• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Megathread for attacks on police: what did the criminals do wrong today? Lots, is the answer.

FWIW, just throwing this in ...

Cops who are jackasses stick out, and just like the famous Sixth Sense quote; a lot of them are jackasses and don't even know it.

Still, I took a temp job before I finished my undergrad helping a PD migrate their computer system in a decent exoburb of St. Louis (O' Fallon, for those who know). All the cops I met were not only really nice guys, but most of the younger ones didn't even want to be cops. It was just the best job offer they had out of college. (Again, back then the job market was worse and some PD's could be picky enough to require a Bachelor's or better for new hires).

The thing I remember best, and was the most surprised by, was the younger guy celebrating leaving his job because he had been hired by DisneyWorld to be security. Apparently it was a major pay bump and much safer.

Anyway, I can't help but think of one of those guys in these videos. I completely understand why some of them turn into what they do, and I'm not sure how we fix this.

What other job then Logger involves purposely cutting down trees that can kill you?
As I said - all jobs are unique when it comes to what dangers the job brings.
Not sure where you are getting at here but I know a shit ton of logger back in Georgia. We had this talk before and they all said no way they'd want to be a cop due to the dangers. And this was BEFORE 2020.
She had at least 3 seconds to taze him while he was a good distance away. As I said in other posts - that she did not have out Tazer and gun, or even just the gun, after she saw him running towards her, just shows she was badly trained like 99% of all US cops are.
Oh so this 1 incident puts the face on 99% of all cops in America? wow... You just shed some light upon yourself without even realizing it.

If I had know he was as incompetent and uneducated as he is, I would not have started started with him.

That he has been a cop is frightening. That he has been an instructor is terrifying.
You saying that when you already proved yourself to be an ACABasshat? WOW....

Any comment mentioning Sterling trying to pull out a gun automatically get algorithm-deleted :oops:

I mentioned him in my other megathread on controversial shootings that were justified imo. This one and Rashad brooks are two I always mention.

sterling was a pedo, that was selling either drugs or burnt CDs in that parking lot. When he was asked to leave by the store manager, he pulled the gun on him. That was why the cops went in hot. I don’t like the language the one cop used and I would have said “dude, we got a report that you displayed a firearm. Do not move and put your hands on the car right now.” You know, instead of I will shoot you in the head.

They tased him and went hands on and he kept reaching for the gun trying to get it out of his pocket. There’s another video that is from Howie’s angle that is a bit better for the end of it.

The craziest things about this incident are that sterling’s faniliy got five million dollar settlement and almost ten cops were mirdered in the wake of his useless ass death. 3 in Baton Rouge and six in Dallas two weeks later. Also crazy is that this was 2016, not 2020.

I was waiting for this kind of response. Someone upset that cops can be victims too. The latest “what did cops do wrong” thread started as a legit justified shoot that a mod decided to make a bad cop thread. I have been thinking about this thread for a while and other posters were talking about making this and urged me to do it.

The difference is criminals are... criminals? Police are supposed to be good guys, and often the power of the state is used to protect them when they do the wrong thing.

Holy effing BOGUS!!! You are saying that I am doing the 3rd most dangerous job as we speak??? I call bullshit!

Electrician and Carpenter also? So you are saying the two gigs I did on the weekends for fun in 2019 were more dangerous than being a cop??

Good god, you just destroyed err... actually, you didn't have any credibility to begin with.

Bristol, CT. Uses 911 to set ambush after being angry about traffic stop over fighting and possible DUI, kills 2 & injures 1.

Disturbing audio toward end with screams.

Edit: worth noting the bigger guy at the drunk stop asks; "Is officer Hamzy working tonight?" Hamzy is one of the officers killed in his ambush ~35 minutes later.

What a piece of shit asshole. At the bar, on the traffic stop. Two of the cops didn’t help matters, but then they would make things kind of jokey and then man child would want to fight. I would have arrested him and he would have gotten his fight. Pepper spray the fuck out of him and watch him wail.

The difference is criminals are... criminals? Police are supposed to be good guys, and often the power of the state is used to protect them when they do the wrong thing.

And most of the time, cops are the good guys even when such efforts are to make them the bad guys. I have a whole other thread filled with good uses of force that were “controversial” and led to protests and lawsuits and some were even charged (rashard brooks shooting who pointed a taser at a cop’s face and was rightfully shot for it-cops charged with murder and charges were dropped, city sued for millions, riots and a child was murdered by rioters that burnt down the Wendy’s where the incident took place-all because it was the dumpster fire that was 2020).

There are plenty of bad cop threads as I stated and I actually detailed several good shoots that were dumped into those threads by a vindictive mod so I made some megathreads that are harder to dump without better justification. This thread just shows the craziness cops face and people still can’t handle it and want to hate

Holy effing BOGUS!!! You are saying that I am doing the 3rd most dangerous job as we speak??? I call bullshit!

Electrician and Carpenter also? So you are saying the two gigs I did on the weekends for fun in 2019 were more dangerous than being a cop??

Good god, you just destroyed err... actually, you didn't have any credibility to begin with.

