Mendes v mcgregor ufc 196 free fight

A haters explanation. He makes weight. Be mad at the regulations.

I'm not even mad about that. Conor's weight cutting is more impressive than his fight against Mendez imo. It's an aspect of the game for sure.

But like being a reflex based fighter, this dulls with age. The massive weight cutting ability is the first to go, hence the idea that conor is going to have to move to 155 whether he wants to or not. If he can't beat RDA then he has very few places to go.

Conor was eating Mendes up standing and had him broken. Mendes shot for a desperate takedown and got it. His only success was on the ground. Still, Conor did manage to stuff a couple and ended up getting to this feet at the end. The only thing Mendes showed was that Conor can be taken down by elite wrestlers.

Conor beat him up bad won round 1. So what he got taken down big deal. Finished him inside 2 rounds also. Don't see why people argue this fight was close

These posts are the type that will get quoted and bashed for being nut huggers, yet the fact is, they are basically correct. Conor and Chad exchanged hard blows on the feet but Conor wobbled Chad and forced him to shoot. I bet any money if the positions were reversed and it was Conor who was the wrestler, the entire fight would be called lay and pray or some shit. It was an equal fight and being controlled and ground and pounded counts the same as being hurt and finished with 3 mins(total standing time) to most unbiased fans.

The RDA fight(who unlike Aldo usually uses his offensive wrestling in all of his fights) will be the true measuring stick, I assume Conor will either lose a UD or KO him in three but lets wait and see. (And hope Aldo is avenged)

I'm not even mad about that. Conor's weight cutting is more impressive than his fight against Mendez imo. It's an aspect of the game for sure.

But like being a reflex based fighter, this dulls with age. The massive weight cutting ability is the first to go, hence the idea that conor is going to have to move to 155 whether he wants to or not. If he can't beat RDA then he has very few places to go.
You're mad .

Back