Social Meme Thread v.84: Retaking Constantinople

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deorum

Fuck Your Thots
@Black
Reaction score
Previous (v.83): https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/meme-thread-v-83-the-other-six-deadly-sins.4244029/

(@HockeyBjj)
The Restoring Constantinople Movement.

cns1.jpg

cns2.jpg

cns3.jpg

TBH, the meme thread is also the Norse paganism mega-thread.

nrs1.jpg"

nrs2.jpg

nrs3.jpg

rs1.jpg

I've personally always felt like Bob Paris would've made a far better gay fitness celebrity "guru" (or whatever the fuck Simmons is). I wonder if he has any regrets.

Bob Paris (born December 14, 1959) is an American writer, public speaker, civil rights activist, and former professional bodybuilder. Paris was the 1983 American National and IFBB World Bodybuilding Champion. Renowned for his artistic approach toward the sport, Flex Magazine ranked Bob Paris as the most aesthetic athlete in the history of bodybuilding. In the July 1989 issue of Iron Man Magazine, Paris came out as a gay man. He was the world's first male professional athlete, in any sport, to do so while still an active competitor. Paris's career ended up suffering as a result and he lost around 80% of his bookings and endorsements for bodybuilding.[7][8][9]

bp1.jpg

Insulin (+HGH) Gut Non-Existent.

bp2.jpg

Populism?

<{clintugh}>
Yes? I depise establishment republicans nearly as much as I do liberal politicians.
Populist/Nationalist here.

<{cum@me}>
Populism is too vague a term imo. It encompasses a lot of political ideologies in theory, although not necessarily in practice. Sign me up for some good old fashioned fascism.

People self-identifying as "populist" feels like a recent phenomenon. It wasn't that long ago it was almost like a descriptor and epithet for someone (typically a political candidate) who pushed a lot of hot rhetoric but at the end of the day wasn't actually about shit and wasn't going to do shit -- not that this applies to Holmes or Sakurabas, lol. Anybody partial to nationalism, especially as opposed to a globalist internationalism lean has the right idea. And the latter very much includes the present model of "free market" (crony) capitalism, that shit is poison.

Wild that Christianity in the US can be even slightly affiliated with white power movements. WTF does a Middle Eastern-origin religion, that had to fight tooth and nail against the Roman Empire (actual white Europeans), have to do with white guys in the US? Ridiculous.
I just found out that they added Under God to the pledge of alliance in 1954. The US has really lost its way. It was founded as a secular, elitist nation ruled by slave owning planters who knew the poor shouldn't vote. Now it's a democracy (lol) ruled by semi-literate Bible-thumpers.

<45>

<{dayum}>

I mean, whatever. I'm cool with them doing their thing-thing so long as it's kept arms length and we're operating on live and let live (unlikely). There was one time on here when I think it was @goldennirvana who was incessantly banging on about "Whites & Christianity" in some thread as if they are inseparably mutually inclusive and I was like hey, knock that shit off. It is not the indigenous ethnic religion of Europeans - Not Up North - and Nordic people were looked at as a fringe minority of barbarians by Christian civilization.
Gods of Northern Europe said:
By the time the great nations emerged, and men thought of Anglo-Saxon England or Merovingian France as established powers, most of the Germanic peoples had given up their pagan beliefs and adopted Christianity. In Scandinavia the new Church was much longer gaining a foothold. Not until the eleventh century were the people of Norway converted by those doughty Christian kings, Olaf Tryggvason and Olaf the Holy. These two waged unceasing battle against the pagan gods, smashing their idols, burning their temples, and either driving out their followers or putting them to a painful death in the name of Christ.

Thus we see why we can learn comparatively little about the Northern European pagan religion from England and Germany, where Christianity was established early. We have to turn for information to Scandinavia, where a vigorous heathen population flourished for centuries after Augustine sailed for Kent, or to places in the northwest where the Scandinavian settlers left the marks of their influence. In the last days of their heathenism, Viking adventurers from Norway and Sweden were the scourge and terror of the church in Europe.

They swooped down on churches, monasteries, and villages in Britain, France, Germany, and Spain. They burned and plundered, they carried off chalices, crucifixes, and jeweled book covers as loot. It must have seemed to the Christians as if these robust searobbers would conquer the western world and usher in a new age of darkness. Vikings ruled in the Orkneys and Shetlands, in the Hebrides, Man, and Dublin. They wiped out the community in Columba’s monastery at Iona. In 875 they sacked Lindisfarne, a centre of learning and inspiration renowned through Christendom, and all civilized Europe was shocked and saddened by the news.

The Viking adventurers were indomitable. They reached the eastern shore of America; they pushed down the Dnieper to Byzantium, where the Christian emperor valued their physical prowess sufficiently to enroll them in his special Varangian guard. They refused to be intimidated by ghosts of the past or the proud civilization of the south, but had the effrontery to cut runic inscriptions on ancient tombs like Maeshowe in Orkney, and on classical monuments like the marble lion of the Piraeus. No haven seemed safe from their longships, and no coast town or village from their favourite weapons: the long sword, the axe, and the firebrand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back