Melendez said he was out for 1s... w/gif

yeah but he was awake by the time he hit the ground and was already going for a single

dang, i like melendez, but that gives future opponents some confidence and blueprint plans

Blueprint is go wild several times in a fight and hope to connect just once? That turned out worse for Diego through the fight and landing just one wasnt enough.

I doubt that blueprint will ever have the rubber band removed from it by any elite fighter facing Melendez. Im sure most will go by his 1st and 3rd fight with JT and the Bendo fight. Mostly everybody knows Diego was outclassed completely and desperation was his gameplan in the end(actually pretty much from the start)

Blueprint is go wild several times in a fight and hope to connect? I doubt that blueprint will ever have the rubber band removed from it by any elite fighter facing Melendez.

why not. worked for Diego a few times. his only flaw is that he wouldnt follow through with punches

why not. worked for Diego a few times. his only flaw is that he wouldnt follow through with punches

it worked for him once...he also got dropped himself and rocked several times doing it. That might be fine for Diego but most fighters know they dont have the chin for that shit. JT initiated rock em sock em moments in the second fight with Gil and got dropped a couple times. It's nothing new for Gil and wild exchanges will usually go in his favor like it did then and again tonight. Plus, wild flurries is part of Diego's game. It's out of character for pretty much any relevant LW including the champ.

Melendez recovered too quickly and grabbed a leg. Sanchez wasnt in a position to land meaningful LEGAL strikes. It just wasnt going to happen for Diego. He'll have to settle with Rogan treating him like the star of the show even though that was his only moment.

Here's in fast motion, you can see after Gil gets rocked he recovers then goes for the leg.

gil%20vs%20sanchez2.gif

Definitely out for a second. He's lucky that left hand missed too.

Sanchez needed to follow up with strikes, the grappling initiation may have robbed him of a GOAT come from behind win

As soon as I saw him going for a sub I knew he just blew his chance. Instantly reminded me of Big Nog and Frank Mir.

:(

As soon as I saw him going for a sub I knew he just blew his chance. Instantly reminded me of Big Nog and Frank Mir.

:(

Same feel here, except for the part that Diego wasn't trapped on a kimura and refused to tap until his arm was broken ;)

dang, i like melendez, but that gives future opponents some confidence and blueprint plans

How the hell does that give his opponents a blue print plan on how to beat him and more confidence? How is the confidence of JDS after catching Cain in their first fight? The only thing it does is teaches Gil to not get sucked into a brawling style of fighting.

What do we need to say? If he says he was out for 1 second he was. Have you ever gotten hit that hard?

Back