Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn I shouldve read that thread before I bought them. Only looked at the trialbyfire review. Got it for $55 and wish Icould return em tbh, find the thumbs uncomfortable too

rskbreaker have you seen billboxing's got some 16oz for sale?

If they were velcro I might have taken them off of your hands.

Hey Juan, do you have any no foul protectors?

Hi Death.

Please tell me Which is the diference between "no foul protector" and "groin belt"

I can help You to get any Mexican boxing gear, gloves, guanteletas, headguards, groin belts, wraps, shoes, speed bagas, etc.

I have this one ready to ship
groinbeltcustom.jpg
[/url] upload picture[/IMG]

You...guys

I just could not contain myself and ordered a pair of 18oz JCs!
Please, check my signature. I need to pay for these ;-)

You...guys

I just could not contain myself and ordered a pair of 18oz JCs!
Please, check my signature. I need to pay for these ;-)

Ebay? There is a huge market for high quality boxing gloves.

I would've been interested in your Cleto Reyes gloves if I didn't have any bag gloves at the moment. Sorry :icon_lol:

youll get more than 85dollars for them on ebay, but then again ebay will take their cut. I like to put stuff up Buy It Now with Best Offer and then whenever I get a sensible offer, ask the buyer to make the transaction through paypal rather than ebay to circumvent their 10%.

youll get more than 85dollars for them on ebay, but then again ebay will take their cut. I like to put stuff up Buy It Now with Best Offer and then whenever I get a sensible offer, ask the buyer to make the transaction through paypal rather than ebay to circumvent their 10%.

Thanks, guys.

Sold it on Ebay. You guys rock!

Now I am just waiting for the JCs!

Thanks, guys.

Sold it on Ebay. You guys rock!

Now I am just waiting for the JCs!

Haha, nice!

Ebay might take a cut, but I feel that it's well worth it because they provide safety incase someone doesn't pay up or send me the item. Plus I don't have to meet them in public like craigslist.

Obeanuf's Leather Cleaner followed by an application of Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP. I've been using these two products on all my leather items for years. Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP is particularly good on items that are prone to a lot of abuse such as hiking boots and Boxing gear. The main thing to remember with any leather item is that you want to clean the leather first and then feed the leather. Heavy Duty LP feeds and protects the leather without breaking down or harming the fibers of the leather. I usually put my gloves outside in the sun to warm them first and then apply Heavy Duty LP. This allows the Heavy Duty LP to be deeply absorbed into the leather.

It will take about one thimble full of Heavy Duty LP to treat each glove so the 8 oz container will last you a long, long time. My last container just ran out and I bought it in 2007.

I didn't have time to sun them since I got back late at night, but I tried both last night. My white JC's always get dirty and I have to spray and scrub them down. Today, that wasn't the case as they were still clean after I conditioned them yesterday. So tonight I cleaned and conditioned all my leather gear. Got the Obernauf's from Cabela's since they had USPS shipping and the Cleaner was $4.88 on sale. Thanks for the advice!

You're welcome. Obenauf's stuff is the best I've used and believe me I've tried so many products it's ridiculous. I first learned of Obenaufs when I had a pair of mountaineering boots custom made for me. The bootmaker told me about Obenaufs and I've been using it ever since.

Now back to Mexican boxing equipment discussions. :)

Ok back to Mexican Boxing equipment, my JC's have held up pretty well and are great for bag/pad/drill work. I use my winnings for sparring.

I've also just ordered a custom JC groin belt and some Cleto Reyes handwraps (not custom) so we'll see how they perform later one.

Completely broken in now, and as protective as my RS10Vs with 5 layers of foam. Freshly lubed up...

DSC02768_zps1efdd43b.jpg

Yea.

About facebar headguard
Best visibility :
1. JC PAcheco
2. Reyes
3. Seyer
4. Zepol
Lightweight:
1. Reyes(Vynil frame)
2. Seyer
3. JC Pacheco
4 Zepol

headguard Chickprotection:
Best visibility :
1. Casanova and Campe

Just curious, does the headgear protect the nose or jaw?

They are meant to protect your nose, but also protect your mouth from direct shots; I already had a septoplasty done, and about to get a bunch of dental work done, so I want maximum protection for training.

They are meant to protect your nose, but also protect your mouth from direct shots; I already had a septoplasty done, and about to get a bunch of dental work done, so I want maximum protection for training.

I know it's supposed to protect your nose, but this past week I've seen some people wearing facesavers and it only protected their jaw with their noses exposed like a big window to punch through so I've learned to be cautious.

I know it's supposed to protect your nose, but this past week I've seen some people wearing facesavers and it only protected their jaw with their noses exposed like a big window to punch through so I've learned to be cautious.

Depends on the model. I had similar issues with new Cleto Reyes facesaver, does not protect nose as good as the older one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back