Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the 1st day of using mine one there was a tiny chip in the white fist area. It was grey underneath. Nothing after that. I used some leather conditioner and it helped for sure. Nothing major that would cause me to send it back for repainting yet. I use these JC's for heavy bag work and drills.

On another note, anyone use these for sparring? How did their partner react?

I have 18oz zepol so there is plenty of padding. my last sparing partner didn't mention anything at all

After the 1st day of using mine one there was a tiny chip in the white fist area. It was grey underneath. Nothing after that. I used some leather conditioner and it helped for sure. Nothing major that would cause me to send it back for repainting yet. I use these JC's for heavy bag work and drills.

On another note, anyone use these for sparring? How did their partner react?

They do hit hard, I used them once for sparring and my partner said I hit like an anvil (and I was only throwing 80%), but since I hit hard and I will be hiding behind a facebar, I decided, today actually, to use softer sparring specific gloves, so right now my JCs are hanging up in my room with my Shevlins.

They do hit hard, I used them once for sparring and my partner said I hit like an anvil (and I was only throwing 80%), but since I hit hard and I will be hiding behind a facebar, I decided, today actually, to use softer sparring specific gloves, so right now my JCs are hanging up in my room with my Shevlins.

Hi Big.

Anything You want to improve in JC

I would do a thicker softer pad, maybe a dual layer pad with a softer outer layer, the current pad is about 1" thick, and kind of bottoms out; since the foam is a little softer after break in, my middle knuckle comes through the pad a bit, so the pad bottoms out transferring the full force to my sparring partner.

Hmmm. Thats not good news. I ordered a pair of 18oz with the intent of sparring....Have not received them yet.

so do they offer good protection? because if your knuckle is coming through the padding that seems contrary to some of the reviews so far

so do they offer good protection? because if your knuckle is coming through the padding that seems contrary to some of the reviews so far

Ya hand protection is good, what I mean is that when I make a fist my knuckle pushes into the foam; because the pad is a hard latex it does not absorb much of the impact, but it is soft enough to protect your hand while transfering the impact into what you are hitting. Like the super bouncy balls we played with as kids, if that makes sense.

I would comapare them with bag gloves, they protect your hands properly, but they are too hard to for sparring, because the padding cannot absorb the impact.

Last edited:
Just a little video I did to compare the padding of the JCs to my Lemarrs and Rivals.

I would do a thicker softer pad, maybe a dual layer pad with a softer outer layer, the current pad is about 1" thick, and kind of bottoms out; since the foam is a little softer after break in, my middle knuckle comes through the pad a bit, so the pad bottoms out transferring the full force to my sparring partner.

Hi Big.

I talked to PAcheco and he will add a softer outer layer pad and increase maybe to 1 1/4 " .

Saludos

Hi Big.

I talked to PAcheco and he will add a softer outer layer pad and increase maybe to 1 1/4 " .

Saludos

Sounds good, if he needs someone to test them out, he can send me a pair. :icon_chee

just got my 10 oz from juan and man the are sweet. did a bit of pad work with them and could feel the pop of the gloves but still very protected

JC and Zepol gloves seem to get higher score compared to other mexican brands.
So which one is better between JC and Zepol in terms of comfort and quality(stitching&lining)? And are they suitable for bag work or sparring? Thanks in advance.

Received my order from Juan. Can recommend his service to all,a pleasure to do business with.

JC and Zepol gloves seem to get higher score compared to other mexican brands.
So which one is better between JC and Zepol in terms of comfort and quality(stitching&lining)? And are they suitable for bag work or sparring? Thanks in advance.

I have gloves by both makers so I'll give you my thoughts on how they compare to one another.

Build quality -
Both makers have good quality stitching and leather. The leather on the Zepol gloves is soft and supple, much like the leather of a Winning glove. The JC Pacheco leather is less supple.

Padding -
Zepol gloves have nice soft padding over the knuckles, back of the hand and the wrist. I don't like how soft the wrist padding is on the Zepol gloves. I tend to like a lot of wrist support and prefer gloves with hard padding over the wrist area. Zepol gloves are sparring ready right out of the box. No break in needed.

JC Pacheco gloves have harder padding in the same areas. The wrist support of the Pacheco gloves is excellent. Pacheco gloves are not sparring ready out of the box. I think it will take a lot of use for Pacheco gloves to be usable for sparring.

Suitability for bag work & sparring -
Zepol gloves are suitable for bags/mitts and sparring but in my opinion they are most usable for sparring. I didn't notice any discomfort when using them on bags or mitts it just that I prefer them as a sparring glove.

JC Pacheco gloves excel at bag/mitt work. They have excellent protection for your hands. The trade off is that they are not really usable for sparring out of the box. I haven't had my Pacheco gloves long enough to know how they will be for sparring once broken in.

I hope that information helps.

I have gloves by both makers so I'll give you my thoughts on how they compare to one another.

Build quality -
Both makers have good quality stitching and leather. The leather on the Zepol gloves is soft and supple, much like the leather of a Winning glove. The JC Pacheco leather is less supple.

Padding -
Zepol gloves have nice soft padding over the knuckles, back of the hand and the wrist. I don't like how soft the wrist padding is on the Zepol gloves. I tend to like a lot of wrist support and prefer gloves with hard padding over the wrist area. Zepol gloves are sparring ready right out of the box. No break in needed.

JC Pacheco gloves have harder padding in the same areas. The wrist support of the Pacheco gloves is excellent. Pacheco gloves are not sparring ready out of the box. I think it will take a lot of use for Pacheco gloves to be usable for sparring.

Zepol gloves are suitable for bags/mitts and sparring but in my opinion they are most usable for sparring. I didn't notice any discomfort when using them on bags or mitts it just that I prefer them as a sparring glove.

JC Pacheco gloves excel at bag/mitt work. They have excellent protection for your hands. The trade off is that they are not really usable for sparring out of the box. I haven't had my Pacheco gloves long enough to know how they will be for sparring once broken in.

Thanks

Build quality -

Padding -

Sounds accurate with the Jc's, I use them for drills/pads/heavy bags and they are amazing for that. I have noticed that they have started to soften a little. When they soften more, I'll let you guys know. (could be a while though).

On another note, I added a open face headgear to my order and when it's finished, I'll let you guys see the pics.

The king of the Mexican boxing gear.

Cleto Reyes, offers the best construction quality, top noch Boxing gear.

Foto0597.jpg
[/url] image[/IMG]

The king of the Mexican boxing gear.

Cleto Reyes, offers the best construction quality, top noch Boxing gear.

Foto0597.jpg
[/url] image[/IMG]

Nice collection! :p

How much for Cleto Reyes extra padded gloves in red 16oz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back