Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
so which would you say is of a higher quality, the JCs or the Fairtex Mexicans?

No glaring differences as far as quality. Only time will tell how the foam, leather, and stitching hold up long term.

How does the thumb feel?

I agree with BigCP. The thumb feels good, no complaints.

Are the JC's light? I was comparing my Triumphs 16oz to my title gloves yesterday and the title gloves were really heavy. I ordered some JC's too so they should be coming in the mail soon.

It's a long glove and it seems like they use the same padding throughout the gloves, so the weight is distributed evenly.

Some gloves might be wider instead of longer, so they might feel a little top heavy. Some gloves also use different foam for the knuckle area and the cuff, that can throw the weight off a bit as well. I haven't found that to be an issue with these gloves.

Last edited:
Are the JC's light? I was comparing my Triumphs 16oz to my title gloves yesterday and the title gloves were really heavy. I ordered some JC's too so they should be coming in the mail soon.

They seem light to me.

Thanks guys, can't wait to get them in 2 weeks or so.

I don't usually like the colors red and blue together, but with yellow they look sexy.

Just got my Zepol's in an they feel sweet. The leather is super soft with that broke in feal just a quality glove. There was a problem with the brand decal on the gloves but Juan let me know well in advance and gave me the option of having them remade or refunding my money. Since it was purely cosmetic I chose to take the gloves as is. I havent had a chanse to spar with them yet but looking forward to next class so I can feel them out.

Juan has been great to work with and I apreciate that he let me know about the potential issue and offered to take care of it for me.

My JC's came in yesterday, but I missed the postman and I'll be picking it up tomorrow morning:p

Ok, finally got my JC's, they feel kinda stiff, how are you guys breaking them in? Just use them in class or something?

any recommendations on how to clean and take care of these. a cobbler in my town recommended leather conditioner once a month. what would you recomend

any recommendations on how to clean and take care of these. a cobbler in my town recommended leather conditioner once a month. what would you recomend

I use baby wipes to clean my equipment.

I use mineral oil (baby oil)

Obeanuf's Leather Cleaner followed by an application of Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP. I've been using these two products on all my leather items for years. Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP is particularly good on items that are prone to a lot of abuse such as hiking boots and Boxing gear. The main thing to remember with any leather item is that you want to clean the leather first and then feed the leather. Heavy Duty LP feeds and protects the leather without breaking down or harming the fibers of the leather. I usually put my gloves outside in the sun to warm them first and then apply Heavy Duty LP. This allows the Heavy Duty LP to be deeply absorbed into the leather.

It will take about one thimble full of Heavy Duty LP to treat each glove so the 8 oz container will last you a long, long time. My last container just ran out and I bought it in 2007.

Last edited:
I used leather conditioner, cleans my gear, keeps my leather in great shape... been using the JC's for about 3 weeks and they freaking rock... will start sparring with them in another week or so, the natural latex has broken in well with about 30-40hrs of bag work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back