*Melendez Vs Sanchez: Who gets it and how?

even tho im a Sanchez fan i really dont see many ways he wins this fight. He is outclassed pretty much everywhere. He needs to turn it into a brawl.

Should be a scrappy fight but I think Melendez is better than Diego in every aspect and takes a dominant decision win.

I hope this fight shows the best from both fighters. Gil's last couple of fights, he's underwhelmed.

Agreed. Though he did look the best he's ever looked in a good while in his bout with Bendo, I'm calling for the Sanchez upset. Gil has been underwhelming the past several years.

Great fight, I just see Gil as being slightly better at everything than Diego (except bjj, I'd call that even...seeing as Gil is more of a defensive bjj player and Diego is more offensive). I'm calling Gil by ud. A very entertaining one at that.

This is a bit of a mismatch. I think they booked this fight specifically to rebuild Melendez.

With Diego an upset is always possible tho, I suppose.

Gil via 3 round domination Diego will show a ton a heart tho as always

I think a lot of people are under estimating Diego in this one. Even Gil knows this is gonna be awar. Just listen to any of his interviews. Both these guys have trained with eachother and both have said they had some epic training sessions. I do not think this is as one sided as people are making it out to be.
I understand everyone only remembers your last fight. And Gil looked great against Bendo and Diego had a very lack luster fight with Gomi. But Diego was coming off an injury/surgery and a super long lay off. Not to mention a huge weight cut. I know that sounds like excuses but its also the facts.
From all accounts Diego is in much better shape this camp and is ready. Im expecting a 3 round action packed fight.
Sure Gil may still win, but I don’t expect this fight to be one sided at all.

I think a lot of people are under estimating Diego in this one. Even Gil knows this is gonna be awar. Just listen to any of his interviews. Both these guys have trained with eachother and both have said they had some epic training sessions. I do not think this is as one sided as people are making it out to be.
I understand everyone only remembers your last fight. And Gil looked great against Bendo and Diego had a very lack luster fight with Gomi. But Diego was coming off an injury/surgery and a super long lay off. Not to mention a huge weight cut. I know that sounds like excuses but its also the facts.
From all accounts Diego is in much better shape this camp and is ready. Im expecting a 3 round action packed fight.
Sure Gil may still win, but I don

I think Sanchez tries to bullrush Melendez, but gets outstruck with crisper boxing; gets his takedowns stuffed; he probably won't get finished but he'll get outworked for a decision. All this being said, he does have a way of mesmerizing the judges (like in the Kampmann fight) with his flailing punches and zombified aggression.

If Melendez fights smart he's going to smoke Diego.

If Melendez gets lead into a firefight? He's still going to win but it will be fun to watch.

Back