Merab closing in on the TOP 10 Total Strikes Landed (but horrible KO/TKO/KD ratio)

Ozze

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
According to UFC stats (so UFC fights only), Merab is now with a total of 2.087 strikes landed (total strikes, not only significant ones).

The top 10 are:
Max - 3.387
GSP - 2.591
RDA - 2.587
Neil Magny - 2.538
Darren Elkins - 2.501
Nate Diaz - 2.487
Frankie Edgar - 2.481
Usman - 2.427
Angela Hill - 2.379
Jessica Andrade - 2.273

So by his next fight he should break the top 10 since he averages 150 strikes per fight and thats counting his 3 rounders.
Considering his 5 rounders, he averages over 200 per fight.

But yet, even with all those strikes, he has only one TKO (Marlon Moraes) and one knockdown (in a loss to Ricky Simon) to his name.
So his average punches to TKO or KD so far is 2.087/1 (2.087 strikes to land a single TKO or KD).

Here's the average for the top 10:

FigherTotal StrikesKnockdownsPunches to KDTKO/KOPunches to TKO/KO
Holloway3.3781130711307
GSP2.59192888234
RDA2.58773704647
Magny2.53821.2696423
Elkins2.50121.2514625
Nate Diaz2.48746224622
Edgar2.48138275496
Usman2.427102434607
Angela Hill2.379379321.190
Andrade2.27373256379

So his finshing power is the worst by far. And it's not like he's getting all these subs too because he only has one to his credit.
That's why his fights really lack any excitement. By the first 2 minutes of round 1 you kind of already see how the whole thing is going to play out.

So, that's it. Don't really have a point, just was curious about his stats so I decide to share.

GSP owned the total strike record, at one point. But sig strikes is all MAX.

Speaking of which..

Merab takes the TD record from GSP in his next fight. That’s nothing to sneeze at.

He is special in his day, and age.

His cardio is insane.

If you want finishes you watch Poatan, or Tom Aspinall, or Charles Oliviera. You dont watch Merab for finishes, you watch him for the greatest display of conditioning and grappling cardio you will ever see. I dont think I have ever seen such relentlessness like the Yan fight.

No one can keep a grappling pace like Merab. Not prime Usman, not Khabib, no one. You go to marvel at a fighter who has turned his body into a grappling machine.

If you want finishes you watch Poatan, or Tom Aspinall, or Charles Oliviera. You dont watch Merab for finishes, you watch him for the greatest display of conditioning and grappling cardio you will ever see. I dont think I have ever seen such relentlessness like the Yan fight.

No one can keep a grappling pace like Merab. Not prime Usman, not Khabib, no one. You go to marvel at a fighter who has turned his body into a grappling machine.

That indeed is impressive. Break others spirits through sheer pace.

GSP owned the total strike record, at one point. But sig strikes is all MAX.

Speaking of which..

Merab takes the TD record from GSP in his next fight. That’s nothing to sneeze at.

He is special in his day, and age.

His cardio is insane.
We'll never see cardio like his again I reckon. Really inhuman.

But yet, even with all those strikes, he has only one TKO (Marlon Moraes) and one knockdown (in a loss to Ricky Simon) to his name.
So his average punches to TKO or KD so far is 2.087/1 (2.087 strikes to land a single TKO or KD).

You kinda have to be pillowfisted in order to beat striking records, unless you are fighting someone with a legendary chin (like Gaethje vs. Ferguson or Cannonier vs. Vettori)

I don't think Ngannou or Tom Aspinall are beating strike records any time soon.

You kinda have to be pillowfisted in order to beat striking records, unless you are fighting someone with a legendary chin (like Gaethje vs. Ferguson or Cannonier vs. Vettori)

I don't think Ngannou or Tom Aspinall are beating strike records any time soon.

Yeah, makes sense. But Merab looks like he's not even trying. It's working for him so why change it, but would be nice to see him swing for the fences once in a while.

His one tko is against the second (Cody being first) chinniest fighter at 135 history. Needs to add some submissions to his game to get finishes out there.

Well. there is no surprise guys with the most strikes landed are pillowfisted like littel Frankie Edgar or Skinny Fat Nate.

There is a reason you don't see the Ngannous and the Hendersons there.

You won't get the all-time strike record if you're knocking your opponents out all the time. Notice how none of those in the list are known for KO power?

<seedat>

get those wmma stats out of there. I really dont understand why wmma gets put in the same shit as mma.
they are inferior to men in sports in general and they dont compete with men. no need to compare their stats with men. it is pointless, dont try to pin this like it's hate or sexism, these are facts.

waaaaay more curious what the ACTUAL top ten is than this degraded shit with Angela Hill in it.

Back