip bar wraps around the side of the hand.
- Liner in the finger tip durability is bad. On the left glove, a hole has been worn by my middle finger and is growing with every round. Probably not going to affect the glove, but its fairly annoying.

View attachment 927918 Mind if I post my review here? Salvador 14oz HF training gloves
Finally put a couple of hundred rounds on these on bags/pads.

Pros:
- Padding is great, no degradation it feels like.
- Punch impact feels great, definitely a feedback oriented glove but protective enough to let big punches go
- Thumbs are comfortable, break in took a while longer than expecting, but thumbs are great.
- Wrist support is nice, padding either side provides a nice firm fit for me
- Cuff is right length for me
- Wrist cinches up nicely at the hinge point
- Profile is relatively compact

Cons:
- Grip bar is strangely long. Where the split in the palm is, the grip bar wraps around the side of the hand.
- Liner in the finger tip durability is bad. On the left glove, a hole has been worn by my middle finger and is growing with every round. Probably not going to affect the glove, but its fairly annoying.
Those gloves are pretty sweet. How's the pop?
Also, how absorbent is the lining?

Those gloves are pretty sweet. How's the pop?
Also, how absorbent is the lining?
Pop is great. Really able to concentrate on hitting with the 2 knuckles.

Lining on the back of the hand is great. I had them on about 1.5 hours on Tuesday night and didn't feel too hot or wet. Just the tip on the fingertips is annoying.

Pop is great. Really able to concentrate on hitting with the 2 knuckles.

Lining on the back of the hand is great. I had them on about 1.5 hours on Tuesday night and didn't feel too hot or wet. Just the tip on the fingertips is annoying.
Great review!!!!
I've been hiding for a while this place makes my impulse buy urge go nuts....but I've had a custom pair on order from Nick and he posted them on his Instagram today! So as soon as I'm home (2 weeks) they'll be waiting for me and I'll do another first impression review!!!

Have any of you guys tried Baja Duran gloves from Tijuana?

CSquared did a review of them a few months ago but they don't seem to respond to FB or Insta messages. Sort of an old school Mexican company approach to customer service, I think...

Great review!!!!
I've been hiding for a while this place makes my impulse buy urge go nuts....but I've had a custom pair on order from Nick and he posted them on his Instagram today! So as soon as I'm home (2 weeks) they'll be waiting for me and I'll do another first impression review!!!
Any news?

Salvador
20220907_133209.jpg
It's been a long long time since I've posted an inital review but I did say I'd do it (although late). I'll be honest I've stepped away a bit from this forum.
Once I'm settled I'll do a few more hands on reviews from actual use of the glove....just need to get my home gym/bar set up...why not have a beer after a few rounds on the bags!!!

Enough blabbing.

I purchased these globes from Nick at @Salvador during one of his sales!
These are the HF gloves - Horsehair and foam!! Custom obviously as you all know I like a few funky colours.
The lead time on these where approx 8-12 weeks which states on the website and was to be expected. They are custom pair, made in Mexico and was purchased when there was a sale on ontop of that Nick obviously as orders coming out his ass form amateurs and glove nerds as well as suppling gloves for pro fights so a 8-12 week turn around I think is fair.
Communications from Nick was second to none, I was torn between green or purple on the cuff and he assured me green would be fine so went with it and he said if I required any amendments let him know.
He even apologised for a delay with the shipping which was was out if his hands and I still received them before the original 12 weeks. So getting gloves direct from a manufacturer, definitely my best experience and amswerd any questions.

Onto the glove these are 16oz latex and foam Salvadors - the HF salvadors have 2 layers of latex foam compressing the horsehair making it potentially as durable as a standard latex glove and it also holds the horsehair in place to avoid any low spots (stop your knuckles coming through). Obviously this is dependent on how hard you punch as each gloves breakdown differently from each person, I'm sure some of you guys who already have a pair can answer the question on the durability of the HF gloves.

First impression obviously same as always the smell but straight out the box you can see how well these are made. The stitching is so neat and thick, leather is if high quality and perfectly cut. There isn't any imperfection on the stitching like on the campeons or indents like the goat leather on the boxeo. There's a few pen lines and paint splatters but honesty that's because I've been sat here looking at them for the past 10 minutes, looking for imperfections. These are probably the best quality mexican gloves I own, regardless of what i pcked up on the visual inspection/checks, even the colour work on the gloves is amazing. Hats off to whoever manufactured these, as the craftsmanship is spot on.
The stitching is double stitched for that extra security you have 4 air holes on the thumb but none on the palm so could get a bit sweaty but I'd expect the lining and horsehair will wick some of that away....potential become heavier if sweaty or in humid conditions, I'm unsure and on that note I've not checked the weight yet but I'll update this shortly.
The cosmetic issues which i did pick up aren't issues, there are a few pen marks - minor I know, a few air pockets in the salvador print which in time will come off....like reyes and few splatters of paint/ink, I'll show you on pictures but it is definitely not something I'd complain about or deter me from buying these gloves.

Now the fit and feel - the lining inside is top quality, you don't have that generic rough feel like you do other Mexican gloves, it's soft and supple. The grip bar is perfect and you can make a nice tight solid fist and the thumb position is absolutely fine, but again I have no issues with thumb position in mexican or standard gloves. The hand compartment with wraps on fantastic, it fits like a NS glove in all honesty, it's just right for me and you can tell straight away a few good sessions on the back the inside will mould to your first.
One thing to note with these glove is it isn't as stiff or rigid as some of the other Mexican made gloves that layer of horse hair makes it fairly supple and it's really easy to make a fist so wont take a lot to break in. Wrist protections is top quality again, it keeps your wrist solid and when your hitting a bag it makes a lovely sound!! Best noise out the lot.

Up to now these are up there with my classics, I think my classics pip the 1st spot not because classics are better, quality wise, these salvadors are better, classics are just what I personally look for in a glove. These gloves are very much like NS and probably closest to them out of all the gloves just a tad slimmer in reagrds to the profile but if I was just chose NS or Salvadors....Salvadors everyday of the week

(I'll get some better pictures soon - image size is too high so my NS comparison picture haven't uploaded )

Attachments

• 20220907_133209.jpg
    20220907_133209.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 20220907_133236.jpg
    20220907_133236.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 20220907_133241.jpg
    20220907_133241.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20220907_133313.jpg
    20220907_133313.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • 20220907_133236.jpg
    20220907_133236.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 20220907_133241.jpg
    20220907_133241.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20220907_133313.jpg
    20220907_133313.jpg
    810.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220907_133356.jpg
    20220907_133356.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Screenshot_20220909-145254_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220909-145258_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220909-145312_Gallery.jpggot these. They're the Salvador pro fight gloves with a Velcro strap. Very nice gloves. Super strong leather smell

Honestly putting them on initially I thought they were gonna be shit. But after a day of breaking them in they immediately felt great

Knuckle and wrist protection is better then I thought it would be

Overall they're some of the best gloves I've used

Feel somewhat similar to the 1v1 peacemakers. Knuckle protection isn't quite as good. Better wrist protection. Overall I like the 360 strap a fair bit

Very good thumb, nice shape and flat punch surface

Does anyone know if Boxeo Torres Medina gloves are still being made and where to buy?

I have a pair of 14 oz that I bought when they first came on the scene and absolutely LOVE these gloves. Still in excellent shape. Would like to get a new pair in 16 oz for sparring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back