Mexican Gloves - Review

Angeles - Premium Line:

These bad boys are in a special blue that they don't typically carry. I was bummed at first because I really wanted the glossy navy they posted on their IG (super sexy). That all changed when I received them and I realized they're the exact same blue as the glossy parts of my Nike Machomai's, f yeah! They look great together.

According to Valeria the main difference between the Classic and Premium line are slightly different filling/padding (rellenos in Spanish directly translates to filling), the Angeles cursive stamp, a slightly smoother hand pocket and thumb (see cast like comments from the Classic line review), and the option for triple cuff, which I meant to ask for, but I forgot to with all the leather confusion.

Though the hand compartment and thumb do still have some of that semi cast feel, I do feel that is slightly dulled in the premiums. I want to reiterate from the classics review that I don't think this will effect performance because I'm not even sure I'll be able to feel this through my wraps, but I will definitely update you guys in my in depth review.

I'd also like to add that I may have undersold the liner in the classics line review (premium is the same liner), but it's the best out of all of the made in Mexico brands I've personally tried, including New Sporting. That said, I can't speak for third party Mexican glove resellers like Salvador, Russian Boxer, Bryant Boxing, etc. As I've never tried them.

Premiums have the same semi-floppy wrist, but again, I don't think this will effect wrist support since the wrist is very well padded. Hand pocket is also identical, other than it has slightly less of that semi cast feel. The glossy leather is really nice and is softer and feels slightly thicker than the one from the Classic line.

Overall thoughts? I love them, these are definitely keepers, won't ever get rid of them. Can't wait to spar the little hard asses that use Cleto with them. They look absolutely amazing, and feel pretty good on my hands (which I suspect will only improve as I break them in). As you can see from the initial review, there is no reason to purchase the classic line, the premium line is better and only $5 USD more.

Price: $1700 (gloves) + $900 (FedEx shipping) = ~$130USD

My gawd... I want a pair now, especially at that price. Do I need to speak fluent Spanish or will Google translate work? Would love go have a pair in metallic purple of the premium Angeles line

Hey guys just wanted let you know about a new Mexican glove supplier for US customers, who's been treating me right. So far I've ordered 3 pairs of gloves from him flawlessly. One latex pair of New Sporting, one Horse hair and foam pair of New Sporting, and a pair of Casanova.

Best part for me is what you see is what you get, taxes and shipping already included in the price. Not sure of he's still running his promotion on Angeles(I'll ask), but Campeon10 and Newsporting20 will get you 10 and 20% off Campeon and New Sporting respectively.

As far as Mexican brands go, he carries:
-New Sporting
-Casanova
-Classics
-Campeon
-Angeles
-Lopez (1 pair arm)
And sometimes he even stocks Boxeo TM

He also carries a large array of Thai glove brand's at some of the best prices I've seen in the US. Note that if the gloves are under $100 you won't qualify for free shipping, but I doubt you'll just take one pair.

On a side note Dylan Salvador, a newly signed UFC fighter and former Kickboxing champion is a part owner, so these guys understand the need for quality equipment.

The shop is called fighters boutique and they operate out of Atlanta, GA here in the US.
https://fightersboutique.com/
https://fightersboutique.com/collections/boutique-gloves

***Forgot to add that sometimes he carries mitts and other items, not just gloves.
That's ok, I rather order from TheBoxingCollector

Wife just told me that my Bryant Boxing Imperials just arrived!!!
Gonna drop some photos latest tomorrow!

Back