mendes vs gamburyan!? why???

seems like they are using chad to clear the division up.

ya this they have been giving him some weird match ups like mckenzie, then meza, and now gamburyan, it seems like there trying to put chad on a big winning streak so he can fight aldo again, or if aldo leaves the division they will probably have him and probably edgar fight for the belt.

Gamburyan is like Ronda Rousey's BFF 4 Life and was begging to get on the card. Chad Mendes is far from a title shot and looking to fight as often as possible to build himself to a title shot.

There it is.

ya this they have been giving him some weird match ups like mckenzie, then meza, and now gamburyan, it seems like there trying to put chad on a big winning streak so he can fight aldo again, or if aldo leaves the division they will probably have him and probably edgar fight for the belt.

to be fair, Meza was a replacement with 1 week notice, he was spose to face Yuri Alcantra which would have been fine

Meza was a last second replacement, he was supposed to fight Dias which was a pretty reasonable next step. Mckenzie didnt make much sense but im not too mad about the Manny fight because the FW division is pretty log jammed at the top.

KZ is waiting for a title shot and then theres Koch/Lamas winner and Cub/Siver winner too. Plus Guida if he beats Hioki will be up for a big fight

the UFC should think about giving Mendes the winner or Guida/Hioki if he beats Manny.

Mendes is a very good talent, but I think the Aldo fight showed he's just not ready for the top. But I don't think letting him build up wins is helpful. He needs to fight some real competition, maybe one of the former LW's.

They are giving Mendes all gimme fights. Cody McKenzie, Yaotzin Meza, and now Manny Gamburyan. But I think it's mainly because the featherweight division isn't stacked enough yet.

Back