Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I totally agree with PChop, the padding is pretty evenly distributed. People that have been reading my reviews/post know that I absolutely hate too much padding. Boxeos are definitely near the top. Yeah I'd say the gloves need a good 30-35 rounds to loosen up. Really fast break in period imo.

About the thumb it was weird I never had stiff padding around the thumb before. I basically just deep massaged the leather after working out to break in the thumb while I was watching TV. After that it came out pretty damn soft.

Again if you cant decide between zepol and Boxeo, go Boxeo.

There is actually padding near the finger tips which is what Zepol lacked.

I felt the craftsmanship on Boxeo was also moderately better.

Padding on Boxeo is immensely better

Thumb placement on Boxeo was slightly better for me.

Wrist padding on Boxeo I felt was better.

Wrist support is roughly the same

I felt the Black on was better on the Boxeos, but not the silver I got from Zepol. I felt Zepols silver was sweet.

Leather wise, I think the Zepols may be better, but this time im speculating maybe Juan can chime in on that.

I feel if you cant decide between the 2 (Zepol and Boxeo), Boxeos are a better buy.

Vs Reyes, I feel if you want a more protective glove but dont mind giving up a little bit better wrist support (or Velcro), double stitching, moderate craftmanship go Boxeo.

If you want more of a punchers glove and the utmost superior craftsmanship stick to Reyes.

Yeah I totally agree with PChop, the padding is pretty evenly distributed. People that have been reading my reviews/post know that I absolutely hate too much padding. Boxeos are definitely near the top. Yeah I'd say the gloves need a good 30-35 rounds to loosen up. Really fast break in period imo.

About the thumb it was weird I never had stiff padding around the thumb before. I basically just deep massaged the leather after working out to break in the thumb while I was watching TV. After that it came out pretty damn soft.

Again if you cant decide between zepol and Boxeo, go Boxeo.

There is actually padding near the finger tips which is what Zepol lacked.

I felt the craftsmanship on Boxeo was also moderately better.

Padding on Boxeo is immensely better

Thumb placement on Boxeo was slightly better for me.

Wrist padding on Boxeo I felt was better.

Wrist support is roughly the same

I felt the Black on was better on the Boxeos, but not the silver I got from Zepol. I felt Zepols silver was sweet.

Leather wise, I think the Zepols may be better, but this time im speculating maybe Juan can chime in on that.

I feel if you cant decide between the 2 (Zepol and Boxeo), Boxeos are a better buy.

Vs Reyes, I feel if you want a more protective glove but dont mind giving up a little bit better wrist support (or Velcro), double stitching, moderate craftmanship go Boxeo.

If you want more of a punchers glove and the utmost superior craftsmanship stick to Reyes.
Thanks for that info...you almost gave it away too...

Nah man, just a teaser, but to be honest you guys wont be shocked. Lemme just say this... youve seen em before.

LOL fair enough...I think i know what it is already! Good analysis...

When you say you don't like gloves with too much padding...would you say that the protection seems like a lot to you but might not be for guys who have used winning or really really like having good protection?

Nah, the protection is definately very very very good. It does not equate to winning. I dont think anything does.

Ok, without offending anyone.... the order in MY personal experience of Glove usage regarding PROTECTION ONLY. Again, I havent used every damn glove on the planet so dont say Strato, you left out X brand.

1. Winning
2. Bills
3. Boxeo
4. Fighting Sports S2
5. Protex 2 (Even though I hated them their level of protection i never disputed)

Thanks for that info, I should really give Bill more credit...I don't remember who told me something about them that made me start assuming they were not even gloves to consider when clearly I'm in the wrong following that advice. However, this is a mexican boxing thread, so i'll leave it at that. Great info strato, as always.

Reyes Overall is still by far my all time favorite.
Everything about them I love.
Protection isnt the best, but far from the worst. (But i love the feedback)
Craftsmanship superb.
Stitching is ridiculously awesome.
Thing is it doesnt just stop at the gloves, I Love the headgear, the no foul, and the gloves.
Leather is the best Ive dealt with period.

Now I just need some reyes bags :)

Reyes Overall is still by far my all time favorite.
Everything about them I love.
Protection isnt the best, but far from the worst. (But i love the feedback)
Craftsmanship superb.
Stitching is ridiculously awesome.
Thing is it doesnt just stop at the gloves, I Love the headgear, the no foul, and the gloves.
Leather is the best Ive dealt with period.

Now I just need some reyes bags :)

Do you own a gym? Or do you also have a home gym or something lol

Home Gym,

Heavybag stand with speedbag mount (I did some customization myself), double end bag setup, situp/pushup mat, and gym timer.

I just moved to Mississippi, but I used to have 2 boxing gym memberships in Washington (I just moved at the end of June 2013). 1 soley for sparring and the other to do workout/sparring/mitts.

yeah getting settled in, once the wife gets a job Ill be joining another boxing gym.

yeah getting settled in, once the wife gets a job Ill be joining another boxing gym.

I might be leaving my gym to try and find another...very few options where i live is the problem. The only reason i'm still at this one is despite having a popped speedbag and a double end bag held on a bungie cord is because no other gym has a speedbag or double end. If one pops up that does...i'm out of this one.

Yeah my last gym didnt have a double end at all.

Question for Juan, How are Reyes Mitts?

Nah, the protection is definately very very very good. It does not equate to winning. I dont think anything does.

Ok, without offending anyone.... the order in MY personal experience of Glove usage regarding PROTECTION ONLY. Again, I havent used every damn glove on the planet so dont say Strato, you left out X brand.

1. Winning
2. Bills
3. Boxeo
4. Fighting Sports S2
5. Protex 2 (Even though I hated them their level of protection i never disputed)

May I ask what padding you had in Bill's gloves? I just got back an inquiry email from Grant and its like $349 for velcro gloves and $400 for the cobalt blue ones. Thats A BIT MUCH!!!! F-ing crazy more like it. Hearing Bill gloves give good protection I am quite interested. Thank you.

I realize this will come off as random, but, I was watching Rocky 2 and saw the guy in the ring wearing Los dos MM foul protector.

"Can't you think of anything tougher to say than oops?" -the guy wearing the yellow mitts.

The kid micky is training also hitting a Los Dos MM punching bag. The kid rocky shows how to "Snarl"

Too bad no one continued the brand.

I realize this will come off as random, but, I was watching Rocky 2 and saw the guy in the ring wearing Los dos MM foul protector.

"Can't you think of anything tougher to say than oops?" -the guy wearing the yellow mitts.

The kid micky is training also hitting a Los Dos MM punching bag. The kid rocky shows how to "Snarl"

Too bad no one continued the brand.

Boxeo and Zepol worked at "Las Dos Emes" MM
Welted seam of boxeo gloves has been inherited from
MM

Juan which leather is better boxeo or zepol?

It is a taste matter
Zepol cow soft leather
Boxeo goat a little more hard leather
MM was goat soft leather

My taste it is soft goat leather like the black one used by Boxeo.

Saludos

Campeon headgear pictures coming tomorrow.

Boxing Classics cup coming next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back