Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ok so you would want hard for the bag and soft for sparring so basically for bag work and such a light oz zepol like 10 would be bad because its soft...? Interesting...

It's a matter of preference.

On both ends of the spectrum (too soft or too dense) you will have the result of something hard making contact with your sparring partner. It will either be your knuckles when it is too soft, or the dense padding when it is too hard.

Personally I prefer sparring gloves to be softer, not so soft that my knuckles will break through but just soft enough so I can throw harder without feeling bad.

For bag and mitt work, I prefer more dense padding.

Oh ok so you would want hard for the bag and soft for sparring so basically for bag work and such a light oz zepol like 10 would be bad because its soft...? Interesting...

personal preference.

I Enjoy softer gloves like winning for the bag and denser gloves like Reyes for sparring. imf feels weird on the bag and mitts for me.

I Enjoy softer gloves like winning for the bag and denser gloves like Reyes for sparring. imf feels weird on the bag and mitts for me.

Agreed. Though there is a lot of different IMF beside Ringside, some softer (bayfill) I quite like on a bag.

Hey guys,

Anyone have any idea the name of this font?

529109_437006139726558_339466974_n.jpg

How about you ask Grant themselves. Sweet looking font though

How about you ask Grant themselves. Sweet looking font though

Yea, thought about that but didn't think they would message me back unless I was ordering from them.

Juan found a similar font called "Brush Script MT" in case anyone's interested :)

Haha! They are beautiful. Just ordered a pair of Zepols like this from Juan only yellow where the grants are blue and black where the grants are white :)

post a review when you get them, I am going to be ordering some Zepols off of Juan at some point too. Not sure of color scheme yet though, Grant posted some sick Blue/Orange gloves a few weeks ago, thinking about doing that (Gator Fan)

I ordered a pair of Zepols myself! I'm very eager to get them.

post a review when you get them, I am going to be ordering some Zepols off of Juan at some point too. Not sure of color scheme yet though, Grant posted some sick Blue/Orange gloves a few weeks ago, thinking about doing that (Gator Fan)

Yessir, will definitely do so once I've given them some use. Do the Zepols in your avatar not belong to you? I saw some purple, black and white ones that were beautiful .

I ordered a pair of Zepols myself! I'm very eager to get them.

I know the feeling bud! What colour?

I went with black glove with silver palms and silver lining around the cuff :)

I went with black glove with silver palms and silver lining around the cuff :)

Post some pictures if you can when you get them, would love to see that.

Not sure if someone already posted these but found them on Zepol's facebook page. So sexy!

537517_342312789200798_1932378960_n.jpg

Will do! Those zepols are sexy as hell!

Last edited:
I'll await both your reviews...very curious here...what sizes were your orders on the gloves? 10, 12, 14, 16oz? And what purpose will you use them for?

Does anybody think Zepol is better than Reyes? and how the better glove compares to Bill's gloves?

Does anybody think Zepol is better than Reyes? and how the better glove compares to Bill's gloves?

I just got a pair of 16oz Zepols, and I own Reyes in 12, 14, and 16oz. I can tell you that Reyes gloves are of much higher quality than Zepol gloves without a doubt. I really like my Zepols though, they're sharp looking and comfortable. With that said, if you're comparing the two, Reyes wins every time.

I also want to add that working with Juan was a fantastic experience. I've honestly never had better customer service in my life. He's a great man and an absolute asset to the community. I have zero regrets and I fully expect to do a lot more business with him in the future.

Yessir, will definitely do so once I've given them some use. Do the Zepols in your avatar not belong to you? I saw some purple, black and white ones that were beautiful .

I know the feeling bud! What colour?

I wish they were mine, thinking of going with a similar combo though. I love them, so I put them for my avatar.

I just got a pair of 16oz Zepols, and I own Reyes in 12, 14, and 16oz. I can tell you that Reyes gloves are of much higher quality than Zepol gloves without a doubt. I really like my Zepols though, they're sharp looking and comfortable. With that said, if you're comparing the two, Reyes wins every time.

I also want to add that working with Juan was a fantastic experience. I've honestly never had better customer service in my life. He's a great man and an absolute asset to the community. I have zero regrets and I fully expect to do a lot more business with him in the future.

are Reyes really too hard for sparring???? That is my concern, as I need some new sparring gloves and wanted Zepols

The way I've been starting to think of it...if Zepol was better...we'd see the pros using zepol in the ring...not cleto reyes..even JMM in all his training vids...he's using cleto reyes...not zepol...granted JMM is sponsored by CR i believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back