It’s amazing you’re still alive. Same with me. I was a groundskeeper one summer and I was terrified every time I pulled out my clippers. I nhave had these kinds of arguments with many people, including the dude @Oddmonster you’re talking to. It’s pointless. As I point out, some jobs may have an inherent environmental risk involved but it is completely different when the environmental risks are people that are actually trying to kill you rather than what will be concluded as a “tragic accident” vs murder. I have been attacked more times than I can count, was shot at, and stabbed by a bloody knife the guy tried to slit his own throat with.

What a piece of shit asshole. At the bar, on the traffic stop. Two of the cops didn’t help matters, but then they would make things kind of jokey and then man child would want to fight. I would have arrested him and he would have gotten his fight. Pepper spray the fuck out of him and watch him wail.

TBH, this really lends support of arresting EVERYONE for aggressive behavior.

I actually feel bad for the two cops on the traffic stop. Yeah, one of them was a little more aggressive than he needed to be, but they didn't even arrest them on anything despite having committed multiple crimes. They tried to laugh it off and let the drunk guy go with a little hurt ego. Now they have to feel responsible for this everyday for the rest of their lives, for "going easy" on these two guys.

It also lends a lot of support to cops being absolutely authoritarian and merciless in all civilian interactions. The K9 cop, after being insulted, actually smiled and hugged that guy, who then started making threats ... which he actually carried out. You could argue the mistake was not forcibly containing the shooter from second one by any means necessary, and arresting him.

Which if they did, the other cops would be alive ... and everyone would be calling them assh0les. They can't win.

TBH, this really lends support of arresting EVERYONE for aggressive behavior.

I actually feel bad for the two cops on the traffic stop. Yeah, one of them was a little more aggressive than he needed to be, but they didn't even arrest them on anything despite having committed multiple crimes. They tried to laugh it off and let the drunk guy go with a little hurt ego. Now they have to feel responsible for this everyday for the rest of their lives, for "going easy" on these two guys.

It also lends a lot of support to cops being absolutely authoritarian and merciless in all civilian interactions. The K9 cop, after being insulted, actually smiled and hugged that guy, who then started making threats ... which he actually carried out. You could argue the mistake was not forcibly containing the shooter from second one by any means necessary, and arresting him.

Which if they did, the other cops would be alive ... and everyone would be calling them assh0les. They can't win.

They couldn’t make an arrest for the bar fight because they didn’t see it. It was a misdemeanor assault that did not occur in their presence. So they collect info and see if the other person wants to file charges and it gets sent to a prosecutor. They started to state that he was disturbing the peace/disorderly conduct-but cops can’t be the victims of that-other citizens do. Can’t get him for drunk in public because he was on his way home. The sober brother was an asshole too and didn’t seem that sober to me or he’s just stupid. Cops have to be able to take abuse, but that guy was really pushing limits and I would have expected a domestic there later on.

They couldn’t make an arrest for the bar fight because they didn’t see it. It was a misdemeanor assault that did not occur in their presence. So they collect info and see if the other person wants to file charges and it gets sent to a prosecutor. They started to state that he was disturbing the peace/disorderly conduct-but cops can’t be the victims of that-other citizens do. Can’t get him for drunk in public because he was on his way home. The sober brother was an asshole too and didn’t seem that sober to me or he’s just stupid. Cops have to be able to take abuse, but that guy was really pushing limits and I would have expected a domestic there later on.

He threatened that cop, point-blank.
"I really want to hurt you right now ... You won't see me from 800 yards ..."

I almost posted what they should have done, but truthfully I wasn't in their position, and I'm damned sure they never expected what was coming.
Anyway, I really feel bad for those two guys and I hope their department puts in the work and effort to take care of them. If they don't, I'd be questioning what the union was really there for.

The list is based on data. You can act like a muppet all you want, that does not change facts.

He threatened that cop, point-blank.
"I really want to hurt you right now ... You won't see me from 800 yards ..."

I almost posted what they should have done, but truthfully I wasn't in their position, and I'm damned sure they never expected what was coming.
Anyway, I really feel bad for those two guys and I hope their department puts in the work and effort to take care of them. If they don't, I'd be questioning what the union was really there for.

Good point. I forgot about that and I did notice and took note because I would have said “what do you mean by that?” To get him to elaborate and make an arrest different than a disorderly conduct and maybe they take his guns while determining if he was really a threat. In my experience, guys that act like him are more often than not, all bluster-but this guy obviously was serious. I hope the bullets entered him slowly and sideways

Couldn't answer ONE thing I asked huh? Just went with the "eh eerr data". How about real life and reality??
Data is the representation of real life and reality. The fact is - being a cop is not as dangerous as many other jobs. No matter how many anecdotes and opinions you have on the subject, I believe " U.S. Bureau of Labor statistics" knows what they are doing.

Data is the representation of real life and reality. The fact is - being a cop is not as dangerous as many other jobs. No matter how many anecdotes and opinions you have on the subject, I believe " U.S. Bureau of Labor statistics" knows what they are doing.

Now link the data on which jobs have the most accidental injuries and death verses the ones that have the most injuries and death from other people attacking you.

Back